- Mentally-ill minor girl raped in Mumbai, accused held
The matter came to light when the minor informed her school teacher, who then reported the incident to her family.
- 9 days ago 26 Jan 23, 4:36pm -
- 'Vote for one govt from Mumbai to Delhi': PM Modi kick-starts BJP's BMC polls campaign
PM Modi who was in Mumbai for the first time since the BSS-BJP came to power, said, the Shinde-Fadnavis government is working on the path of development.
- 15 days ago 20 Jan 23, 12:11am -
- HC quashes FIR filed by actor Priyanka Chopra against her former secretary in 2008
In August 2008, Chopra had lodged a complaint against Jaju at the suburban Versova police station on charges of criminal intimidation and insulting the modesty of a woman.
- 16 days ago 19 Jan 23, 6:46pm -
- Teen rapes five-year-old girl at civic school in Mumbai; held
The police apprehended the 15-year-old boy from Nalasopara area of Palghar district late on Saturday night, an official said.
- 27 days ago 8 Jan 23, 6:20pm -
- Mumbai Diary: State Congress leaders show little interest
Interesting tidbits from across the city.
- 29 days ago 6 Jan 23, 7:32am -
- Mumbai gets two police commissioners, MVA calls decision 'Shinde-Fadnavis power stuggle'
The post of Special Commissioner of Police, Mumbai has been created for the first time by the state government.
- 30 days ago 4 Jan 23, 10:02pm -
- Tunisha death case: Shraddha Walkar murder case forced break up with actress, says Sheezan
Tunisha's former boyfriend Sheezan told Waliv police that he ended the relationship with her after seeing repercussions emerging from the Shraddha Walkar case.
- 40 days ago 26 Dec 22, 5:50pm -
- Tunisha death case: Actress' mother claims Sheezan Khan cheated, used her daughter
According to police, the 21-year-old actress allegedly died by suicide in the washroom on the set of a serial in Vasai area of Palghar on Saturday.
- 40 days ago 26 Dec 22, 5:41pm -
- BMC officials spent Rs 35 cr on five-star hotel stays amid COVID-19 pandemic, claims BJP MLA
BJP MLA Mihir Kotecha demanded a probe by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) against civic officials who allegedly spent around Rs 35 crore in 2020 and 2021.
- 40 days ago 26 Dec 22, 3:25pm -
- Musician, son held for killing labourer in Mumbai street quarrel
The incident occurred on a street in Wadala in central Mumbai on Monday late night when the musician and his son were walking towards their home.
- 45 days ago 21 Dec 22, 8:03pm -
- Mumbai woman gang-raped, attacked with weapon, given cigarette burns on private parts
The woman narrated her ordeal to neighbours, who got in touch with an NGO and an FIR was registered, the Kurla police station official said.
- 62 days ago 4 Dec 22, 4:24pm -
- Chaos as computer systems crash at Mumbai airport, passengers hit
Officials said that the issue is being rectified and the systems are likely to be made operational soon, though no statement has been issued in this matter yet.
- 65 days ago 1 Dec 22, 6:54pm -
- Caught on camera: Two held for harassing Korean woman YouTuber on Mumbai street
As the woman began to walk away from the spot, the man again appeared on a motorbike with a friend, offering her a lift while she told him in broken English that she did not want it.
- 65 days ago 1 Dec 22, 1:01pm -
- Dog walker beaten up, pet kicked for refusing to exit elevator at Mumbai housing society
The incident took place at Arum housing society in Nahar Amrit Shakti area on Monday night, an official said.
- 67 days ago 29 Nov 22, 5:06pm -
- Maharashtra: Thane sees first measles death; Bhiwandi has 455 suspected cases
The civic chief Abhijit Bangar had asked departments to take all efforts to curb the outbreak, including enhanced stress on vaccination.
- 71 days ago 25 Nov 22, 8:42pm -
- 22 cases, nine deaths due to measles reported in Mumbai
Amid the hike in measles cases in the city, BMC also appealed to the general masses to get their children vaccinated.
- 71 days ago 25 Nov 22, 12:41pm -
- Mumbai court: Girls not safe even in crowded places; awards 3-year jail term to a man for sexual assault
Noting the incident took place in a very crowded area, the judge in her order said, "There is a very adverse impact of the incident on the victim girl, on her family members and society."
