- newF1 2023: Verstappen takes action-packed Australian GP victory
It was Max Verstappen who ended up cruising to a victory in an action-filled race with two Safety Car periods and three red flags.
- 1 hour ago 2 Apr 23, 1:34pm -
- newSalim Durani: Big-hearted Afghan who played for love of game
Sunil Gavaskar had once written that if ever Salim Durani wrote his autobiography, the apt title would be, 'Ask for a Six'.
- 2 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 1:09pm -
- newDrashti Dhami at late Pradeep Sarkar’s prayer meet
Actress Drashti Dhami was spotted at late filmmaker Pradeep Sarkar’s prayer meet being held today (April 2). The filmmaker passed away on March 24.
- 2 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 12:26pm -
- newRahul likely to move court against conviction on Monday
- 4 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 11:22am -
- newRam Navami violence in Bihar: 77 people arrested
Home minister Amit Shah is on a two-day visit to the state of Bihar after six people were injured in clashes between two groups during the Ram Navami celebrations. The clashes were reported on March 31 in Nalanda's Biharsharif and Sasaram in Rohtas district where Shah was scheduled to visit on Sunday. Security has been beefed up following re-eruption of clashes in the region.
- 4 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 11:01am -
- newShekhar Kapur on Aamir khan being his assistant - Interview
Shekhar Kapur recalls memories of working with Satish Kaushik. He talks about Aamir Khan wanting to be his assistant but getting rejected by Kaushik after he showed up in a car, wearing shorts. Kapur also recalls the passion behind making Paani with Sushant Singh Rajput and his indelible association with Shabana Azmi.
- 4 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 11:00am -
- newIPL: Gujarat Titans' Williamson ruled out after knee injury
Following their win in the opening game of IPL 2023 on Friday, defending champions Gujarat Titans suffered a blow on Sunday when one of their key batters Kane Williamson was ruled out of the rest of the season following a knee injury he suffered in the match against the Chennai Super Kings.
- 4 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 10:36am -
- newIndian cricket great Salim Durani dies at 88
Former India cricketer Salim Durani, who played a key role in beating England in the Test series in 1961-62, died on Sunday at the age of 88. Durani, who packed a punch with his bat and was also a handy left-arm orthodox bowler, played 29 Tests.
- 5 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 10:01am -
- newIPL: MI's road to redemption begins against RCB
Less than 10 days ago, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma were busy strategising against Australia. On Sunday, the two Indian batting icons will come up against each other as Royal Challengers Bangalore begin their IPL campaign at home against Mumbai Indians.
- 5 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 9:45am -
- newFarmer shoves rock into tiger's mouth, & lives to tell about it
A young farmer fought off a tiger attack by shoving a rock into its open mouth with all his might after it had clawed his face and was going for the jugular. He suffered serious injuries and is in hospital. The incident happened in Bichua Range of MP's Chhindwara, around 300km from Bhopal.
- 6 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 9:09am -
- newIsro reusable launch vehicle’s landing experiment successful
The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) early on Sunday successfully conducted the reusable launch vehicle (RLV) autonomous landing mission or RLV-LEX at the Aeronautical Test Range (ATR) in Challakere, Chitradurga, some 220km from Bengaluru. The space agency used a scaled down version of the RLV technology demonstrator (RLV—TD).
- 6 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 8:56am -
- newKarnataka: Rebellion threat looms as Cong to release 2nd list
The Congress is fearing a rebellion in several assembly seats even as it is gearing up to announce the second list of candidates for the May 10 elections. Signs to this effect are already emerging, with the supporters of ticket aspirants staging protests and indulging in fights in many parts of the state.
- 7 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 8:16am -
- newWhy humans, jumbos are at war in Bengal’s border areas
- 7 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 7:47am -
- newKarnataka focus: PM Narendra Modi set for 20 pre-poll rallies
With Prime Minister Narendra Modi as BJP's chief campaigner for the Karnataka assembly elections, the state party unit plans at least 20-odd rallies to be addressed by him, according to party managers working on the schedule.
- 8 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:39am -
- newCriminal wanted in murder of Suresh Raina's kin killed in encounter
A wanted criminal from Rajasthan, accused in the murder of cricketer Suresh Raina's relatives in Punjab in 2020, was killed in an encounter with UP police in Shahpur village of Muzaffarnagar district on Saturday.
