- newCovid-19: Discharge tops new infections in PMR
As many as 189 Covid patients were discharged in the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) on Friday as against the addition of 175 new infections.
- 4 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 11:56am -
- newOmicron: Samples with less than 25 CT value under lens
Research labs in Maharashtra have started prioritising positive samples of Covid-infected patients without travel history with less than 25 cycle threshold (CT) value for genome sequencing to rule out the presence of Omicron in the community, the latest variant of concern of SARS-CoV-2.
- 3 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 10:28am -
- newShallow fog brings down visibility level across Pune
The city’s visibility dropped to 1,000-2,000 metres on Friday morning, as shallow fog was reported from several areas in Pune.
- 3 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 10:11am -
- newStandards I-IV start in Pune rural from Monday
Primary schools in rural areas will reopen for Stds I to IV from December 6, a notification on Friday from the Pune zilla parishad said.
- 2 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 9:59am -
- newPune: Guard drills hole into shop wall, steal valuables
The Hadapsar police are searching for a watchman and his accomplices who are suspected to have stolen cash, gold and silver ornaments worth Rs12 lakh after drilling a hole into the wall of a jewellery shop at a building in Manjari’s Ghulenagar early on Thursday.
- 2 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 9:37am -
- newBJP seeks HC probe in Maharashtra co-op bank
The BJP has questioned the Maha Vikas Aghadi government's decision to allow an appeal against the acquittal granted to deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar and 79 others to be heard by the principal secretary co-operatives department.
- 4 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 3:43am -
- newExpedite publication of Ambedkar's books: BJP
"The anti-Dalit mindset of the Maha Vikas Aghadi government is responsible for the books written by BR Ambedkar not being published and paper worth Rs 5.45 crore being allowed to go to waste," said opposition leader Devendra Fadnavis.
- 4 hours ago 4 Dec 21, 3:38am -
- newMoney laundering: HC rejects ex-MP's plea
The Bombay high court on Friday observed that presence of former Shiv Sena MP Anandrao Adsul would be needed for custodial interrogation and rejected his plea for anticipatory bail in a money laundering case.
- 9 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 10:29pm -
- newRain ruins crops in Maha; over 1,700 sheep perish
Wednesday's unseasonal rain that lashed several parts of Maharashtra resulted in huge losses to crops and death of livestock maintained by nomadic tribes.
- 19 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 12:20pm -
- newMaha eases curbs, no test for vaxxed domestic flyers
A day after the Centre raised objections to stringent air travel curbs announced by the state, Maharashtra government rolled back most restrictions, including the RT -PCR negative report mandated for inter-state domestic flyers irrespective of their vaccination status.
- 21 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 10:57am -
- newMarathi literary festival starts in Nashik’s BKC today
Sixteen years after the last gathering, litterateurs from across the country and the world have descending on Nashik again to deliberate, understand and exchange views on Marathi language and its development.
- 21 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 10:19am -
- newPune: 28-year-old duped of Rs 91k in matrimonial fraud
A 28-year-old woman on Wednesday filed a complaint against a man, she got acquainted on a matrimonial website, for duping her of Rs 91,000 on the pretext of marriage.
- 22 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 10:00am -
- newPune: Salesman robs beauty salon owner and customer
An unknown person posed as a salesman and robbed a beauty parlour owner and a customer of cellphones and cash, collectively worth Rs45,000, in Shirur on Monday afternoon. The parlour owner (34) filed a complaint with the Shirur police.
- 22 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 9:57am -
- new'Can’t expect builders to revisit sanctioned clearances'
The Supreme Court has held that a project proponent is not expected to revisit sanctioned clearances or bring down validly constructed structures by anticipating changes in environmental clearance regimes resulting from judicial intervention.
- 22 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 9:54am -
- newNow, 45% adults in Maharashtra fully vaxxed
With vaccination picking up pace, the state has managed to cover 45% of its adult population with both doses of the vaccine against Covid-19. The state’s full vaccination proportion, though, is lower than the national average of 49%. Among districts, Mumbai is ahead of all in Maharashtra, having vaccinated nearly 74% with both shots.
- 22 hours ago 3 Dec 21, 9:47am -
- I-T detects Rs 400 cr black income after raid
The income tax department has detected unaccounted income of Rs 400 crore after it raided a Pune-based company engaged in dairy farming and manufacturing of milk products, the CBDT said on Thursday.
- 1 day ago 2 Dec 21, 8:46pm -
- Maoist ideologue Ghandy suspended for ‘anti-party’ views
Maoist ideologue and politburo member Kobad Ghandy, 74, has been suspended by the CPI (Maoist) for his “anti-party” views after dedicating four decades of his life to the banned outfit.
- 2 days ago 2 Dec 21, 1:38pm -
- Pune: '100% first dose vaccination by December 15'
The district administration has revised the deadline to achieve 100% first dose vaccination in Pune to December 15, after the Union government extended the “Har Ghar Dastak” campaign for one more month.
- 2 days ago 2 Dec 21, 10:10am -
- Pune: Man gets life term for 2014 murder of trader
The court of additional sessions judge G P Agrawal on Wednesday convicted and sentenced 26-year-old Eknath Tukaram Sutar of Nikte Vasti in Pirangut to life imprisonment for stabbing a utensils trader to death at the weekly market in Pirangut on December 14, 2014, over personal enmity.
- 2 days ago 2 Dec 21, 10:05am -
- No Covid deaths in PMR limits for 4 days
The Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) recorded more recoveries (235) than fresh Covid cases (213) on Wednesday.
- 2 days ago 2 Dec 21, 9:34am -