- 71 days ago 24 Nov 22, 11:22pm -
- Measles: Eight-month-old boy dies in Mumbai, 34 patients hospitalized
The tally of measles cases reported in the city since the start of the year rose to 252.
- 71 days ago 24 Nov 22, 11:03pm -
- I-T dept conducts searches at Metropolis Healthcare in Mumbai
Metropolis Healthcare had last week reported a consolidated profit after tax of Rs 40.5 crore for the second quarter that ended September 30.
- 80 days ago 16 Nov 22, 1:48pm -
- Fire breaks out at Fashion Street in South Mumbai
Fashion Street has been closed temporarily for traffic till the situation is brought under control, Mumbai Traffic Police said in a tweet.
- 91 days ago 5 Nov 22, 3:03pm -
- 1992-93 Mumbai riots: SC forms panel to look into records of 108 missing people
The court noted there was a failure on the part of the state government to maintain law and order and to protect the rights of people guaranteed under Article 21.
- 91 days ago 4 Nov 22, 9:18pm -
- Mumbai genome sequencing: 36 of 234 samples detected with XBB subvariant, 33 with XBB.1
It said 87 of 234 patients had not taken the COVID-19 vaccine, and 15 of them had to be hospitalised, though none of them needed ICU admission.
- 91 days ago 4 Nov 22, 9:17pm -
- Ex-Mumbai mayor Kishori Pednekar questioned in SRA project cheating case
Pednekar - who claimed the "allegations are false" - was interrogated at the Dadar police station for more than two hours.
- 95 days ago 1 Nov 22, 4:22pm -
- Bombay HC directs hospital to submit report on minor rape victim seeking to terminate pregnancy
Under the provisions of the Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, termination of pregnancy post the 20-week period is not allowed unless permission is taken from the high court.
- 96 days ago 31 Oct 22, 7:49pm -
- Car catches fire after hitting road divider, cops rescue driver in Mumbai
The driver of the car, who lost control of the vehicle which resulted in the mishap, was rescued by a police team that rushed to the site of the incident, he said.
- 99 days ago 28 Oct 22, 3:42pm -
- 'Do you drink alcohol?' Maha minister Sattar asks district collector, faces flak
Sattar made the alleged comments while on a tour of the Beed district in central Maharashtra to assess damage to crops caused by excessive rains in October.
- 99 days ago 27 Oct 22, 11:52pm -
- Unrest grows in ruling Eknath Shinde faction in Maharashtra
Chimanrao Patil and Gulabrao Patil are traditional rivals within the Sena and do not miss an opportunity to fire salvos at each other.
- 99 days ago 27 Oct 22, 9:26pm -
- Leopard caught in Mumbai's Aarey after child's death; officials say there is another animal in area
A three-year-old leopard walked into a cage trap set in Unit 16 of Aarey Colony in the small hours of Wednesday, days after a one-and-half-year-old girl was killed by a leopard in Unit 15.
- 26 Oct 22, 6:00pm -
- Mumbai: Toddler attacked, killed by leopard at Aarey colony
Located near Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Aarey is considered the green lung of Mumbai and has witnessed several attacks by leopards in the past.
- 24 Oct 22, 4:48pm -
- Mumbai: Monsoon officially departs with bounty of 98 percent full lakes
The BMC's final data on water levels released on Monday (October 24) shows the total useful water content in all the lakes as 97.57 per cent, compared with 96.97 (2021) and 95.28 (2020).
- 24 Oct 22, 2:09pm -
- BJP quits Andheri East bypoll race, Uddhav to gain
With this, the stage is set for a virtual uncontested election of the Shiv Sena (Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray) party nominee Rutuja Ramesh Latke from Andheri East.
- 17 Oct 22, 7:18pm -
- Actor claims app cab driver misbehaved with her in Mumbai; police assures action
The driver violated traffic rules, picked up an argument with the police and refused to stop the vehicle when the panic-stricken actor asked him to.
- 16 Oct 22, 2:28pm -
- Wearing seat belts must for drivers, passengers of 4-wheelers in Mumbai from Nov 1
As per the provision of the Act, whoever drives a motor vehicle without wearing a safety belt or carries passengers not wearing seat belts shall be punished.