- 8 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:30am -
- new27 acquitted for want of evidence in 8 Gujarat riot cases
A sessions court in Halol in Panchmahal district acquitted 27 persons in connection with 2002 post-Godhra riots cases. Twelve of the 39 accused had died during the trial of the case. The court acquitted the accused for want of evidence.
- 9 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 5:45am -
- newTwins marry and deliver male babies at same hospital
A tale of two twins from Warangal just got more interesting. Their weddings were performed on the same day at the same venue. A year later, the two women gave birth to male babies on the same day and at the same hospital.
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 5:08am -
- newBJP MLA Virupakshappa joins son in prison in B'luru
Bharatiya Janata Party MLA (Channagiri constituency) Madal Virupakshappa, who was arrested by Lokayukta sleuths earlier this week in connection with a bribery case, was on Saturday remanded in judicial custody for nine days by a city court.
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:55am -
- newK'taka clears weeds in bid to reclaim 'Tiger Capital' tag
Amid the buzz on Karnataka set to reclaim the Tiger Capital status, the countdown for the release of the latest big cat population numbers has begun. The release will coincide with the commemoration of 50 years of Project Tiger.
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:51am -
- newNow, database of 70 crore individuals up for sale
he 16cr data-heist bust in Noida eight days ago was just the tip of an iceberg with Cyberabad police on Saturday cracking down on another cartel, which had put up 70cr confidential data of individuals for sale on cloud. This time, the gang was operating from Faridabad.
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:38am -
- newWhatsApp banned record 45 lakh 'bad accounts' in Feb
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:30am -
- newDelhi sets excise record with Rs 6,821 crore revenue
The Delhi government's excise department has made a record revenue collection of Rs 6,821 crore by selling more than 62 crore liquor bottles in financial year 2022-23.
- 11 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:23am -
- newBhutan king on 3-day India visit from tomorrow
Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck will travel to India from April 3 to 5 at the invitation of President Droupadi Murmu, the government announced on Saturday. The king, who will be accompanied by Bhutan's foreign minister and other senior officials, will hold meetings with Murmu and also PM Narendra Modi.
- 11 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:19am -
- new'US wants to ensure concrete outcomes in areas that India wants to deliver'
- 11 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:11am -
- newPawar praises Savarkar, says he had a 'scientific outlook'
NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday said Vinayak 'Veer' Savarkar had a "scientific outlook and was a progressive" and added the political controversy over Rahul Gandhi's comments on Savarkar was distracting people from other serious issues. Pawar added that in the past, he too had made certain comments about Savarakar, but they were specifically about the Hindu Mahasabha, of which Savarkar was a leader.
- 11 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 3:47am -
- newCar, SUV sales up 27%, volumes hit highest ever in domestic market
As personal mobility made a comeback post the Covid shocks, Indians bought cars, and that too in record numbers. In perhaps the first year where worries around Covid were the least and supplies of the critical semi-conductor chips started to get better, car and SUV sales grew the fastest in over a decade - at 27% - while overall volumes hit the highest-ever in the domestic market.
- 11 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 3:39am -
- newAbove-normal temperatures likely in April-June: IMD
Most parts of northwest India, including Delhi-NCR, may not see a heatwave in April, mainly till the middle of the month, but the situation in east, central India and western parts of (coastal areas) Gujarat and Maharashtra will be difficult as these regions will face "above normal" temperatures and more number of heatwave days this month, said the India Meteorological Department on Saturday in its monthly outlook for the summer season.
- 12 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 3:18am -
- newRajasthan govt axes additional AG, to contest blast acquittals
- 12 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 3:00am -
- newGST collections increase 13% to Rs 1.6 lakh crore in March
- 12 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 2:49am -
- newGovt cautions on antibiotics use as Covid cases rise
Amid a spike in cases across the country, the health ministry has shared an updated guideline on Covid-management which says that antibiotics should not be used unless there is 'clinical suspicion' of bacterial infection. The guideline advises physicians should explore possibility of co-infection of Covid with other endemic infections and to avoid using steroids in mild disease incidence.
