- newNagpur slips to 27th spot in Swachh ranking
As the Nagpur Municipal Corporation has failed to improve its performance, Nagpur slipped to 27th rank, out of the 47 cities (above 10 lakh population category) in Swachh Survekshan-2022. The city, however, ranked 8th in the state.
- 10 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 7:49pm -
- newSalary hike order for Gadchiroli cops in 2 days: Dy CM
Fadnavis, who handles the home portfolio and is guardian minister of this eastern Maharashtra district held a meeting of the District Planning Committee in Gadchiroli city earlier in the day. The decision on increasing the salaries of police personnel in the district one-and-half times was pending, he told reporters.
- 13 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 5:03pm -
- newMaha 'Best State' in Comprehensive Tourism Development
This year, for the first time in the history of national tourism awards, Maharashtra has achieved second place in The Best State category for Comprehensive Tourism Development.
- 15 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 3:10pm -
- newNashik: Duo booked in fake guarantor case for bail
On the complaint of a senior official from the district court, the Sarkarwada police have registered an FIR under Section 420 (cheating) and other relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code against two persons for producing a fake guarantor before the court for getting bail.
- 22 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 8:23am -
- new'Start planning for Kumbh Mela in Nashik'
District guardian minister Dada Bhuse on Friday directed the civic administration to prepare a plan for providing various services to the devotees and saints who will come for the Simhastha Kumbh Mela to be held in Nashik in 2027-28.
- 22 hours ago 1 Oct 22, 8:22am -
- MPSC aspirant collapses in library, dies
A 25-year-old woman preparing for the Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC) examination died of a suspected heart attack while studying at a library in Vadgaonsheri on September 27.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 5:53am -
- FDA busts low-grade jaggery racket in Pune
Officials of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Friday busted a racket of traders from Uttar Pradesh using low-grade (yellow) sugar to manufacture jaggery in the district.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 5:50am -
- Preparations on to raze Chandni Chowk overpass
The traffic branch has announced alterations in the flow of vehicles going to Mumbai from Solapur via Pune from October 1 to 2, in view of the scheduled demolition of the Chandni Chowk overpass.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 5:46am -
- Pune: PMC to start veterinary hosp despite stir
The civic body plans to go ahead with its veterinary hospital at Hadapsar, after local residents raised objections likening the project to the area's garbage processing unit.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 5:37am -
- Pune: Man held on charge of stalking
The Chatushrungi police have arrested a 41-year-old man on the charge of stalking and outraging the modesty of a woman staffer on the premises of an educational facility on Thursday.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 5:31am -
- SPPU's online platform offers 300 global courses
That Harvard Business School online course which was out of your reach over its prohibitive fee structure can now be taken up if you are a student or alumni of Savitribai Phule Pune University. It has tied up with the business school to make available various online courses at subsidized rates.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 4:40am -
- Over 4.5cr adults skip free booster dose in Maha
Less than 10% adults in the state opted for the free booster dose against Covid-19 during the Union government's Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav campaign, while there was no clarity yet on whether the drive would be extended or not.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 4:33am -
- Loan app scam: Pune police nab 9 more
The city cyber police have arrested nine more people, including two from Bengaluru and the rest from Solapur, Pune and Kozhikode, as part of the ongoing investigation into the loan application harassment case.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 4:29am -
- No CNG at Pune rural pumps today
About 40 CNG stations, located mainly in the Pune rural area, belonging to Torrent Gas, will remain shut from 6am to 6pm on Saturday (October 1), said Petrol Dealers Association Pune officials.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 22, 4:24am -
- Pune: Societies get chance to fix trash issues
After strong objections by the Chikhali-Moshi Housing Societies Federation about non-lifting of wet garbage from their premises, the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) has said a drive for the same will start in a phased manner.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 6:30am -
- Power snag at pumping unit disrupts water supply
Areas such as Kothrud, Chandni Chowk, Karvenagar, Pashan-Baner and parts of Bavdhan and Shivajinagar faced disruptions in water supply on Thursday after pumping was hampered at the civic body's Warje water unit owing to a technical snag in power supply.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 6:25am -
- Festive fun from phuchka contests to folk dances
Durga Puja pandals across the city are gearing up for five days of festive fun from Saturday, with cultural events, live performances, competitions, contests and other exciting activities.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 5:34am -
- Maha: Tirupati sends silk sari for Goddess Mahalaxmi
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD), an independent trust managing the Tirumala Venkateswara temple in Andhra Pradesh, on Thursday presented a 'shalu' (silk sari) for Goddess Mahalaxmi in Kolhapur.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 5:30am -
- Shivajinagar gets 17mm of downpour in 45 mins
Shivajinagar received 17.3mm of rain, the highest quantum of convective rainfall in comparison to many other locations in the city and Maharashtra, on Thursday within a span of barely 40 to 45minutes.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 5:19am -
- Aurangabad: Man beaten on child lifting doubt
Suspecting two men to be child kidnappers, villagers in Jalna chased their car and beat up the driver before the police arrived to rescue them. The car had earlier hit the two-wheeler of a senior citizen, who later died of h is injuries.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 4:47am -