- 14 Oct 22, 7:45pm -
- Mumbai: Tattoo on elderly man's arm helps rescuers reunite him with kin
Vijay Jagtap (75) was found near a bridge in Vakola on October 7 and he had no recollection how he reached there.
- 13 Oct 22, 7:46pm -
- Mumbai: Navy man booked after teen girl files rape complaint
The accused threatened the 19-year-old against revealing the ordeal to anyone claiming it would only go on to malign her image.
- 13 Oct 22, 7:12pm -
- Passport to cheat: 'Hacker' gets access to Mumbai police officer's ID, password, clears applications
The three persons whose verification papers were cleared are residents of Antop Hill, Chembur, and Tilak Nagar, in Mumbai.
- 12 Oct 22, 5:56pm -
- Mumbai International Airport switches to Green sources
CSMIA was the first in India to launch hybrid technology which solely runs on green energy since April 2022, thus enabling a highly efficient and low carbon future for aviation.
- 10 Oct 22, 3:57pm -
- Muslim bodies in Mumbai to launch campaign to dispel misconceptions about Islam
The campaign called "Prophet for All" will be launched to mark the birth anniversary of Prophet Muhammad on October 9.
- 2 Oct 22, 2:39pm -
- Model's body found hanging in Mumbai hotel
The police also recovered a suicide note from the spot. On the suicide note, the model wrote, "I am sorry. No one is responsible for this. I am not happy. I just need peace."
- 30 Sep 22, 8:39am -
- Heavy rains lash parts of Mumbai, no reports of waterlogging
Mumbai city, its eastern suburbs and western suburbs recorded rainfall of 27.45 mm, 5.24 mm and 9.38 mm, respectively, in the last 24 hours
- 24 Sep 22, 11:44am -
- Shinde faction MLA moves Bombay HC asking it not to hear Uddhav-led Shiv Sena's plea for Dussehra rally nod
Sarvankar said if the HC passes any order on the issue, then it would cause an impediment on the ongoing dispute on who represents the "real Shiv Sena".
- 22 Sep 22, 11:58am -
- Mumbai civic body denies nod to both Thackeray and Shinde factions for Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park
The permission has been denied on the basis of law and order issue raised by Mumbai Police, according to civic officials.
- 22 Sep 22, 11:55am -
- Mumbai builder held for raping small-time actress under marriage pretext
The accused, Aditya Ajay Kapoor, had met the 24-year-old actress, who had worked in some Telugu movies, at the residence of a common friend in suburban Bandra.
- 14 Sep 22, 12:19pm -
- Child labour: Nashik tribals struggle to survive, give kids to goatherds for Rs 10K
So far, two separate offences under the Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act have been registered in this connection at Sangamner in Ahmednagar, the official said.
- 11 Sep 22, 3:10pm -
- Indian film crew losing jobs to foreigners? Bollywood unions claim violation of visa norms and inaction by Mumbai Police
The majority of foreigners are being fired from countries like the UK, Russia, and Uzbekistan to name a few.
- 11 Sep 22, 10:37am -
- 'Jab we met': Mumbai dabbawala recalls breakfast with Queen Elizabeth
The dabbawalas operate a globally renowned lunchbox delivery and return system that supplies hot lunches from homes and restaurants to people at work.
- 9 Sep 22, 11:41am -
- Trouble for Aditya Thackeray? BMC orders probe into film studios cleared by Uddhav government
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) chief Iqbal Singh Chahal in his order said he had received several complaints about 49 illegal constructions of studios at Madh, Marve, Erangal, Bhati.
- 8 Sep 22, 4:02am -
- Cyrus Mistry car crash: Autopsy conducted in Mumbai hospital, injured woman to undergo surgery
Mistry (54) and Jahangir Pandole, who were sitting on the back seats of the luxury car, were killed after their vehicle hit a divider on a bridge in neighbouring Palghar district of Maharashtra.
- 5 Sep 22, 11:46am -
- Mumbai's JJ Hospital sees influx of high-profile patients
Patients such as former ministers Anil Deshmukh, Nawab Malik and Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut, who have been arrested by the central agencies, were frequent visitors here recently.
