- newBengaluru Metro successfully launches web girder over railway tracks
Metro trains will pass through this 550-Metric Tonne high steel girder steadied using 14,500 bolts and super high man lifters on a span of 65 metres.
- 8 hours ago 4 Feb 23, 12:17am -
- newFlyer caught with radioactive substance at Bengaluru airport
Carrying radioactive material is banned in airports in India and figures in the prohibited list of both checked-in and cabin baggage.
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:40am -
- Man kills wife using dumbbells during fight in Bengaluru, surrenders to cops
Morris was running a telephone firm and was getting contracts to erect mobile towers and install mobile equipment.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:50am -
- Karnataka High Court raps govt over failure to provide uniforms, says “God only knows....”
Meanwhile, the government’s advocate sought two weeks’ time to file a detailed affidavit showing the implementation of the order passed by the co-ordinate bench of the high court.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:48am -
- Nayandahalli lake in Bengaluru gets a new lease of life
The lake can hold a total capacity of 120 MLD of water and the STP will ensure the maximum quantity is supplied here.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:45am -
- Poll-ready: EVM, VVPAT warehouse opens in Bengaluru
EVMs have already arrived for the upcoming general elections and have been stored in the warehouse.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:33am -
- Ten Bengaluru-based teenagers help underprivileged kids to get tech-aware
They also adopted the Ramagondanahalli Government School in Whitefield.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:29am -
- ‘Focus on NEP to impact govt schools’: Science Society
Further, they stated the allocation towards science in the Budget is less than ideal, as it doesn’t allow India to compete with other countries.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:26am -
- Pay traffic fines with 50 per cent discount before Feb 11
He added that the discount will apply to all types of traffic violations.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:24am -
- 30 prepaid auto stands to come up across Bengaluru
Locations identified near Metro stations for last-mile connectivity
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 6:20am -
- BDA grievance redressal meet cancelled, public meet Commissioner directly
As the open-door meet did not happen as scheduled, a stream of visitors queued up outside BDA Commissioner Kumar G Naik's office to submit their written grievances.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 4:51pm -
- Shuttle bus delay at Bengaluru airport leaves passengers fuming inside Akasa Air flight
Passengers of Akasa Air's flight no. QP 1306 finally got out of the plane at 10.10 pm instead of their scheduled time of 8.50 pm.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 4:13pm -
- Concrete mixer topples on car, kills woman, daughter in Bengaluru
The Bannerghatta police limits in Bengaluru rural police limits have registered a case.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:36am -
- Delay in filing case: Karnataka High Court orders inquiry against cop
The petitioner had moved the magistrate’s court by filing a private complaint seeking directions to register his complaint.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:34am -
- Missing youth found dead in Bengaluru, girl’s uncle among four held
The murder was committed at a shed owned by Bharath in Bydarahalli on Monday evening.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:33am -
- Child rape-murder: Police nab paramour of girl’s mother
He allegedly killed the girl by hitting her on the head with a blunt weapon.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:30am -
- ‘Need clarity on funding of infrastructure projects in smaller cities’: Experts
Balakrishna, however, lauded the Budget, saying it is advantage for agriculture, pharma, and infrastructure.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:27am -
- Union Budget: Rs 1,350 crore for Bengaluru Suburban Rail Project
Not a rupee released by Centre from similar sum promised last yr
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:23am -
- Budget: BBMP official hails municipal bonds, expert has doubts
Experts opined that since the municipal bodies have their assets, they can pledge and issue bonds, and charge interest.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:21am -
- Budget: Academia, industry applaud push for AI
International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (IIITB) Director Prof Debabrata Das told TNIE this was a timely and good move.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:17am -
- Budget: Check out 'Millennium Mams' reactions
This study group assembled on Budget Day and discussed its financial implications
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:14am -
- After budget reaction
The new income tax slab, the spotlight on the tourism sector and the shunning of the F & B industry...Bengalureans remark on the Budget
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 10:10am -
