- newMaharashtra reports over 67,000 new Covid-19 cases
- 53 mins ago 18 Apr 21, 3:30am -
- newCovid: Maharashtra CM reaches out to industrialists
Thackeray has appealed to the corporate community to set up oxygen production plants using modern technology in their premises and to assist the state with its supply.
- 1 hour ago 18 Apr 21, 1:11am -
- new'Maha restrictions could be extended beyond May 1'
- 4 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:39pm -
- newDoctors in Pune hosp on strike over shortage of staff
- 4 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:14pm -
- new'Centre blocked Remdesivir supply to Maharashtra'
The BJP hit back saying that Malik should either give proof or apologise for levelling "false" and "baseless" allegations, and said he should step down from the post.
- 5 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 9:48pm -
- new300 resident doctors stop work at Sassoon Hosp
As many as 300 resident doctors at the state-run BJ Medical College attached to Sassoon Hospital went on a strike from 5pm on Friday over various demands. The striking doctors are mainly deployed at the hospital’s non-Covid/ elective surgery wards.
- 13 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 1:19pm -
- newLive: Maha reports 67,123 Covid cases, 419 deaths
- 13 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 1:09pm -
- newFather and son, both doctors, die of Covid; mother serious
A father-and-son pair of doctors from Kalyan succumbed to Covid within hours of each other even as the mother is serious in a hospital in Vasai. While it’s still unclear if they were vaccinated, both had been involved in Covid care for a year.
- 14 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 12:57pm -
- newAs Covid cases spike in jails, HC on its own initiates PIL
The Bombay high court on Friday initiated a suo motu (on its own motion) public interest litigation in a bid to address concerns over “alarming” rise in Covid-19 cases between April and March this year in prisons across Maharashtra, and sought details on all cases inside jails.
- 16 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:24am -
- newPune: Med infra shortfalls upset patients’ relatives
Neck-deep in Covid-care services, healthcare workers are encountering abusive arguments, rude behaviour or physical assault from patients’ relatives over the growing crisis of remdesivir, oxygen/ventilator beds, delay in test report and unreachable helplines.
- 16 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:21am -
- newBlackmarketers stole Remdesivir from beds of dead patients
The alleged mastermind of the Remdesivir black-marketing racket, Kunal Kohde, is learnt to have stolen several vials of the anti-viral injections from the bedside of dead patients at his hospital at Deo Nagar Chowk.
- 16 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:16am -
- newMaharashtra’s daily Covid tally highest at 63,729
Maharashtra reported 63,729 Covid cases on Friday, the highest detection so far, and 398 deaths, the highest toll in 196 days since October 2 (424).
- 17 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:06am -
- new'Fortnightly random RT-PCR tests for workers not must'
The state government has finally decided to relax the fortnightly random RT-PCR tests it had mandated for household helps, hotel and restaurant staffers, industrial workers and e-commerce delivery persons in the wake of the strain the decision had put on the laboratories.
- 17 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:04am -
- newAjit Pawar justifies longer curbs in Pune
Justifying the night curfew from 6pm to 7am in Pune on weekdays while the rest of the state followed 8pm to 7am deadline and the weekend lockdown, deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar on Friday stressed that it was needed for the district and that the issue should not be politicised because the decision was taken after consensus with all stakeholders.
- 17 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:03am -
- newJust half a day’s Covishield stock with PMC
Vaccine stocks are fast depleting in the city, leaving the Pune municipal authorities with just enough Covishield doses to last till Saturday afternoon. There are currently minimal doses left at PMC’s Narayan Peth vaccine store.
- 17 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 10:01am -