- newFIFA WC: Ghana beat South Korea in a five-goal thriller
A five-goal thriller at Education City stadium saw Ghana keep their Round of 16 hopes alive after a stunning 3-2 win against South Korea in their second Group H match of the FIFA World Cup 2022 on Monday. Korea scored twice in three minutes to level the score 2-2 in the second half after trailing by two goals at the halftime break. But a second goal from Mohammed Kudus seven minutes later turned out to be a winner for the African side.
- 14 mins ago 28 Nov 22, 8:59pm -
- newFuel price cut hopes rise as oil sinks to lowest since Jan
Benchmark Brent crude fell to its lowest since January on Monday, brightening the scope for a reduction in fuel prices as protests in China over tough Covid restrictions and the impending G-7 price cap on Russian oil from December 5 clouded demand outlook. Brent slipped $2.6/barrel, or more than 3%, to $80.97. A lurking apprehension over another production cut by the Opec+ grouping of oil exporters, including Russia, contributed to the sharp fall.
- 27 mins ago 28 Nov 22, 8:46pm -
- newShraddha murder case: Police van carrying Aaftab attacked
A police van carrying Aaftab Poonawala, accused of killing his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar and cutting her body into multiple pieces, was attacked by unidentified people armed with swords and sticks outside the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) in Delhi's Rohini where he was taken for a polygraph test on Monday.
- 29 mins ago 28 Nov 22, 8:45pm -
- newWhy govt changed wide-body aircraft wet lease policy for airlines
- 1 hour ago 28 Nov 22, 7:53pm -
- newAmazon to shut some India businesses amid global cuts
Amazon will wind down parts of its India operations, showing that even the crucial growth market with 1.4 billion consumers isn’t immune to chief executive officer (CEO) Andy Jassy’s cost-reduction campaign. The company said it is exiting meal deliveries as well as a service providing bulk doorstep deliveries of packaged consumer goods to small businesses.
- 2 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 7:33pm -
- newPakistan Taliban end ceasefire, order nationwide attacks
- 3 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 6:43pm -
- newHow’s Charu Asopa sorting out her life with daughter
- 3 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 6:29pm -
- newMexican boxer Alvarez threatens Lionel Messi
Mexican boxer Canelo Alvarez on Monday threatened Argentina superstar Lionel Messi over his dressing room celebration after beating Mexico in the FIFA World Cup Group C match in Qatar.
- 3 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 6:23pm -
- newBlind Indian-American professor sued for gender discrimination
- 3 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 6:21pm -
- newUltraviolette F77 electric motorcycle’s price, variants
The Limited edition gets a single dual-tone paint job (Meteor Grey with Afterburner Yellow). The electric motor in this bike produces 40 bhp of power and 100 Nm of torque and is paired with a 10.3 kWh battery pack.
- 4 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 5:01pm -
- newTwo Indian students drown in US lake
- 5 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 3:57pm -
- newAshok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot: Rahul refuses to take sides
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Monday steered clear of taking sides in the ongoing power tussle in Rajasthan unit which threatens to cast a shadow on his Bharat Jodo Yatra. Chief minister Ashok Gehlot and his former deputy Sachin Pilot have been locked in an intense political battle to lead the party in the state and have traded open barbs at each other.
- 6 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 3:35pm -
- newWill Xi back down or use more force to crack down on protesters?
Barely a month after granting himself new powers as China’s potential leader for life, Xi Jinping is facing a wave of public anger of the kind not seen for decades, sparked by his draconian “zero Covid” program that will soon enter its fourth year. Demonstrators poured into the streets over the weekend in numerous cities including Shanghai and Beijing, chanting slogans and confronting police.
- 7 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 2:09pm -
- newFIFA WC Live: Ghana beat South Korea 3-2 in a thriller
Mohammed Kudus scored twice to help Ghana beat South Korea 3-2 in a World Cup Group H thriller at a rocking Education City Stadium on Monday, keeping the Black Stars in contention for a place in the last 16. Ghana, the lowest-ranked team in the tournament at 61st, joined Portugal at the top of the group standings on three points with Uruguay and South Korea on one. Portugal and Uruguay play later on Monday.
- 10 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 10:52am -
- newLive: China eases Covid rules after wide protests of lockdowns
The government made no comment on the protests or the criticism of Xi, but the decision to ease at least some of the restrictions appeared to be aimed at quelling anger. Still, analysts don't expect the government to back down on its COVID strategy and note authorities are adept at stifling dissent. Stay with TOI for the latest updates.
- 15 hours ago 28 Nov 22, 6:34am -