- newThird Covid-19 wave feared post Diwali: Tope
Maharashtra health minister Rajesh Tope on Tuesday said the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic has not receded yet in the state but at the same time conditions are not favourable to immediately trigger the third wave.
- 5 hours ago 20 Oct 21, 2:24am -
- newMaharashtra logs 1,638 Covid cases, 49 deaths
Maharashtra on Tuesday reported 1,638 new coronavirus positive cases and 49 fatalities, taking the tally of infections to 65,94,820 and the toll to 1,39,865, while 2,791 patients recovered, a health department official said.
- 5 hours ago 20 Oct 21, 2:17am -
- newMan fights with wife, burns home, neighbourhood
In a bizarre incident, a man in Maharashtra's Satara set his house on fire after a big brawl with his wife and ended up burning around 10 homes in the immediate neighbourhood, police said on Tuesday.
- 5 hours ago 20 Oct 21, 2:10am -
- newFines fail to deter speeding on Pune-Mumbai E-way
The death of three men in an accident involving six vehicles near the Khopoli exit of the Pune-Mumbai Expressway on Monday morning has once again raised concerns over motorists’ tendency to speed beyond the set limits.
- 7 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 2:32pm -
- newMaharashtra's Covid case count at 17-month low
A day after the city registered zero Covid-19 deaths for the first time in over 18 months, the weekly cases show a decline after rising for six consecutive weeks. Meanwhile, Maharashtra reported the lowest single-day case count in 17 months.
- 11 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 10:26am -
- newAround 12L due for second Covid shot in Pune
The state health services officials on Monday stated that the district at present had around 12 lakh beneficiaries due for the second dose of Covid vaccines, while 45% of the target population (around 39 lakh beneficiaries) was fully inoculated.
- 11 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 10:03am -
- newMaha minister rules out change in Covishield doses’ gap
Union minister of state for health and family welfare Bharati Pawar on Monday dismissed the possibility of reducing the gap between two doses of Covishield vaccine, citing scientific studies.
- 11 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 10:01am -
- newDaily Covid tally dips to 2 digits each in PMC, PCMC areas
The number of people testing positive for Covid-19 dropped to over eight-month low (255) in the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) on Monday, with the Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad municipal limits recording the day’s cases in two digits. PMR had recorded 253 cases on February 1.
- 11 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 9:58am -
- newNo new variant of concern seen in last 6 mnths: Doc
No new coronavirus variant of concern emerged in last six months, but constant vigil was a must, Dr NK Arora, member of the national task force and the chairman of the Covid-19 working group of the National Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation, told TOI.
- 11 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 9:57am -
- newJumping traffic signal common in Nashik city
Motorists jumping traffic signals and violating one-way entry rule have become common sights in many parts of the city. These violations have also often led to accidents and traffic jams in various parts of Nashik city.
- 12 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 9:55am -
- new77-year-old takes help from stranger at ATM, loses Rs 60k
A 77-year-old man, who had sought help from a stranger to secure his bank account’s mini statement from an ATM, found himself fleeced of Rs60,000.
- 12 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 9:34am -
- new'Minor son detained, has confessed to killing prof dad'
Almost a week after a city professor was found brutally murdered in his bungalow, the police on Monday detained his 17-year-old son, claiming that he has confessed to having killed his father following a bad-tempered verbal exchange.
- 14 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 7:35am -
- newMaha govt extends timings for shops and restaurants
With Covid cases hitting a 17-month low and fatalities dropping, the Maharashtra government on Monday further eased restrictions to allow shops and restaurants to operate longer hours and amusement parks to reopen on October 22.
- 14 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 7:30am -
- newPune: NDA cadets relay victory flame for 8 km
A group of cadets of the National Defence Academy (NDA) on Sunday relayed the victory flame or the 'Swarnim Varsh Mashaal' for about 8 km as part of the celebrations of the 'Swarnim Vijay Varsh' at Khadakwasla.
- 17 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 4:28am -
- newMaharashtra logs 1,485 Covid cases, 27 deaths
Maharashtra reported 1,485 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, said the state health bulletin on Monday.
- 17 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 4:22am -
- newPostal dept opens 50,000 savings accounts
The Department of Posts celebrated National Postal Week and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav from October 9-16.
- 19 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 2:38am -
- newMaharashtra extends timing of restaurants
Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray has directed the administration to issue guidelines for extending the business hours for restaurants and bars.
- 20 hours ago 19 Oct 21, 1:32am -
- newBJP leaders smoking low quality ganja: Saamana
The Shiv Sena on Monday slammed the BJP by stating that BJP leaders were making wild statements since they were smoking low quality ganja or cannabis. The Sena said in its mouthpiece Saamana, that the BJP had become a butt of jokes in Maharashtra.
- 22 hours ago 18 Oct 21, 11:17pm -
- newSub-registrar gets bail in case against Khadse
Special Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) court recently granting bail to sub-registrar Ravindra Muley in the Pune land deal case registered by Enforcement Directorate against Nationalist Congress Party leader Eknath Khadse, observed that prima facie, the April 2016 sale deed did not appear to be undervalued for payment of stamp duty, as alleged.
- 23 hours ago 18 Oct 21, 10:52pm -
- newCM to find 'solution to transporters' issues'
Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray on Monday said a proper solution will be worked out to address various problems and financial crisis being faced by transporters in the state due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 23 hours ago 18 Oct 21, 10:01pm -