- Model's body found hanging in Mumbai hotel
The police also recovered a suicide note from the spot. On the suicide note, the model wrote, "I am sorry. No one is responsible for this. I am not happy. I just need peace."
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 22, 8:39am -
- Heavy rains lash parts of Mumbai, no reports of waterlogging
Mumbai city, its eastern suburbs and western suburbs recorded rainfall of 27.45 mm, 5.24 mm and 9.38 mm, respectively, in the last 24 hours
- 8 days ago 24 Sep 22, 11:44am -
- Shinde faction MLA moves Bombay HC asking it not to hear Uddhav-led Shiv Sena's plea for Dussehra rally nod
Sarvankar said if the HC passes any order on the issue, then it would cause an impediment on the ongoing dispute on who represents the "real Shiv Sena".
- 10 days ago 22 Sep 22, 11:58am -
- Mumbai civic body denies nod to both Thackeray and Shinde factions for Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park
The permission has been denied on the basis of law and order issue raised by Mumbai Police, according to civic officials.
- 10 days ago 22 Sep 22, 11:55am -
- Mumbai builder held for raping small-time actress under marriage pretext
The accused, Aditya Ajay Kapoor, had met the 24-year-old actress, who had worked in some Telugu movies, at the residence of a common friend in suburban Bandra.
- 18 days ago 14 Sep 22, 12:19pm -
- Child labour: Nashik tribals struggle to survive, give kids to goatherds for Rs 10K
So far, two separate offences under the Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act have been registered in this connection at Sangamner in Ahmednagar, the official said.
- 21 days ago 11 Sep 22, 3:10pm -
- Indian film crew losing jobs to foreigners? Bollywood unions claim violation of visa norms and inaction by Mumbai Police
The majority of foreigners are being fired from countries like the UK, Russia, and Uzbekistan to name a few.
- 21 days ago 11 Sep 22, 10:37am -
- 'Jab we met': Mumbai dabbawala recalls breakfast with Queen Elizabeth
The dabbawalas operate a globally renowned lunchbox delivery and return system that supplies hot lunches from homes and restaurants to people at work.
- 23 days ago 9 Sep 22, 11:41am -
- Trouble for Aditya Thackeray? BMC orders probe into film studios cleared by Uddhav government
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) chief Iqbal Singh Chahal in his order said he had received several complaints about 49 illegal constructions of studios at Madh, Marve, Erangal, Bhati.
- 24 days ago 8 Sep 22, 4:02am -
- Cyrus Mistry car crash: Autopsy conducted in Mumbai hospital, injured woman to undergo surgery
Mistry (54) and Jahangir Pandole, who were sitting on the back seats of the luxury car, were killed after their vehicle hit a divider on a bridge in neighbouring Palghar district of Maharashtra.
- 27 days ago 5 Sep 22, 11:46am -
- Mumbai's JJ Hospital sees influx of high-profile patients
Patients such as former ministers Anil Deshmukh, Nawab Malik and Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut, who have been arrested by the central agencies, were frequent visitors here recently.
- 27 days ago 4 Sep 22, 8:47pm -
- In dig at MVA, BJP ads on BEST buses claim credit for 'hindrance-free' Hindu festival celebrations
Amid Ganesh festivities underway without pandemic norms, the wraparound bus advertisements are an apparent dig at the previous Maha Vikas Aghadi government under the Shiv Sena.
- 29 days ago 2 Sep 22, 10:31pm -
- MNS leader, two others detained after video shows them thrashing a woman in public
The woman had taken objection to local MNS workers installing a pole for putting up an advertisement in front of her shop in Kamathipura in central Mumbai, police said.
- 30 days ago 1 Sep 22, 9:22pm -
- With no COVID curbs, Maharashtra soaks in Ganesh Chaturthi festivities
Devotees thronged prominent Ganesh pandals like the Lalbaugcha Raja in south-central Mumbai in large numbers, standing in queues for several hours.
- 31 days ago 31 Aug 22, 8:57pm -
- Amid COVID menace, Mumbai sees rise in swine flu, dengue and malaria cases
There was an increase in cases compared to July when 105 cases of swine flu, 61 cases of dengue and 563 cases of malaria had been reported.
- 32 days ago 30 Aug 22, 9:16pm -
- Ahead of Shah's Mumbai visit, Shiv Sena witnesses another faction war over Dussehra rally at Shivaji Park
The BJP is aiming to wrest control of the BMC from the Shiv Sena, which ruled the cash-rich civic body till an administrator was appointed earlier this year due to a delay in holding polls.
