- newWill apply for emergency use licence: Serum
Serum Institute of India (SII) CEO Adar Poonawalla on Saturday said they were in the process of applying for an emergency use licence (for AstraZeneca-Oxford’s Covid vaccine in India) in the “next two weeks”.
- 1 hour ago 29 Nov 20, 11:42am -
- new'Maha CM skipped Pune on PMO's instructions'
Responding to an allegation purportedly made by a BJP MLA about CM Uddhav Thackeray not accompanying PM Modi during the latter's visit to the Pune-based Serum Institute of India, Sanjay Raut said the "CM skipped the welcome programme as per the PMO's instructions."
- 38 mins ago 29 Nov 20, 11:16am -
- newMaharashtra health minister Tope against lockdown
State health minister Rajesh Tope on Saturday said that he is against future Covid-19 lockdowns. The chief minister is yet to make an announcement on the matter, but Tope said with unlocks on, it is now up to citizens to ensure health precautions are maintained.
- 16 mins ago 29 Nov 20, 10:22am -
- newMaharashtra: Couple, daughter murdered in Paithan
A businessman, his wife and nine-year-old daughter were brutally murdered at their residence in June-Kavsan village in Paithan taluka of the district early on Saturday morning.
- 51 mins ago 29 Nov 20, 9:47am -
- newTale of two Aurangabads
(This story originally appeared in PuneMirror on November 29, 2020)
- 4 hours ago 29 Nov 20, 7:00am -
- new5,965 new Covid cases in Maha, 75 deaths
Maharashtra's Covid-19 case tally rose to 18,14,515 on Saturday as it recorded 5,965 new cases, said a health official.
- 8 hours ago 29 Nov 20, 2:08am -
- newConstable takes on inspector
This story originally appeared in PuneMirror on November 28, 2020
- 9 hours ago 29 Nov 20, 1:52am -
- newNashikites shiver at temperature of 13.4C
The minimum temperature in the city nosedived to 13.4 degrees celsius — the lowest temperature recorded in the state on Friday.
- 21 hours ago 28 Nov 20, 1:27pm -
- new898 new cases push PMR count above 3.4L, 9 dead
The Covid-19 caseload surged above 3.4 lakh in the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) on Friday, with the addition of 898 new infections.
- 23 hours ago 28 Nov 20, 11:33am -
- newNationalist Cong Party MLA Bharat Bhalke dies
- 24 hours ago 28 Nov 20, 11:07am -
- No RT-PCR report with passengers from 4 states
No train traveller reaching the city during the past three days from Delhi, Goa, Rajasthan and Gujarat carried RT-PCR negative reports with them, making the civic officials’ task of screening the passengers at the station difficult.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 10:19am -
- Post-Covid, flu shots protect lungs: Doctors
Many patients suffering from moderate to severe Covid-19 and likely to have suffered lung damage are opting for flu shots after recovery. This is to avoid further harm to the lungs if they are infected with the influenza virus at a later stage.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 10:03am -
- Pune: 70 of 120 hosps fumble on bed data update
Bed availability information for Covid-19 treatment has taken a hit in the Pune municipal limits with more than 70 hospitals failing to update this data on the divisional commissioner’s dashboard for days altogether. In a contrast, the health hubs in Pimpri Chinchwad have shown the way by updating this data regularly.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 10:01am -
- 100 envoys’ trip to vaccine facilities cancelled
The visit of ambassadors and high commissioners of 100 countries to two local vaccine manufacturing facilities, scheduled for December 4, has been cancelled.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 10:00am -
- Vendors’ relocation: Mandai Metro work on hold
Work on the Metro project in the Mandai area has once again been bogged down in logistical problems.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 9:32am -
- HRD ministry urges states to keep schoolbags light
The HRD ministry, in a communication on Tuesday, has told education secretaries of all the states and Union Territories to adopt the schoolbag policy 2020 from standards I to XII.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 9:30am -
- 6,185 new Covid cases in Maha, 85 deaths
Maharashtra's Covid-19 case tally on Friday reached 18,08,550 as 6,185 fresh infections were recorded, said a health official here.
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 2:47am -
- PMC's new garden has no entry road
This story originally appeared in PuneMirror on November 27, 2020
- 1 day ago 28 Nov 20, 1:47am -
- MVA allies will contest polls together: CM
Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray on Friday said the ruling Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) allies will fight all elections, including the Brihanmumbai Municipal corporation (BMC) poll, together.
- 1 day ago 27 Nov 20, 11:50pm -
- Pune: Three abduct businessman over Rs 5L dues
The Yerawada police are on the hunt for three men after a 36-year-old businessman lodged a complaint that they abducted and assaulted him over a Rs5 lakh loan on Wednesday.
- 2 days ago 27 Nov 20, 9:44am -