- newSamsung Galaxy S23 Series First Impressions: More Features, More Money?
Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra are Samsung’s latest additions to the company’s flagship S series of smartphones. These handsets run on the latest version of Android and come with a custom version of Qualcomm’s best smartphone chipset, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform for Galaxy. Are the upgrades on the Galaxy S23 series worth the increase in pricing?
- 13 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 7:10pm -
- newOppo Enco Air 3 With Up to 25 Hours Battery Life Launched in India: All Details
Oppo has launched the Oppo Enco Air 3 series earbuds today on February 3, alongside Oppo Reno 8T 5G. The device has arrived as the successor to the Enco Air 2 that was launched last year. With 25 hours of battery life, Oppo Enco Air 3 comes with a transparent charging case.
- 13 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 7:03pm -
- newVivo Y100 Officially Teased to Come With Colour-Changing Rear Panel: See Here
The Vivo Y100 is anticipated to launch in India in February. The hardware specifications and key features of the phone were previously leaked in a report. Rumours have it that the smartphone will have a MediaTek Dimensity SoC and operate on Android 13. Vivo, in its latest tweet, has confirmed the smartphone to carry colour-changing real panel.
- 14 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 6:19pm -
- newForspoken Review: Missing the Magic
Forspoken often presents incredibly fun escapades, through its flashy combat and frenetic traversal. It is also, at many points, as far removed from the concept of fun as a dental exam. Forspoken’s open world is a playground when you’re whizzing through it on magic NOS, but, when you stop and take stock, it resembles a classroom.
- 14 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 6:13pm -
- newIMF Teams up with India to Formulate Global Level Crypto Laws Under G20 Framework
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is helping India formulate the rules around cryptocurrencies, that would be relevant and useable by many nations at a time. The IMF is working on a consultation paper that would list the base for potential crypto laws.
- 14 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 6:13pm -
- newElon Musk’s Fate on Tweet Concerning Tesla’s Inflated Share Price to Be Revealed Today
Tesla shareholders’ lawyer is expected to make closing arguments to a San Francisco jury on Friday in a case claiming Elon Musk falsely tweeted about securing funding to take his electric car company private. A jury of nine will decide whether the tweet artificially inflated Tesla's share price by playing up the status of funding for the deal.
- 14 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 6:01pm -
- newBSNL Expected to Achieve Net Profit in FY2026-27: MoS Devusinh Chauhan
BSNL is expected to generate net profit in fiscal year 2026-27, with the implementation of the approved revival measures, MoS for Communications Devusinh Chauhan said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha on Friday. Losses of BSNL were pegged at Rs. 3,589 crore in April-September 2022-23 as it clocked an income of Rs. 9,366 crore and incurred total expenditure of Rs. 12,956 crore.
- 14 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 5:48pm -
- newIndia Could See Increase in Manufacturing of iPhones, Other Premium Phones After Tax Cuts on Imported Parts
After the government eliminated import tariffs on parts used to assemble high-end phones, India could now manufacture more premium smartphones, a tax official said. Indian mobile phone exports nearly doubled year-on-year to $5 billion between April-October in 2022, primarily supported by the government's key scheme to offer incentives to local manufacturers.
- 15 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 5:38pm -
- newAndroid 14 May Allow Some Phones to Be Used As Webcams: Report
Since Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, Google has supported external USB cameras on its mobile operating system, Android. Third-party apps have also enabled users to connect their device to a computer and use it as a webcam, but Google appears to be taking this a step further by incorporating this feature as an inbuilt part of Android, which may arrive with Android 14.
- 15 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 5:11pm -
- newFTX’s Sam Bankman-Fried in Talks With US Prosecutors to Resolve Dispute Over Strict Bail Conditions
Former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried is in talks with US prosecutors to resolve a dispute over strict bail conditions that prevent him from contacting employees of FTX and Alameda Research hedge fund. Bankman-Fried has pleaded not guilty in the ongoing trial and is under house arrest at his parents' California home.