- Tackling the late effects of cancer
The number of cancer survivors has increased tremendously over the past three decades with improvements in healthcare to detect and provide therapeutic treatment
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 9:58am -
- 'Thermal And A Quarter' band: Rocking Hard
In a space where it is common for indie groups to disband, pursue solo careers, or just quit music, Thermal And A Quarter (TAAQ) can be stamped as a rock-solid band.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:38am -
- Bengaluru: Talk show of the town 'Masti Masala'
Actor Mahesh Gowda is out with a celebrity talk show Masti Masala, which features actors like Asha Bhat and Kushee Ravi
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:36am -
- Budget 2023: Health experts want better infrastructure, medical education facilities
The reduction in patient cost will be directly proportional to the reduction in equipment cost, he added.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:32am -
- Home guard extorts money from couple for sitting in park in Bengaluru, arrested
Arsha, who works with an MNC in Delhi, was on a visit to Bengaluru to meet her friend, a software engineer in the city.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:28am -
- Rs 48 lakh pending bills: Bescom serves notice to KC General Hospital
On an average, the monthly bill of the hospital comes to around Rs 7-8 lakh a month.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:26am -
- Sankey flyover plan has many loopholes, says Mobility expert
IISc professor alleges public being fooled; BBMP replies it’s open to feedback
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:24am -
- BMTC’s app launch delayed, hunt on for new name
In 2016, the transport corporation came up with its first app.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:20am -
- ‘Highlight unfair practices in education sector in budget session’: Association
The association also suggested for the New Education Policy (NEP) being implemented in the state to be handled by a special National Education Section.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:17am -
- ‘See if Hopcoms building is within Cubbon Park or not’: Karnataka High Court
In order to know the factual situation and to seek a fact-finding report, the court ordered the survey.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:15am -
- Adhere to traffic rules: M A Saleem’s mantra to students in Bengaluru
The event was held on Tuesday morning at the Bangalore Traffic Park beside Bowring Institute, and was attended by 50 students and 50 traffic policemen.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:07am -
- BBMP dozers are back to remove SWD encroachments in Bengaluru
As per the BBMP, encroachments were found in 289 survey numbers in Mahadevpur Zone, out of which encroachments at 81 survey numbers have been cleared so far.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:04am -
- Resurgence: In memory of late Kannada playwright Girish Karnad
As the stage production of late playwright Girish Karnad’s Crossing to Talikota returns to Bengaluru, director Arjun Sajnani chats about his take on Karnad’s novel and the funding it received.
- 3 days ago 1 Feb 23, 8:02am -
- Looking for novel Orlandos
Ahead of their show in Bengaluru on Feb 2 and 3, Julie Beauvais speaks about ‘Orlandos’ of today, inspirations from Virginia Woolf’s novel and how the show reinvents itself every time
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 2:33pm -
- New beginnings
Cricketer Mayank Agarwal speaks to CE about his career, new phase of parenthood, and his relationship with his father-in-law, top cop Praveen Sood.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 2:32pm -
- BMTC driver wants MD suspended
The driver, M K Thyagaraju, in his letter to the Governor alleged that she has not taken any action against irregularities in the corporation.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 2:27pm -
- Beyonce and Orchestral Girl Power
With Beyonce performing again being a global highlight discussed the world over, there is one important aspect that has been mentioned in passing but needs to be highlighted more.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 2:24pm -
- Playing the bad cop
The dark has once again begun to hold terror for Bengaluru city, not from vagrants and muggers but from an organised gang.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 2:07pm -
- ‘BBMP didn’t check feasibility for Sankey plan’
Residents fear road-widening project will impact heritage buildings, trees, and precious ecology
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 1:24pm -
- Cat goes missing at Bengaluru airport enroute to US, family keeps hopes alive
With no clue yet on its whereabouts, they have been desperately reaching out to airport authorities, hoping to hear some news about their tomcat Orange, who is just over a year old.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 11:58am -
- Boeing to open its second largest campus near Devanahalli
Boeing’s India operations include field service offices in Mumbai, Hindan, Rajali and New Delhi.