- 33 days ago 29 Aug 22, 10:32pm -
- Maharashtra: Thief goes 'digital', seeks online payment from victims to return mobile phones
Wasim Qureshi recently stole four mobile phones of his co-workers in a bakery in suburban Kurla on the first day of his job.
- 33 days ago 29 Aug 22, 7:57pm -
- Fraudster messages officials, demands gift cards in Mumbai police commissioner's name
The unidentified person or persons sending WhatsApp messages used police commissioner Vivek Phansalkar's photo as the display picture (DP).
- 36 days ago 27 Aug 22, 12:06pm -
- 'Strictly abide by undertaking that no trees would be cut in Aarey colony': SC directs Mumbai Metro
A three-judge bench headed by Justice U U Lalit said he would hear the matter on August 30 after counsel for the Maharashtra government sought time to collate documents.
- 39 days ago 24 Aug 22, 1:23pm -
- Reacting indifferently to pregnancy news falls short of instigation to commit suicide, says Bombay HC
The 16-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide at her residence in Thane in March 2021 after her boyfriend (accused), then aged 19, reacted indifferently to her message to him.
- 39 days ago 24 Aug 22, 11:50am -
- Mumbai: Two housing society members booked under POCSO for sharing video of boy urinating
The secretary and a member of a housing society had allegedly recovered CCTV footage of a kid urinating on the staircase of the building and later shared the video in messaging groups.
- 39 days ago 23 Aug 22, 9:10pm -
- Farmer tries to set himself ablaze outside Vidhan Bhavan in Mumbai; Fadnavis terms it unfortunate
A police official earlier said security personnel on duty in the area doused the flames and rushed the man to the GT Hospital.
- 39 days ago 23 Aug 22, 8:41pm -
- Mumbai-bound IndiGo aircraft develops snag at Goa airport, passengers disembarked safely
IndiGo aircraft 6E 6097 Goa to Mumbai with 187 passengers including four infants on board had to abort the flight due to a technical snag in the right engine.
- 39 days ago 23 Aug 22, 7:34pm -
- Dahi Handi participant dies in Mumbai; FIR against event organiser
Sandesh Dalvi, a member of the Shiv Shambho Govinda Pathak group, suffered serious head injuries after he fell from a human pyramid formed by 'Govindas' (Dahi Handi participants).
- 40 days ago 23 Aug 22, 12:41pm -
- Unidentified person threatens to blow up five-star hotel in Mumbai; demands Rs five crore to defuse bombs
An official from Sahar police station said as per a preliminary probe, it seemed to be a mischief and a fake call.
- 40 days ago 23 Aug 22, 11:40am -
- Hanuman Chalisa row: Special court rejects Mumbai police plea for cancellation of Rana couple's bail
Legislator couple Navneet Rana and her husband Ravi Rana had announced they would recite Hanuman Chalisa outside Uddhav Thackeray's private residence.
- 41 days ago 22 Aug 22, 5:22pm -
- Dawood Ibrahim's brother Kaskar hospitalised in Mumbai after chest pain complaint
Kaskar was rushed to the hospital on Saturday from the Taloja jail in neighbouring Navi Mumbai and is undergoing treatment in the medical facility's cardiac department.
- 42 days ago 21 Aug 22, 12:17pm -
- Mumbai police get threat messages warning '26/11-like' attack; Pakistan link found
The police said that prima facie the number from which the messages were sent is from outside the country.
- 43 days ago 20 Aug 22, 2:50pm -
- Bhima Koregaon case: Activist Arun Ferreira moves HC for default bail
The activist in his petition filed through his advocate said his case stands on par with that of co-accused Sudha Bharadwaj, who was granted default bail by the high court.
- 44 days ago 19 Aug 22, 4:01pm -
- Threat to Ambanis: Mumbai court sends accused jeweller to police custody till August 20
The police produced the accused before the holiday court of additional chief metropolitan magistrate S V Dindokar and sought his custody stating that they want to probe the motive behind the calls.
- 46 days ago 16 Aug 22, 7:18pm -
- NSE phone tapping case: HC seeks ED stand on bail plea by ex-Mumbai Police commissioner Pandey
Justice Jasmeet Singh issued notice to ED on the bail plea and asked it to file its status report.
- 47 days ago 16 Aug 22, 3:04pm -
- Heavy rain in Mumbai; MeT dept predicts occasional intense showers in next 24 hours
According to civic officials, there was no report so far of any major water-logging in low-lying areas.