- 15 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:59pm -
- newAirtel Rolls Out 5G in Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur; Service Now Live in 4 Cities in Kerala
Bharti Airtel on Friday launched its 5G services in three new cities in Kerala, bringing the high-speed network to Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram and Thrissur. The company mentioned in a statement that its 5G services are already live in Kochi.
- 15 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:44pm -
- newOnePlus 11 5G Confirmed to Get 4 Years of Android, 5 Years of Security Updates
OnePlus CEO Pete Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus 11 5G will be the company’s first smartphone to support 4 years of Android versions and 5 years of security updates.
- 15 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:40pm -
- newDizo Watch D2 With 120 Fitness Modes, Hybrid Aluminium Frame Launched in India: All Details
Dizo Watch D2 has been launched in India priced at Rs. 1,999. The smartwatch sports a 1.91-inch display with 500 nits of peak brightness. It features noise cancellation for calling and over 150 watch faces along with more than 120 sports modes. It comes with features like heart rate monitoring along with SpO2 and sleep tracking.
- 16 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:31pm -
- newShah Rukh Khan Starrer Pathaan Nearing Rs. 700 Crore in Worldwide Box Office
Pathaan's box office performance continues to impress, with the film close to Rs. 700 crore in worldwide collections. The film, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, and John Abraham, has recorded Rs. 436 crore in gross collections in India, while overseas collections is close to Rs. 260 crore.
- 16 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:27pm -
- new88 NFTs Inspired by 1st Artwork to be Sent on Moon Slated For March Release
An artwork being prepared by a Dubai-based artist Sacha Jafri will soon be launched to the moon. A total of 88 NFTs based on this artwork will be listed for sale in March this year, proceeds collected from which will be donated to humanitarian charities.
- 16 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 4:15pm -
- newPS5 India Restock: PlayStation 5, God of War Ragnarök Bundle Pre-Orders to Go Live on February 7
PS5 is getting restocked in India on Tuesday, February 7. This time, Sony India is offering the base 4K Blu-ray drive-equipped PS5 and a God of War Ragnarök bundle. After the recent price hike, the standalone PS5 costs Rs. 54,990, while the bundle is priced at Rs. 59,390. Currently, there are no details on the digital PS5 units.
- 16 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 3:41pm -
- newOppo Reno8 T 5G First Impressions: A Worthy Refresh?
The Oppo Reno8 T 5G sports a 6.7-inch curved-edge AMOLED display and will be available for purchase starting February 10. Here’s our first impressions of the phone.
- 17 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 3:08pm -
- newXiaomi India, Leica Announce Long-term Partnership Focused on Mobile Imaging
Leica Camera and Xiaomi India have announced a long-term strategic partnership focused on mobile imaging. The partnership promises to "provide consumers with the best elements of the" two global brands. The Xiaomi 12S Ultra, the first smartphone co-engineered by the two companies, was released globally in July 2022. The companies will now work together on the Xiaomi 13 series.
- 17 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 3:00pm -
- newGoogle Chrome Working on Advanced Picture-in-Picture Feature for Video Conferencing, Custom Video Player
Google is reportedly working on a more advanced PiP for Chrome that will bring additional abilities and features for users. The new development has been spotted on the Chrome Developers website. The new Document in Picture-in-Picture will bring in more advanced tools than the existing one, including custom controls and inputs
- 17 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 2:56pm -
- newText-to-Audio Generation Is Here. One of the Next Big AI Disruptions Could Be in the Music Industry
Artificial Intelligence has seen an explosion in applications in recent times and a new generation of image and text generators is delivering impressive results. The music industry could be the next big avenue for the AI revolution. With the music industry still adjusting to disruptions caused by the internet and streaming services, there’s a lot of interest in how AI might change the way we create and experience music.
- 18 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:57pm -
- newRealme GT Neo 5 Design Revealed in Leaked Video Ahead of Launch on February 9: All Details
Realme GT Neo 5, the successor to the Realme GT Neo 3, is set to launch on February 9. Previously, the company revealed key specifications of the handset, including a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and 240W fast charging support. Now, a promotional video shows design elements that the company previously revealed, such as the rear panel in a purple colour variant with a matte finish.
