- newLive: At least 127 dead after violence at football match in Indonesia
Stay here for real-time updates on breaking news from India and across the world that you can't miss
- 29 mins ago 2 Oct 22, 5:48am -
- newActor Annu Kapoor conned of Rs 4.36 lakh in KYC fraud
- 52 mins ago 2 Oct 22, 5:25am -
- newLucknow Ramlila set to break 300-yr-old tradition on effigies
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 22, 5:13am -
- newCameroon to Comoros, Venezuela to Vietnam, how world honoured Bapu
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 22, 5:11am -
- newPakistan govt’s Twitter a/c withheld in India due to ‘legal demand’
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 22, 5:08am -
- newBetter than the best? NAAC’s grade discrepancies under lens
A deemed university in Bhubaneshwar has pipped to the post the distinguished Indian Institute of Science in terms of its NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) score. It now beats not just the venerable Bengaluru varsity but also every other institution in the country, having bagged the highest score of 3.88, the best ever awarded to a higher education institute.
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 4:34am -
- newDRI seizes 200+kg drugs in Mumbai
The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Mumbai, on Saturday seized 198 kg of 'high purity' crystal methamphetamine (ice) and 9 kg 'high purity' cocaine worth Rs 1,476 crore which had been smuggled by concealing the stuff among boxes of oranges.
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 4:27am -
- newPM fought back pressure on where to buy oil from: EAM
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi did not yield to the pressure amid the soaring oil prices and advised that India must do what is best for the nation and if pressure comes then face it head on.
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 4:09am -
- newGandhis have vowed to be neutral: Shashi Tharoor
The race for the next Congress president narrowed down to two candidates, Mallikarjun Kharge and Shashi Tharoor, on Saturday with Congress’s central election authority chief Madhusudan Mistry announcing that the nomination papers of the third candidate, KN Tripathi, had been rejected after being scrutinised. Kharge has resigned as the leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha as per the party’s ‘one per, one post’ principle.
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 4:04am -
- newAt Rs 1.47 lakh crore, GST revenue up 26% in Sept
The gross GST revenue collected in September totalled Rs 1.47 lakh crore, the seventh month in a row in which receipts have been more than Rs 1.4 lakh crore, data released by the finance ministry showed on Saturday. The September revenue was 26% higher than the GST receipts in the same month last year.
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 3:42am -
- newKanpur: 27 die, 22 injured as vehicle falls into pond
Five days after 10 people were killed when a tractor-trolley plunged into a pond on the outskirts of Lucknow, another one fell into a roadside pond in Kanpur on Saturday, killing 27 people travelling in the vehicle. According to police, one Raju Nishad had gone for the ‘mundan’ ceremony of his one-year-old son on Saturday with his family and about 50 people from the village to the popular Chandrika Devi shrine at Buxar Ghat. They were returning when the accident happened.
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 3:32am -
- newNo PUC, no fuel at pumps in city from Oct 25: Delhi govt
Vehicle owners in the city will have to produce a valid pollution under control (PUC) certificate to get fuel at filling stations in the city from October 25. Announcing this on Saturday, Delhi environment minister Gopal Rai said the transport department has been asked to issue a notification making a valid PUC certificate mandatory to get fuel at all pumps from that date.
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 3:25am -
- newIndia abstains from UNSC vote condemning Russia
While remaining "deeply disturbed" by the situation in Ukraine, India Friday joined China, Brazil and Gabon in abstaining from voting on a UNSC resolution which condemned "illegal" referendums held by Russia to annex 4 regions of Ukraine, and called upon Moscow to unconditionally withdraw troops from the country.
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 2:52am -
- newIndia rings in new era, enters select 5G club
India on Saturday took a mega generational leap in mobile telephony as the ball was set rolling for the launch of 5G network with Prime Minister Narendra Modi – who inaugurated the services – promising a leg-up in economic activities and citizen empowerment through the high-speed network that boasts of minimum speeds of at least 100 Mbps.
- 4 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 2:36am -
- newAuto sales on fast track, hit record monthly high in Sept
Buoyed by the continued surge in personal mobility and the rush for new cars and SUVs, the car industry recorded its highest-ever wholesales deliveries in a month, indicating the strong consumer sentiment for new purchases despite rising interest rates and inflationary pressures.
- 5 hours ago 2 Oct 22, 1:03am -
- newFor 6th year in a row, Indore bags India’s cleanest city tag
Indore emerged as the cleanest city of India for the 6th time in a row while Surat has scored a hat-trick as the second cleanest city since 2020. Navi Mumbai is the third cleanest city while NDMC, which houses the county's most powerful people, has slipped to 9th position in 2022 from being the fifth cleanest city last year and 8th in 2020.
- 13 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 4:57pm -
- Covid live: Free booster window closes, <20% of eligible took 3rd shot
India saw a single day rise of 3,805 new coronavirus infections, taking India's tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,45,91,112, while the active cases declined to 38,293, according to the Union Health Ministry data updated on Saturday. Stay with TOI for latest updates --
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 12:12am -
- Live: Russia withdraws troops after Ukraine encircles key city
Ukrainian forces on Saturday entered the eastern stronghold of Lyman after encircling thousands of Russian troops, Kyiv said. The capture of Lyman would be a major setback for Moscow after President Vladimir Putin proclaimed the annexation of the Donetsk region, along with three other regions, at a ceremony on Friday that was condemned by Kyiv and the West as a farce. Stay with TOI for live updates --
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 12:07am -