- newMaharashtra's Covid-19 tally crosses 14 lakh
- 60 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 3:01am -
- newNo upkeep at Hinjawadi facility, rue doctors
Heaps of PPE kits, biomedical waste seen strewn around; doctors say lack of maintenance, but ZP chief refutes claim
- 36 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 2:37am -
- newOvercharging by hosps: HC suggests payout, panel
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 12:07am -
- newMan beaten to death on suspicion of being thief
An unidentified man died after he was allegedly beaten up by a group of people who suspected that he was a thief in Maharashtra's Solapur district on Wednesday, police said. The incident took place near Kumbhari village in the district.
- 2 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 11:55pm -
- newOver 23K Maha cops infected till date; 247 dead
- 2 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 11:53pm -
- newPositive on reopening cinema halls: Maha min
The Maharashtra government is positive about reopening cinema halls and theatres but its priority is to ensure safety of citizens amid the Covid-19 pandemic, state cultural affairs minister Amit Deshmukh said on Thursday.
- 3 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 11:21pm -
- newCourt fines 3 over lockdown travel in April
Within two days after Gajanan Panchal (21) and his brother, Sachin (31), both from Hingoli district and living in Bhosari, had travelled 370 km from Pune to Parbhani on a motorcycle on April 13 without pass and permit, Gajanan fell ill and later tested positive for Covid-19 to become the first case of infection in Parbhani, which was till then in a “green zone”. Parbhani has, so far, reported over 5,300 cases and 225 deaths.
- 13 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 12:33pm -
- newPolice recover bakery bizman’s SUV from Undri
The Koregaon Park police on Tuesday arrested an online delivery boy on the suspicion of stealing a bakery businessman’s Ford Endeavour SUV worth Rs30 lakh on September 24 and seized the stolen vehicle from a housing society in Undri.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:29am -
- newMaha restos can open on Oct 5 at 50% capacity
To provide a boost to industries in MMR, industrial and manufacturing units of non-essential items can restart operations.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:28am -
- newMasks & distance at Maha Common Entrance Test
For 20 days starting from Thursday, as many as 4.51 lakh students will appear for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHCET), the eligibility test for admission to B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharmacy/ Pharm.D. undergraduate courses.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:27am -
- new6 booked on charge of duping investors of Rs 72L
The Swargate police are investigating a complaint lodged by some small-time business persons from Satara Road and Sinhagad Road stating that they were duped of Rs72.18 lakh collectively, by six persons on the promise of attractive returns on investment in 2018-19.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:27am -
- newInquiries for int’l travel bookings pick pace
International leisure travel enquiries and bookings from the city have picked up for the first time in six months, though India continues its embargo on flights beyond borders.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:23am -
- newClusters final for largest sero survey in Pune
Medical experts from the civic body’s health department and D Y Patil Medical College and Hospital have finalised the clusters in the municipal limits for the upcoming largest sero survey in the district.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:13am -
- newSaptashrug temple trust gets 1st woman trustee
For the first time in 45 years of its history, the Shree Saptashrung Niwasini Devi, Saptashrung Gad Trust, Nashik, has appointed a woman trustee on the board for a term of five years.
- 16 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:00am -
- newLonavala centre turns isolation into a party
(This story originally appeared in Pune Mirror on October 1, 2020)
- 19 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 7:00am -
- newMaharashtra: 1L solar pumps for farmers soon
The burden of cross-subsidy on high-end electricity users will be reduced to some extent, with the state planning to provide a total one lakh solar agri pumps to farmers in Maharashtra, a government official said.
- 22 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 4:16am -
- newAarey protests: Withdraw cases, says Maha CM
Maharashtra chief minister Uddhav Thackeray on Wednesday directed the state home department to withdraw cases registered against protesters last year for opposing felling of trees for a proposed metro car shed in Aarey Colony, a prime green lung of the city.
- 23 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 2:58am -
- newMaha: 18,317 new Covid cases, 19,163 recover
The Covid-19 tally in Maharashtra rose to 13,84,446 on Wednesday with the single-day addition of 18,317 fresh cases, the state health department said. With 481 deaths, the cumulative toll in the state mounted to 36,662, it said.
- 23 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 2:54am -
- Lockdown in Maharashtra extended till Oct 31
The Maharashtra government on Wednesday extended coronavirus-induced lockdown till October 31, but also said that hotels, restaurants and bars will be allowed to operate from October 5 with restricted capacity. Hotels, food courts, restaurants and bars can operate from October 5 with capacity not exceeding 50 percent or as prescribed by local authorities.
- 1 day ago 1 Oct 20, 2:00am -
- Detox drive pushes health tourism in Pune
Wellness tourism is witnessing a major uptick since the travel restrictions were lifted beginning September with citizens’ renewed focus on immunity and detoxing in the time of Covid-19.
- 2 days ago 30 Sep 20, 10:15am -