- newDriver claims 2 unidentified men drugged him, stole SUV in Maharashtra
Two men drugged a car driver (34) from Nagpur and fled with his vehicle worth Rs 5.7 lakh. Mohammad Irfaan Khan said on the instructions of his employer, he had gone to Mumbai from Nagpur to bring an SUV, reports Abhilash Botekar.
- 5 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 10:12am -
- new8 special squads scan CCTV footage to nab suspects in riot case, 10 held in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar
The city police has formed dedicated squads to identify and arrest the suspects involved Kiradpura riot. The police have arrested 10 suspects so far.
- 5 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 9:42am -
- newChhatrapati Sambhajinagar MP Imtiaz Jaleel demands probe by retired HC judge
City MP Imtiaz Jaleel on Saturday raised questions over the manner in which the rioting and arson took place in Kiradpura area.
- 6 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 8:42am -
- newMiles of new cables cover Pune-Goa flight distance
The length of cables laid at the city airport’s new terminal is almost equal to the Pune-Goa flight distance and about 90km more than a Kolkata-Dhaka aircraft flies.
- 7 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 8:20am -
- newAutomated baggage screening system set to make debut at Pune airport
Passengers would no longer have to queue up to get their checkin baggage scanned once the integrated airport terminal building is operational.
- 7 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 8:17am -
- newMaharashtra has 600 new Covid-19 patients
Maharashtra on Saturday reported 669 new Covid-19 cases. There were no deaths.
- 8 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:47am -
- newFour held for firing at old rival, Pune police on lookout for two more
The city police arrested four history-sheeters and are on the lookout for two of their accomplices for firing and damaging a car at Varale village near Talegaon Dabhade in the early hours of Friday.
- 8 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:43am -
- newSeven more swab collection centres, oxygen audits as Covid cases surge in Pune & Pimpri Chinchwad
The civic bodies of Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad have increased the number of sample collection centres and begun an audit of oxygen cylinders and plants owing to rise in the number of Covid-19 cases.
- 8 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:30am -
- newShepherd asleep near sheep injured in leopard attack in Pune
A 30-year-old shepherd was injured in his left ear when a leopard pounced on him while he was sleeping in the open close to his flock of sheep at Pargaon village, nearly 30km from Manchar town in Ambegaon tehsil, early on Thursday. Forest officials said the leopard might have mistaken the shepherd, Balu Natha Ghule, as a prey and attacked him as he was near the flock.
- 9 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 6:07am -
- newNear-normal day temperatures for Maharashtra till June: IMD
Most parts of Maharashtra are likely to witness near-normal day temperatures, except Konkan, which has higher probability of hotter maximum temperatures till June this year, an IMD outlook on temperatures during the upcoming months has indicated.
- 9 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 5:43am -
- newPune eatery staffer held for threat messages to MP Sanjay Raut
A 23-year-old eatery employee was arrested on Saturday from Pune for allegedly sending threat messages to kill Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut. The arrested youth, Rahul Uttam Talekar, is a graduate hailing from Jalna and lives at Vadgaonsheri in Pune.
- 10 hours ago 2 Apr 23, 4:39am -
- newMaoist with Rs 2 lakh bounty killed in encounter with police in Gadchiroli forest
A Maoist carrying a reward of Rs 2 lakh on his head was killed on Saturday in an encounter with C60 jawans in a forest in Maharashtra's Gadchiroli district, officials said.
- 16 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 10:58pm -
- newMaharashtra sees 669 new Covid-19 cases, including 189 in Mumbai
Maharashtra on Saturday recorded 669 Covid-19 cases, which took the state's tally to 81,44,780, while the death toll stood unchanged at 1,48,441, a health official said. The addition to the tally was a rise from 425 recorded on Friday, though lower than Thursday's 694, he pointed out.
- 16 hours ago 1 Apr 23, 10:31pm -
- Pune: PMC joins hand with school to raise awareness on autism
Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has collaborated with Innocent Times, a school with over 40 students on the autism spectrum, to organize an event at Chittaranjan Vatika on April 2 from 11am to 1pm to observe World Autism Awareness Day.
- 1 day ago 1 Apr 23, 6:11am -
- Seal on Uruli-Phursungi demerger from Pune Municipal Corporation limits
Nearly six years after they were merged in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), the Uruli-Phursungi areas will be demerged. The state government issued a draft notification about it on Friday.
- 1 day ago 1 Apr 23, 5:45am -