- 47 days ago 16 Aug 22, 1:24pm -
- Retired cop, scribe recall protest against Rushdie's book in Mumbai 33 years ago that led to police firing, deaths
Arzoo, 65, who was then working with the newspaper Hindustan, claimed that the participants had not intended any violence and shops and other establishments in the area were open as usual.
- 49 days ago 13 Aug 22, 9:23pm -
- HC grants bail to man held in conspiracy case to kill filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt
A single bench of Justice Bharati Dangre on August 10 granted bail to the accused, Obed Radiowala, on a personal bond of Rs 50,000, according to a copy of the court order made available on Thursday.
- 51 days ago 11 Aug 22, 9:02pm -
- Maharashtra Cabinet approves more than Rs 10,000 crore rise in cost of Mumbai Metro Line 3
Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis made the announcement after the meeting.
- 52 days ago 10 Aug 22, 10:52pm -
- Mumbai: Sanjay Raut's wife appears before ED for questioning in money laundering case
The central agency had issued summons to Varsha Raut earlier this week. Accordingly, she reached the ED office located at Ballard Estate in south Mumbai at 10.40 am.
- 57 days ago 6 Aug 22, 12:02pm -
- Status quo exists, trees not being felled in Mumbai's Aarey: Mumbai Metro Rail Corp Ltd tells SC
The Supreme Court was hearing a plea alleging trees in the colony, the green lung of the congested metropolitan city, were being cut despite a restraining order of the top court.
- 57 days ago 5 Aug 22, 8:47pm -
- 26/11 terror attacks: Youngest survivor and key eyewitness moves HC seeking house from government
This is the second time that Rotawan, now 23 years old, has approached the court. In 2020, she had filed a similar petition.
- 59 days ago 4 Aug 22, 1:41pm -
- Metro car shed in Aarey threatens not just leopards, but wide range of animals, warn activists
This rich urban forest is a biotope that houses some newly-discovered species of scorpions and spiders, besides being a treasure trove of birds, butterflies, amphibians and mammals.
- 63 days ago 31 Jul 22, 11:59am -
- Mumbai: Fire breaks out at shop in Andheri West
As many as 10 fire-fighting vehicles were rushed to the spot.
- 64 days ago 29 Jul 22, 10:47pm -
- Katrina-Vicky threat case: Arrested stalker kept watch on their residence; sent to custody for two days
The accused has been harassing the actor couple by posting messages on his Instagram account since March 2021 and using three mobile phones.
- 67 days ago 26 Jul 22, 8:45pm -
- Action sought against Ranveer over his 'obscene' pics; two applications filed with Mumbai police
The NGO office-bearer stated the actor has hurt the sentiments of women in general and insulted their modesty through his photographs, the official said.
- 68 days ago 25 Jul 22, 11:07pm -
- Unidentified person threatens actor couple Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal; Mumbai police register FIR
Kaushal complained to police that the person had threatened him and his wife on Instagram, the official said.
- 69 days ago 25 Jul 22, 12:16pm -
- After death threat, actor Salman Khan applies for gun licence
Khan didn’t talk to the media, but he reportedly applied for a gun license for self-protection at the Mumbai CP office.
- 71 days ago 23 Jul 22, 2:18am -
- Maharashtra paves way for Metro car shed at Mumbai's Aarey site, lifts 2019 stay
Just before the 2019 Assembly elections, the proposed car shed in the wooded area had widened the gap between the then-ruling allies Bharatiya Janata Party and the Shiv Sena.
- 72 days ago 22 Jul 22, 2:06am -
- 58 per cent of total work of Coastal Road project completed: Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation
A total of 107 hectares out of the total 111 hectares of reclamation have been completed constituting 97 per cent of the project.
- 73 days ago 21 Jul 22, 7:39am -
- NSE phone tapping case: ED arrests ex-Mumbai Police commissioner Sanjay Pandey
The top cop is also facing a charge of violation of Securities and Exchange Board of India guidelines in conducting NSE's system audit.
- 75 days ago 19 Jul 22, 1:17pm -
- Mumbai top cop Vivek Phansalkar meets civic body chief Iqbal Chahal, discuss rain situation
The meeting at the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation headquarters in South Mumbai took place in the background of heavy rains in the city and its suburbs since morning.
- 80 days ago 14 Jul 22, 8:42am -
- After losing power, NCP focuses on expanding Mumbai base, eyes nominees in all BMC wards
NCP president Sharad Pawar gave a call to strengthen the organization in the metropolis, where it has only some pockets of influence, in view of the civic polls.
