- newDrone used to disinfect Rajaji Hosp building
- 4 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 10:26pm -
- newChennai may get rain in the next 48 hours: Met
The high levels of humidity are making morning visits to the grocer shop, walks for some fresh air or even simply staying indoors difficult in the city. Though the present weather is normal for April, weathermen said there is some relief in sight as it is likely to rain in the next two days.
- 2 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 3:56pm -
- newChennai: Food delivery apps now deliver groceries
When Sumitra Balaram wanted a pen drive delivered to her colleague in Velachery, all she had to do open her food delivery app. For Swiggy now not only delivers food but also picks up groceries from any store you want and picks up and drops off things for you.
- 4 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 2:21pm -
- newWhy meagre Covid-19 fund allocation for TN: HC
"In the opinion of this court, the fund allotment (to Tamil Nadu) is not adequate, whereas states which have got lesser number of virus infected patients have been allotted more fund.
- 4 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 2:06pm -
- newChennai lockdown news: Today's live updates
- 4 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 1:45pm -
- newAIADMK to support PM's lockdown strategy
Pledging support to the union government's lockdown strategy, the ruling AIADMK on Wednesday reiterated its demand to Prime Minister Narendra Modi to sanction 3,000crore to strengthen health infrastructure and to purchase essential equipment and medicines. At an all-party video conferencing convened by Modi, the AIADMK sought a special grant of 9,000 crore to revive economic growth, besides specific relief measures to various sectors. The party requested the Centre to facilitate an uninterrupte…
- 4 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 1:40pm -
- newChennai: Digital ventilator developed in 4 days
Six young men from a city company have developed the prototype of a remote-controlled digital ventilator in four days during the lockdown, the firm's co-founder has said.
- 6 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 12:30pm -
- newWill Tamil Nadu end or extend lockdown?
What will be the exit strategy for Tamil Nadu, which has the second highest Covid-19 positive cases in the country?
- 6 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 12:23pm -
- new291 ruled out as +ve cases, 404 to be followed up
Civic officials have identified 695 people with flulike symptoms such as cough and fever after a field survey of 37.11 lakh households (this figure includes multiple visits to several homes) across the city as part of the Covid-19 containment plan. Of them, 291 have been ruled out as positive cases. The other 404 will be monitored by civic body doctors and if symptoms persist will be shifted to hospitals.
- 6 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 12:14pm -
- new7k mobile grocery units in Chennai from today
To meet the grocery needs of city residents hit by the lockdown, Chennai Corporation will roll out 7,000 mobile grocery units across the city from Thursday.
- 6 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 11:59am -
- new4 +ve patients discharged from hosp by mistake
Four patients, including one hailing from Delhi, who were admitted to Villupuram Government General Hospital and tested positive for Covid-19 infection, were declared negative by mistake by the hospital staff and discharged on Tuesday morning. The hospital authorities realized the error by afternoon and sought the help of the Villipuram police to trace them. Police managed to trace three of the patients as they hailed from the district but could not trace one patient from Delhi. State health off…
- 6 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 11:55am -
- newChennai: 3 Bangladeshi preachers defy lockdown
Three religious preachers from Bangladesh, who carried out religious activities illegally in the city despite the lockdown, have been arrested at Periyamet, police said. Despite restrictions, they visited a few houses and conducted activities where people gathered in groups.
- 8 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 9:59am -
- newTN CM urges corporates to donate for corona
- 14 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 3:40am -
- newMan who attempted to flee from cops found dead
- 16 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 2:18am -
- newAgri machinery shops exempted from lockdown
- 16 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 2:05am -