- newAnti-narcotics police seize MD, hashish worth Rs 26 lakh
The city anti-narcotics cell police arrested a former employee of an ashram and recovered mephedrone (MD) worth Rs20 lakh and hashish worth Rs6 lakh from his possession on Tuesday evening at Loni Kalbhor, off Pune-Solapur highway.
- 19 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 6:10am -
- new'Need safety measures against hoarding crashes'
Residents of Marunji in Hinjewadi are demanding better safety measures and removal of unauthorized hoardings from the area after their narrow escape following the collapse of two hoardings on Tuesday.
- 19 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 6:10am -
- newDeemed conveyance in one month for old housing societies in Maha
Thirty-year-old housing societies in the state not having conveyance deeds and planning to go in for self-redevelopment would be issued a deemed conveyance within a month from the date of application, a government official said.
- 20 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 5:12am -
- newMaha: Five held for taking 59 kids to madrasa without papers
The Bhusawal and Manmad railway police have arrested five men from a train, and have taken charge of 59 minor boys accompanying the men. The five men have been arrested under IPC section 370 (trafficking of persons).
- 20 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 5:11am -
- newNGT restrains PMC from cutting trees for riverfront work till July 31
The National Green Tribunal bench in Pune on Wednesday directed the civic body not to fell any trees under the riverfront development project till July 31, when it would hear an application on the matter.
- 20 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 5:04am -
- newAhmednagar will be renamed after Ahilyabai Holkar: Maha CM
Maharashtra CM Eknath Shinde on Wednesday said Ahmednagar would be renamed after warrior queen Ahilyabai Holkar.
- 20 hours ago 1 Jun 23, 5:01am -
- A museum that preserves a rich tribal legacy in Pune
One of the most significant and oldest museums located in the heart of Pune city is the Tribal Research and Training Institute (TRTI). More commonly known as the Tribal Museum, it is an establishment that is devoted to preserving and promoting the rich tribal cultural legacy of Maharashtra.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 8:56am -
- 3 arrested in Parbhani for bogus project-affected certificate
Police have arrested a youth, who made it to the merit list of the Parbhani police recruitment exam, for submitting a fraudulent project-affected certificate to bag a government job.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 8:39am -
- PhD student abuses B'luru duo, damages windshield
A PhD student was arrested on Tuesday on the charges of abusing a woman, roughing up her husband, jumping on the bonnet of her car and damaging its windscreen in a road rage following a minor accident on Friday night.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 8:25am -
- 12 women of SHG duped of Rs 12 lakh in Mudra loan fraud
Twelve women from a self-help group in Kothrud were cheated of Rs12 lakh by a resident of Mohammadwadi after he promised he would help them secure the central government's Mudra loans.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 7:42am -
- Helmetless rider slaps policeman in Pune
A 29-year-old two-wheeler rider, who was brought to the Bibvewadi police station for traffic violations, abused and slapped an assistant sub-inspector during an altercation that ensued.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 6:03am -
- Maharashtra: Girl who stabbed boyfriend to death arrested
The Lonikand police on Tuesday arrested the 21-year-old data science student suspected of having stabbed her boyfriend to death with a kitchen knife.
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 5:59am -
- Rise in power demand to 3,500 MW leads to outage in Pune
Several areas across Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad, including the industrial belt of Bhosari MIDC, saw load-shedding for one to two hours on Monday after the Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited resorted to cuts on Monday due to peak power demand of 3,500 megawatt. The move was to ease the burden on the extra-high voltage substation of the Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited at Lonikand, an official said on Tuesday
- 2 days ago 31 May 23, 4:58am -
- 3 of family killed as MUV falls off bridge in Nashik
Three people, including a four year-old-girl, of a family died when the multi-utility vehicle (MUV) in which they were travelling fell from a bridge on the Nandgaon-Manmad Road in the wee hours of Tuesday.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 10:27am -
- Man held for PCMC paper malpractice
The Upnagar police have arrested a 25-year-old man for indulging in illegal means to write the competitive examination paper conducted by the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC).
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 10:06am -
- Youth dies as girlfriend stabs him multiple times
A 21-year-old second-year data science student was booked by the Lonikand police on the charge of stabbing her boyfriend, also her classmate, to death with a kitchen knife following a quarrel in the latter’s paying guest facility in a housing society in Wagholi early on Monday.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 8:31am -
- AAP’s decision to contest Maharashtra polls worries Congress
The decision of Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) to contest the Maharashtra elections has worried Congress, which feels it will lead to a division in “secular” votes and may cost the party some seats.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 8:30am -
- New PMC helpline to tackle shoddy pre-monsoon works
The civic body has planned to rope in citizens for good quality pre-monsoon works through helpline numbers, after failing to provide proper storm water drains and pothole-free roads last year.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 6:24am -
- Fire & fumes create panic at IT park
A fire broke out in the second-floor duct of six-storied tower Marisoft 1 at the Marigold IT Park in Kalyaninagar around 11am on Monday due to a short circuit.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 6:17am -
- Storage in big Maha dams now lower than 2022 levels
Live storage in several major dams of Maharashtra, mainly in Pune region as well as Konkan, has plunged lower than last year's stock.
- 3 days ago 30 May 23, 6:16am -