- 18 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:40pm -
- newAustralia To Bring New Crypto Plan to Protect its Investors From Financial Risk
Australia, to protect its crypto community against financial risks, has decided to regulate token mapping, increase legal oversight on crypto transactions, and focus on the protection of crypto holders in the country. Australian Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Assistant Treasurer Stephen Jones issued a joint statement on Friday, February 3, explaining the objective of this three-staged plan.
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:30pm -
- newOPPO Reno8 T 5G: #AStepAbove Towards a Premium Experience and Stylish Comfort
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:30pm -
- newAlphabet, Meta Earnings Decline Suggests Uncertain 2023 for Digital Ads Industry, Big Tech
Alphabet, Meta, and Snaps saw a decline in fourth-quarter results this week, suggesting a tough road ahead of digital ads business and big tech. Lower ad spending from brands in the financial services and technology sector was one reason for the revenue decline, Meta said.
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:21pm -
- newSamsung Galaxy S23 Series Said to Feature Increased Heat Dissipation Area
A reliable tipster has revealed that the Galaxy S23 series features a larger heat dissipation area than the Galaxy S22 lineup. These new smartphones are powered by an overclocked version of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. Samsung Galaxy S23 series, including the base Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, and Galaxy S23 Ultra, was launched on Wednesday.
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 1:13pm -
- newStar Wars: Visions Season 2 Releases May 4 on Disney+, Disney+ Hotstar
Star Wars: Visions season 2 is set to release May 4 on Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar. Billed as ‘Volume 2,’ the series will feature nine animated shorts, that explore new stories within the Star Wars universe. While season 1 featured a Japanese anime-inspired art style, the upcoming chapter is taking a global approach, with nine different studios from around the world pitching in with their perspectives.
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 12:40pm -
- newOppo Reno 8T 5G With 108-Megapixel Camera, Snapdragon 695 5G SoC Launched in India: Price, Specifications
Oppo Reno 8T 5G has been launched in India. It features a 108-megapixel main camera and is powered by a Snapdragon 695 5G SoC. It will go on sale in the country from February 10 at a launch price of Rs. 29,999. This mid-ranger from Oppo features a 6.7-inch micro-curved AMOLED screen that boasts a 120Hz refresh rate and Dragontrail-Star2 protection.
- 19 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 12:40pm -
- newIndia, US, Australia, Japan to Use Machine Learning in Bid to Enhance Quad Members’ National Cyber Capabilities
Australia, India, Japan and the United States, which form members of the Quad group of nations, has agreed to leverage machine learning and related advanced technologies to enhance cyber security, the White House has said. During the meet, the group reaffirmed their commitment to advance a free and open Indo-Pacific that is inclusive and resilient, it said.
- 20 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 12:29pm -
- newAmazon Halts Fresh Stores Expansion; Firm Still Grasping for Success With Supermarkets, CEO Andy Jassy Says
Amazon has halted plans to expand its Fresh supermarkets and cashier-less convenience stores as the company is still grasping for success with supermarkets, CEO Andy Jassy said a in a rare appearance on the company's quarterly results call. Jassy said the firm needs a distinctive store format that's doing well financially before embarking on a major expansion.
- 20 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 12:27pm -
- newMoto E13 India Launch Date Set for February 8, Specifications Teased Ahead of Debut
Moto E13 is all set to arrive in India next week. Motorola has officially announced to launch the budget smartphone on February 8, 2023. The Moto E13 launch page has been made live on the e-commerce portal Flipkart teasing its design and some of its key features. The phone will be powered by Unisoc T606 SoC and a 5,000 mAh battery
- 20 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 12:18pm -
- newBudget 2023: Extend Camera Lens Duty Concession to Other Electronic Segments ELCINA Says
Electronic components industry body ELCINA on Thursday asked the government to extend the duty concession on camera lenses and their components to all other electronic product segments that use camera modules. The government has also reduced customs duty on parts of open cells of TV panels from 5 percent to 2.5 percent.