- 12 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 2:35am -
- newBe ready to face new threats: PM Modi to armed forces
The armed forces should "stay ready to deal with new and emerging threats", said PM Modi on Saturday, after reviewing the security situation along with the unresolved borders of China and Pakistan. Modi, while addressing the Combined Commanders' Conference (CCC) in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, stressed that the government is taking "all steps to equip the armed forces with necessary weapons and technologies" to tackle any challenge.
- 13 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 2:21am -
- newSidhu walks out of jail, says 'democracy caught in fetters'
- 13 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 2:12am -
- newG20 members have agreed on 99% of issues, says India
India on Saturday said it has the backing of G20 members to push ahead with the issues flagged during its presidency and is hopeful of differences over the Ukraine-Russia conflict being resolved in time for the leaders' summit in Delhi in September. "We have had very constructive and positive discussions. We have already got 99%. The other 1% is not in India's hands, someone else has created that," India's sherpa Amitabh Kant.
- 13 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 1:58am -
- newFor viral content, vloggers lure kids, stage abductions
- 13 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 1:44am -
- newIPL: Five star Wood fires LSG to crushing win over DC
Speedster Mark Wood bagged his first-ever Indian Premier League fifer as Lucknow Super Giants cruised to a comprehensive victory over Delhi Capitals in Match 3 at the Ekana Cricket Stadium. Playing only his second IPL match and first for the Lucknow franchise, Wood wreaked havoc with his opening burst to rock Delhi Capitals in a steep chase of 194. Wood's three wickets in his first two overs completely rattled Delhi as they never recovered from there, finishing at 143 for 9 to lose the game by 5…
- 15 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 11:54pm -
- newUkraine says Russia UN presidency a 'slap in the face'
Ukraine on Saturday branded Russia's presidency of the UN Security Council for the month of April "a slap in the face", joining a chorus of outrage from Western countries.
- 17 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 10:06pm -
- newGautam Adani pulls back on grand ambitions after Hindenburg bombshell
Hindenburg Research's allegations of corporate fraud at the Adani group have led to a $125bn drop in market value for the Indian conglomerate. Now, group founder Gautam Adani's focus will target preventative measures aimed at building resilience to further market-related incidents, while avoiding funding via high-risk financing methods.
- 17 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 9:57pm -
- newIPL 2023: Punjab Kings beat KKR via DLS method
Punjab Kings' costliest recruit Sam Curran removed the well-settled and dangerous Andre Russell at the nick of time to ensure a seven-run victory over Nitish Rana's Kolkata Knight Riders via Duckworth-Lewis method in a rain-hit afternoon encounter of Indian Premier League on Saturday.
- 18 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 8:29pm -
- newSome hell-bent on denting my image, have given 'supari': PM
In a swipe at the Congress and Rahul Gandhi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said there were people who were "hell-bent" on denting his image and have gone so far as "giving supari (contract)" and colluding with others inside and outside the country to achieve their goal.
- 22 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 5:15pm -
- newPak crisis: Inflation at nearly 60-year high, 20 killed in stampedes for food
Pakistan's year-on-year inflation hit 35.37% in March, the highest since 1965, as the Shehbaz Sharif government scrambled to meet International Monetary Fund (IMF) conditions to unlock a desperately needed bailout. Pakistan is deep in debt and must enact tough tax reforms and push up utility prices if it hopes to unlock another tranche of a $6.5 billion IMF bailout and avoid defaulting.
- 23 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 4:08pm -
- Bhopal-Delhi Vande Bharat Express to run at 160km/hr
Delhi-Bhopal Vande Bharat Express: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday flagged off the Rani Kamlapati Bhopal - Delhi Vande Bharat Express train.
- 1 day ago 1 Apr 23, 1:34pm -
- At least 26 dead after tornadoes rake US Midwest, South
The death toll from a major storm system that has lashed the south-central and eastern US with devastating winds and powerful tornadoes has risen to 26, with dozens of others injured, officials said Saturday. A spokesperson for the emergency management agency in Tennessee, one of the states hardest hit by storms that have struck since Friday, confirmed seven weather-related fatalities.
- 1 day ago 1 Apr 23, 1:15pm -
- BJP adopts US-style model to pick Karnataka candidates
From subtle push to presidential style poll campaigning, BJP has taken a step forward and adopted the US presidential election model of conducting primaries to select candidates for Karnataka assembly polls.
- 1 day ago 1 Apr 23, 6:22am -