- 4 days ago 31 Jan 23, 11:41am -
- DCET schedule for second, final rounds out
According to the timetable, the seat matrix and fee details will be published on Tuesday.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:55am -
- Tribal bond: From the hilly terrains, comes Soliga wasp
This new wasp belongs to the subfamily Metopiinae of Darwin wasps family Ichneumonidae, and the new discovery was published in the European Journal of Taxonomy.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:52am -
- Bank manager held for misuse of Rs 4.92 crore in Bengaluru
The cases have been registered by the SR Nagar police and Upparpet police.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:49am -
- Anganwadi workers unrelenting after a week of protest in Bengaluru
As the state government prepares to implement the National Education Policy (NEP) in anganwadis, workers will be completing a week of their protest on Monday in the city.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:46am -
- Six ex-corporators tick all boxes for MLA tickets in Bengaluru
Leaders organise cultural programmes and free bus services for devotees to attract voters
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:41am -
- Burst of flavours: Diverse gastronomic choices at restaurants in Bengaluru
The native cuisine uses products like jackfruit, bamboo shoots, wild honey, and Kachampuli vinegar along with locally-grown spices like black pepper and cardamom.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:38am -
- Saree story: Athiya's muhurat look dape in Kanjeevaram saree
Athiya Shetty, who got married to city-based cricketer KL Rahul recently, wore a Kanjeevaram saree from a Bengaluru boutique
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:35am -
- Budget 2023-24: Great expectations among entrepreneurs in Bengaluru
Ahead of the upcoming Union Budget on Feb 1, entrepreneurs in the city share their expectations with Tunir Biswas
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:27am -
- Malleswaram bomb blast accused assaulted by co-accused inside jail in Bengaluru
The prison authorities filed a case of assault against the five UTPs at the Parappana Agrahara police station on January 25, said prison officials.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 9:00am -
- BV Doshi: The architect, the artist
With the passing of Dr BV Doshi recently, India has lost a visionary in the world of architecture. Artist Jitha Karthikeyan remembers him through his works
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:56am -
- Oppositions using floods to tarnish city’s image: Karnataka CM
“When there is heavy rain, cities like Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai are flooded. The situation is the same in London and parts of the US.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:53am -
- No decision after slew of letters, students fret over NEET PG exam in Bengaluru
Several students and doctors have raised concerns over internship dates.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:50am -
- Taraaka Ratna still critical at Narayana Hrudayalaya in Bengaluru
Actor-Politician Nandamuri Taraaka Ratna, who is being treated at the Narayana Hrudayalaya after suffering a cardiac arrest, remains in a critical state.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:45am -
- Kanva scam likely to be handed over to CBI
Organisation representing victims meets minister, reiterates request to move probe from the CID
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:41am -
- Bad shape forces 340 ambulances out of service in Bengaluru
Dr R Narayan, Deputy Director (EMRI-108), said the ambulances were last replaced in 2015-16, and were almost seven-years-old.
- 5 days ago 30 Jan 23, 8:39am -
- With not many takers for shot, Karnataka unlikely to procure nasal vaccine
Health Department will watch the vaccine’s effectiveness, then take a call, says official
- 6 days ago 29 Jan 23, 1:39pm -
- 4.3 lakh doses of Covid vaccines in Karnataka to expire soon
A report released by the Health Department says that 1.1 lakh of Covaxin and 3.2 lakh of Covishield are set to expire within two weeks.
- 6 days ago 29 Jan 23, 1:11pm -
- Bengaluru: Parents protest against second Orchids school for fake CBSE affiliation
While the education department is yet to investigate the matter, Deputy Director of Public Instruction Bylanjanappa said the issue is not uncommon.
- 6 days ago 29 Jan 23, 8:42am -
- What’s your chai-ce of tea?
Pallavi Nigam Sahay’s A Sip in Time is ideal for those laidback moments when tea and tea-time treats offer the perfect respite from a tiring day
- 7 days ago 28 Jan 23, 8:30am -
- A ‘kick-start’ to a new year!
The sol, sun or whatever else you may deem to call it is of a feminine gender! Even though the weather has been kind, tempers have been frayed. No place is a safe place.
- 7 days ago 28 Jan 23, 8:28am -
Tea can add intricacy and depth to your cocktails with a range of flavour options from fruity to herbal. It is perfect to balance out sweeter flavours or pair with herbal liquors.
- 7 days ago 28 Jan 23, 8:01am -
- Australian Open 2023: A grand goodbye to Sania Mirza
Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna’s mixed doubles partnership at the Australian Open 2023 has been a spectacle.
- 7 days ago 28 Jan 23, 8:00am -