- 20 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:46am -
- newTecno Phantom V Fold Live Images Leaked, Tipped to Launch on February 28: Report
Alleged live images of the Tecno Phantom V Fold have been leaked. Furthermore, a reliable tipster claims that this foldable smartphone could be launched globally on February 28. It is expected to also debut in India soon.
- 20 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:40am -
- newOnePlus 11 5G Price in India Tipped Again, Could Go on Sale Starting February 14
OnePlus 11 5G was launched in China earlier this month with a 6.7-inch QHD+ 120Hz Samsung LTPO 3.0 AMOLED display and 100W SuperVOOC fast charging support. The phone is scheduled to launch in India and globally on February 7, and according to a new leak, it is likely to go on sale in India on February 14. The tipster also suggests that the handset's 16GB + 256GB variant could be priced at Rs. 61,999.
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:26am -
- new'That’s the Reason Why We’re Investing There,’ Apple CEO Tim Cook Reveals ‘Bullish’ India Approach
Apple CEO Tim Cook, in an earnings call, said he was “very bullish on India” and called the country a “major focus” for the tech giant. Apple on Thursday reported revenue of $117.2 billion for the December quarter. The $117.2 billion revenue was down 5 per cent year-over-year, from nearly $124 billion in December 2021 “as a result of a challenging environment.”
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:11am -
- newColin Farrell’s The Penguin Spin-Off Series Will Be Eight Episodes Long
Colin Farrell has revealed that The Penguin spin-off series will be eight episodes long. In an interview, the Oscar-nominated actor revealed that the show is set about a week after the events of The Batman film, and will eventually tie into The Batman: Part II. Cristin Milioti (Palm Springs) is attached to star alongside as Sophia Falcone, while Mare of Easttown's Craig Zobel will direct.
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 11:01am -
- newBTC, ETH Maintain Risen Values Despite Minor Losses, Stablecoins Record Profits
The overall crypto market valuation stooped by 1.22 percent in the last 24 hours. A big bunch of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ether, Polygon, Solana, ad Litecoin recorded losses on Friday, February 3. Stablecoins such as Tether and USD Coin did manage to retain small but significant profits.
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 10:55am -
- newGoogle Parent Alphabet Posts Lower Q4 Profit Amid Increased Competition, Decline in Ad Spending
Alphabet on Thursday posted disappointing fourth-quarter profit and sales, short of estimates by Wall Street. The Google parent firm has seen advertising clients hold back on spending amid a slowing economy and concerns over consumer spending, while competition from rivals has seen an increase.
- 21 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 10:44am -
- newApple Posts First Quarterly Revenue Drop Since 2016 Amid Weak iPhone Sales During Holiday Season
Apple posted its first quarterly drop in revenue since 2016, after weak iPhone sales during the recent holiday season caused by pandemic-related restrictions on its factories in China. Unlike its peers in technology, Apple hasn’t signaled any intention to resort to mass layoffs, despite the quarterly downturn.
- 22 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 10:14am -
- newOnePlus 11R Design Leaked Ahead of February 7 India Launch: Report
OnePlus has confirmed that the OnePlus 11R smartphone will be launched in India on February 7. According to some reports, the OnePlus 11R is the same model that is expected to launch in China as the OnePlus Ace 2. A design render of the model was recently leaked ahead of its launch.
- 23 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 9:29am -
- newFursat, an Apple Film Shot on iPhone 14 Pro, Released on YouTube: Details
Fursat, a short film shot on iPhone 14 Pro, is now available to watch on YouTube. Apple has shared the film, directed by Vishal Bhardwaj, on the video streaming platform on February 3. The film Fursat stars Ishaan Khatter and Wamiqa Gabbi in the lead roles.
- 23 hours ago 3 Feb 23, 9:02am -
- Samsung to Manufacture Flagship Galaxy S23 Smartphones in India for Local Market
Samsung on Thursday said it will manufacture premium Galaxy S23 smartphones in India to cater to the local market requirements. The launch price of the Galaxy S23 series in India is in the range of Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 1.55 lakh per piece. At present, Galaxy S Series smartphones are being manufactured at Samsung's Vietnam factory and the company imports them for sale in India.
