- newMGNREGA labour engagement dips massively
Compared to last year’s engagement of over 52 lakh labourers under MGNREGA at the height of Covid pandemic on June 14 (2020), the numbers dipped to 13.48 lakh on the corresponding day this year (2021) at a time when the state was reeling under second wave. The highest labour engagement per day in the state last year (2020) was on June 15 at 53.45 lakh.
- 1 hour ago 15 Jun 21, 4:21am -
- new6 assailants attack commission agent in Kota
- 2 hours ago 15 Jun 21, 3:42am -
- newRape accused arrested for killing victim
A man, out on bail in a rape case, was arrested on Monday in Rajasthan's Sirohi district for allegedly stabbing to death the woman he had raped last year, police said.
- 3 hours ago 15 Jun 21, 2:39am -
- newRajasthan witnesses 20 Covid-19 deaths
Rajasthan recorded 20 coronavirus-related deaths and 277 fresh positive cases on Monday, taking the total number of fatalities and case tally to 8,842 and 9,49,961 respectively, an official bulletin stated.
- 3 hours ago 15 Jun 21, 2:07am -
- newMan lynched over suspicion of smuggling cattle
A man was lynched while another injured by a group of people who attacked them on suspicion of smuggling cattle in Rajasthan's Chittorgarh district, police said on Monday.
- 6 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 11:08pm -
- newHarish Choudhary refutes resignation rumours
Revenue minister Harish Choudhary on Sunday called a press conference over rumours of his resignation, his audio in Punjab case and Sonia Gandhi calling him to Delhi.
- 14 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 3:11pm -
- newJaipur: Firm flouts waste segregation terms
Four years have passed since the contract with the garbage collection company was signed by the directorate of local bodies, but waste segregation has never been implemented here.
- 14 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 2:56pm -
- newJaipur: Sodala elevated road littered with hazards
Driving through Sodala elevated road requires a lot of courage. The entire stretch is littered with hazards like protruding light poles that spill onto the main driveway.
- 15 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 2:34pm -
- newMahavir Chakra recipient Brig Raghubir Singh Rajawat dies
Brig Raghubir Singh Rajawat, Mahavir Chakra (MVC) recipient, died here on Sunday following age-related issues. He was from 18 Rajputana Rifles and had also received a sword from Maharaja Sawai Man Singh as a token of honour.
- 15 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 2:33pm -
- newJaipur: Heritage Walk in Walled City losing its charm
The ‘Heritage Walk’, a special pathway designed to give tourists and residents of the city an experience of the last historical layer of Walled City, is fast losing its charm.
- 15 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 2:21pm -
- newRecovered patients now suffer from insomnia, depression
The past few months have been a difficult ride for Covid patients. Now after recovery, they are suffering from mental health issues such as insomnia, depression and anxiety.
- 15 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 2:05pm -
- newRajasthan: Covid’s daily positivity rate goes below 1%
Out of 44,742 samples tested for Covid in the last 24 hours, 308 were found infected with the virus, which brought down the positivity rate to as low as 0.7%. The state has been witnessing a continuous fall in the active caseload and it currently stands at 7,441.
- 19 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:54am -
- newRaj: Districts follow MI strategy to scale up vax drive
Scaling up Covid vaccination, some districts in the state have started following the strategy which they have followed for vaccinating children under Mission Indradhanush (MI).
- 19 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:54am -
- newBarmer & Jaisalmer start survey to identify orphan kids
Barmer and Jaisalmer administrations have started door-to-door survey to identify children who have become orphans due to corona or any other crisis and have not been linked with Palanhaar scheme. This survey will be completed in 3-4 days. Teams of administrative officers are conducting the survey. Chief minister has also announced a special package for corona victims and for its implementation Barmer collector Lok Bandhu visited homes of corona victims and assured them to get them the benefit o…
- 19 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:53am -
- newRow over mandatory dose for MGNREGA work in Dungarpur
Simalwara Panchayat Samiti’s order allowing only those labourers to work in MGNREGA who have taken at least one dose of vaccine has courted controversy in the district.
- 19 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:52am -
- newCentre clears sandstone mining in Raj forest area
The Centre has given in-principle approval to free up 398 hectares of forest land in the vicinity of Bharatpur’s Band Baretha Wildlife Sanctuary to mine state’s famous red sandstone and ensure a steady supply of the material to Ayodhya for the ongoing construction of a grand Ram temple.
- 20 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:37am -
- newGehlot MLAs join chorus to demand cabinet expansion
After MLAs loyal to former deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot demanded expansion of the state cabinet, legislators close to CM Ashok Gehlot have now joined the chorus.
- 20 hours ago 14 Jun 21, 9:35am -
- Rajasthan records seven Covid deaths, 308 fresh cases
Rajasthan recorded seven more coronavirus-related fatalities and 308 fresh cases on Sunday, taking the death toll and the infection tally to 8,822 and 9,49,684, according to an official report.
- 1 day ago 14 Jun 21, 3:12am -
- Gehlot govt tapping phones of public representatives: BJP
Union Jal shakti minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on Sunday alleged that Congress government in Rajasthan has been indulging in tapping phones of public representatives illegally and using them as a political weapon.
- 1 day ago 13 Jun 21, 11:20pm -
- Raj: '32 leopards died or missing in 9 yrs from Jhalana'
Not just tigers, leopards in the state are under threat too as many have died or have gone missing mysteriously from Jhalana Reserve Forest, where ‘Project Leopard’, a first-of-its-kind, was launched.
- 2 days ago 13 Jun 21, 10:05am -