- newMan planning to end life near tracks saved
A 31-year-old man who rushed to the railway tracks near Dombivli station in Thane district to allegedly attempt suicide was rescued by police after the control room got an alert, an official said on Friday.
- 3 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:37pm -
- newGaneshotsav: Pune shops to shut on Sept 19
Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar on Friday said all shops dealing in non-essential items will remain closed in Pune for Ganpati immersion on September 19 as the Covid-19 positivity rate was improving in the district and crowds needed to be discouraged during the last day of the festival.
- 3 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:31pm -
- newRaut lauds PM says 'no one can match him'
The Maharashtra MP lauded the Prime Minister for his leadership.
- 2 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 9:29pm -
- new'Slap CM remarks': Rane to file separate pleas
Narayan Rane had filed a petition seeking to quash the cases lodged against him at Mahad, Nashik, Pune, Thane, Jalgaon and Ahmednagar.
- 2 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 8:50pm -
- newNagpur: I-T raids premises linked to Anil Deshmukh
- 56 mins ago 17 Sep 21, 6:18pm -
- newOver 10k students going abroad vaccinated in Pune
Over 10,000 students going abroad have been vaccinated so far in the district, after their enrolment started from May.
- 6 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 1:34pm -
- newMaharashtra optimises use of vaccine doses, no wastage
The efficient administration of anti-Covid jabs has helped Maharashtra achieve ‘negative vaccine wastage’, meaning all vials are utilised to the fullest. The state is inoculating an average of 103 beneficiaries per session now as against 92-96 last month. In September so far, an average 7 lakh doses have been administered every day.
- 7 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 11:55am -
- newWada occupants try to hold on to traditions during pandemic
ime seems to have stood still for Ganeshotsav in the few surviving wadas in Pune, with their occupants still trying their best to stay true to the old ‘One Wada, One Ganapati, tradition during the 10-day festival, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:21am -
- newDacoity suspect nabbed after 41 yrs from Solapur village
Ankush Manik Gaikwad, suspected to be part of a gang that had committed a dacoity at a house in Daund taluka in December 1980, managed to evade police for the past 41 years.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:20am -
- newAsian strain of Zika virus found in Pune: ICMR-NIV
The Zika virus found in Pune belongs to the Asian strain or genotype.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:16am -
- newHealth min rules out curbs in Maha after Ganeshotsav
State health minister Rajesh Tope on Thursday told TOI that the government was not planning to increase any curbs after the Ganeshotsav because the weekly positivity rate in the state for the seven-day period ending on September 15 was 2.63% — slightly less than the preceding week’s 2.67%.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:14am -
- newPune: Fire at candle making unit claims one; 4 women hurt
A man died and four women were injured in a fire that broke out in a small-scale candle manufacturing unit at the Bhau industries estate near Nanded Phata off Sinhagad Road around 10.30am on Thursday.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:10am -
- newPune: Man held for cheating farmers of over Rs 24L
The economic offences wing of the city police arrested a man accused by at least 16 farmers from Pune and other places in Maharastra of cheating them to the tune of more than Rs24lakh over investment in medicinal plant crops and failing to deliver on the promise of handsome returns since 2018.
- 9 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 10:08am -
- newMaha: University declares PG, diploma results in 6 days
Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS) on Wednesday night declared the results of the summer 2021 post graduate (allopathy) and diploma (medical) offline exams, just six days after the completion of the exams.
- 10 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 9:35am -
- newPune adds 905 Covid cases, 703 recoveries
The Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) continued to add more Covid-19 cases (905) as against recoveries (703) for the second straight day on Thursday, taking its total infections and discharges above 11.29 lakh and 11.02 lakh, respectively.
- 10 hours ago 17 Sep 21, 9:31am -