- 1 day ago 3 Feb 23, 12:45am -
- India Among Top 3 Nations Contributing Active Users Growth for Facebook: Meta
India is among the top three nations contributing active users growth for Facebook as of December 31, 2022, social media major Meta said in a regulatory filing. The company has reported a 4 percent increase in worldwide daily active users (DAUs) to 2 billion on average during December 2022 from 1.93 billion during December 2021.
- 1 day ago 2 Feb 23, 11:57pm -
- Microsoft, Amazon, Other Tech Firms Cut Jobs at Second-Highest Pace on Record in US
Layoffs in the United States hit a more than two-year high in January as technology firms cut jobs at the second-highest pace on record to brace for a possible recession, a report showed on Thursday. The layoffs impacted 1,02,943 workers, a more than two-fold jump from December and an over five-times surge from a year earlier, according to the report from employment firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas.
- 1 day ago 2 Feb 23, 11:12pm -
- NHRC Chief Calls for Strict Laws for Unlawful Internet Behaviour, Cyber Crimes
National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) chairperson Justice (Retd) Arun Kumar Mishra on Thursday called for a stringent law to deal with "unlawful Internet behaviour and cyber crimes." He was speaking after the inauguration of the 25th All India Forensic Science Conference at the National Forensic Sciences University in Gandhinagar.
- 1 day ago 2 Feb 23, 10:42pm -
- Delhi Police Seized 348 Mobile Phones in Jails in Last 2.5 Months
More than 340 mobile phones have been found in different jails in Delhi in the last two-and-a-half months, official data showed on Thursday. Director General (Prisons) Sanjay Baniwal told reporters that the jail authorities found 348 mobile phones in two-and-a-half months.
- 1 day ago 2 Feb 23, 10:14pm -
- ChatGPT to Become Fastest-Growing App, Estimated to Have Gained 100 Million Monthly Active Users in January: Study
ChatGPT, the popular chatbot from OpenAI, is estimated to have reached 100 million monthly active users in January, just two months after launch, making it the fastest-growing consumer application in history, according to a UBS study on Wednesday.
- 1 day ago 2 Feb 23, 9:28pm -
- TRAI to Meet Jio, Airtel and Other Telcos on February 17 to Discuss Plan for Improvement in Services
Telecom regulator TRAI has called a meeting with telcos on February 17 to discuss measures and action plan for improving service quality, review of norms, benchmarks for 5G services, and unsolicited commercial communications. The meeting assumes significance as improvement in telecom service quality is bound to cheer mobile customers, irked by call drops and patchy networks. It also comes at a time when ultra high speed 5G services are rolling out across the country.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 8:00pm -
- Ransomware Attack on Data Firm ION Said to Take Days to Fix
A ransomware attack that hit ION Trading UK could take days to fix, leaving scores of brokers unable to process derivatives trades, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters. ION Group, the financial data firm's parent company, said in a statement on its website that the attack began on Tuesday.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 7:49pm -
- Reliance Retail to Accept Digital Rupee CBDC for Payments in Mumbai Amid India’s Silence on Crypto
Reliance Retail is set to accept India’s CBDC as a mode of payment in order to test its use-cases as well as drive its adoption. The development was confirmed by V Subramaniam, the Managing Director of Reliance Retail. Built on the distributed ledger system of blockchain, the CBDC is a digital representation of India’s fiat currency.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 7:46pm -
- OnePlus Ace 2 Confirmed to Launch on February 7; Specifications and Features Teased
OnePlus has finally announced the launch of its OnePlus Ace 2, the handset that is tipped to launch as OnePlus 11R outside China. The phone will be launched on February 7 in China. The company has confirmed the same on its China website alongside revealing the smartphone's display specifications and features.
- 2 days ago 2 Feb 23, 7:46pm -