- 80 days ago 13 Jul 22, 11:12pm -
- Child rights body asks Mumbai Police to file FIR against Aaditya Thackeray over children joining 'save Aarey' protest
NCPCR registrar Anu Chaudhary has written to Mumbai Police Commissioner Vivek Phansalkar requesting the registration of an FIR.
- 82 days ago 11 Jul 22, 10:18pm -
- Udaipur murder: Man held from J-K for issuing threats to Mumbai girl
Fayyaz Ahmed Bhatt (30) was held on Sunday from Badgam in the northern Union Territory with the help of police there, the VP Road police station official said.
- 82 days ago 11 Jul 22, 10:10pm -
- Illegal phone tapping case: CBI registers FIR against ex-Mumbai Police commissioner
The CBI action comes following a complaint from the Union Home Ministry, officials said.
- 86 days ago 8 Jul 22, 11:17am -
- Mumbai: IMD's red alert warns of 'extremely heavy' rains at isolated places even as rains subside
The Met department also said that there is a possibility of occasional strong winds reaching 40-50 kmph, the civic officials said.
- 86 days ago 8 Jul 22, 11:06am -
- Heavy rains continue unabated in Mumbai, local trains delayed; more downpour predicted
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast heavy rainfall in the city and suburbs with very heavy to extremely heavy rains very likely at isolated places on Thursday.
- 87 days ago 7 Jul 22, 10:28am -
- Mumbai: Amid heavy rains, Powai Lake overflows
According to BMC officials, the stock in the seven reservoirs supplying water to the city is about 15 per cent at present, while it was over 18 per cent on July 5 last year.
- 88 days ago 5 Jul 22, 9:39pm -
- Heavy rain in Mumbai, neighbouring areas; Thane, Palghar feel monsoon fury
The island city received an average 95.81 mm of rainfall in the 24-hour period ending at 8 am on Tuesday, while the eastern and western suburbs recorded 115.09 mm and 116.73 mm of rainfall.
- 89 days ago 5 Jul 22, 11:36am -
- 'Opposition by pseudo-environmentalists to Metro car shed in Aarey could be sponsored': Fadnavis
Assuring that no more trees will be cut for the project, the senior BJP leader also said that although the environmentalists have the right to express their opinion, they should not ingnore the facts.
- 90 days ago 4 Jul 22, 9:52am -
- ED issues summons against ex-Mumbai police commissioner Sanjay Pandey
The summons were sent on Saturday to Pandey, who retired from the police force on June 30, the ED official added.
- 90 days ago 3 Jul 22, 6:56pm -
- Opposition to Metro carshed in Aarey is about protecting Mumbai's biodiversity, says Aaditya
He said there are daily sightings of leopards in Aarey, a forested patch adjoining the Sanjay Gandhi National Park in the north-west part of the city.
- 91 days ago 3 Jul 22, 3:30pm -
- Activists up in arms again as Maharashtra decides to move Metro car shed back to Aarey Colony
Apart from leopards, some 300 different varieties of flora and fauna are found in the Aarey forest, located in suburban Goregaon and adjacent to the Sanjay Gandhi National Park.
- 91 days ago 3 Jul 22, 2:13pm -
- Mumbai: Environmentalists call for peaceful protest to save Aarey forest; police beef up deployment
The decision to set up the proposed Mumbai Metro Line-3 car shed in the wooded Aarey area was opposed by environmental groups, as it involved cutting down hundreds of trees.
- 92 days ago 2 Jul 22, 4:15pm -
- Maharashtra Congress slams Shinde govt's move on metro carshed in Mumbai's Aarey
The newly formed government is playing with the health of Mumbaikars by insisting that the carshed be made in Aarey, said Nana Patole.
- 92 days ago 1 Jul 22, 7:41pm -
- Amid heavy rains in Mumbai, CM Shinde to chair disaster management meeting today
The Maharashtra Cabinet has also decided to call a special session of the state assembly for two days-- July 2 and July 3.
- 93 days ago 1 Jul 22, 5:30pm -
- In its first decision, Shinde-Fadnavis government to build metro car shed in Mumbai's Aarey colony
The side of the Maharashtra government regarding the metro car shed issue in Aarey forest should be presented before the Court, sources said.
- 93 days ago 1 Jul 22, 10:34am -
- Safety, security of every citizen a top priority: New Mumbai Police Commissioner Vivek Phansalkar
Phansalkar said that maintaining law and order, prevention and detection of crime are basic police duties and added that tackling terror threats and traffic issues, too, are important.
- 93 days ago 1 Jul 22, 12:19am -