- 4 Sep 22, 8:47pm -
- In dig at MVA, BJP ads on BEST buses claim credit for 'hindrance-free' Hindu festival celebrations
Amid Ganesh festivities underway without pandemic norms, the wraparound bus advertisements are an apparent dig at the previous Maha Vikas Aghadi government under the Shiv Sena.
- 2 Sep 22, 10:31pm -
- MNS leader, two others detained after video shows them thrashing a woman in public
The woman had taken objection to local MNS workers installing a pole for putting up an advertisement in front of her shop in Kamathipura in central Mumbai, police said.
- 1 Sep 22, 9:22pm -
- With no COVID curbs, Maharashtra soaks in Ganesh Chaturthi festivities
Devotees thronged prominent Ganesh pandals like the Lalbaugcha Raja in south-central Mumbai in large numbers, standing in queues for several hours.
- 31 Aug 22, 8:57pm -
- Amid COVID menace, Mumbai sees rise in swine flu, dengue and malaria cases
There was an increase in cases compared to July when 105 cases of swine flu, 61 cases of dengue and 563 cases of malaria had been reported.
- 30 Aug 22, 9:16pm -
- Ahead of Shah's Mumbai visit, Shiv Sena witnesses another faction war over Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park
The BJP is aiming to wrest control of the BMC from the Shiv Sena, which ruled the cash-rich civic body till an administrator was appointed earlier this year due to a delay in holding polls.
- 29 Aug 22, 10:32pm -
- Maharashtra: Thief goes 'digital', seeks online payment from victims to return mobile phones
Wasim Qureshi recently stole four mobile phones of his co-workers in a bakery in suburban Kurla on the first day of his job.
- 29 Aug 22, 7:57pm -
- Fraudster messages officials, demands gift cards in Mumbai police commissioner's name
The unidentified person or persons sending WhatsApp messages used police commissioner Vivek Phansalkar's photo as the display picture (DP).
- 27 Aug 22, 12:06pm -
- 'Strictly abide by undertaking that no trees would be cut in Aarey colony': SC directs Mumbai Metro
A three-judge bench headed by Justice U U Lalit said he would hear the matter on August 30 after counsel for the Maharashtra government sought time to collate documents.
- 24 Aug 22, 1:23pm -
- Reacting indifferently to pregnancy news falls short of instigation to commit suicide, says Bombay HC
The 16-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Thane in March 2021 after her boyfriend (accused), then aged 19, reacted indifferently to her message to him.
- 24 Aug 22, 11:50am -
- Mumbai: Two housing society members booked under POCSO for sharing video of boy urinating
The secretary and a member of a housing society had allegedly recovered CCTV footage of a kid urinating on the staircase of the building and later shared the video in messaging groups.
- 23 Aug 22, 9:10pm -
- Farmer tries to set himself ablaze outside Vidhan Bhavan in Mumbai; Fadnavis terms it unfortunate
A police official earlier said security personnel on duty in the area doused the flames and rushed the man to the GT Hospital.
- 23 Aug 22, 8:41pm -
- Mumbai-bound IndiGo aircraft develops snag at Goa airport, passengers disembarked safely
IndiGo aircraft 6E 6097 Goa to Mumbai with 187 passengers including four infants on board had to abort the flight due to a technical snag in the right engine.
- 23 Aug 22, 7:34pm -
- Dahi Handi participant dies in Mumbai; FIR against event organiser
Sandesh Dalvi, a member of the Shiv Shambho Govinda Pathak group, suffered serious head injuries after he fell from a human pyramid formed by 'Govindas' (Dahi Handi participants).
- 23 Aug 22, 12:41pm -
- Unidentified person threatens to blow up five-star hotel in Mumbai; demands Rs five crore to defuse bombs
An official from Sahar police station said as per a preliminary probe, it seemed to be a mischief and a fake call.
- 23 Aug 22, 11:40am -
- Hanuman Chalisa row: Special court rejects Mumbai police plea for cancellation of Rana couple's bail
Legislator couple Navneet Rana and her husband Ravi Rana had announced they would recite Hanuman Chalisa outside Uddhav Thackeray's private residence.
- 22 Aug 22, 5:22pm -
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Kaskar hospitalised in Mumbai after chest pain complaint
Kaskar was rushed to the hospital on Saturday from the Taloja jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai and is undergoing treatment in the medical facility's cardiac department.
- 21 Aug 22, 12:17pm -