- new3k beds vacated by those with mild illness
Pune district officials plan to set up a centralised system to monitor hospital admissions after as many as 2,773 beds were vacated by asymptomatic patients at nearly 120 facilities.
- 2 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 12:57pm -
- new‘Promoted Covid-19’ stamp prompts inquiry
Marksheets with ‘Promoted Covid-19’ printed on them were issued to 240 students of Shri Shivaji College of Horticulture in Amravati on Monday, which did not go down well with them.
- 2 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 12:53pm -
- newBarricades force people to take detours to hosps
Residents from different parts of the city complained on Tuesday about irrational barricading of roads, lanes and bylanes, posing difficulties to them in accessing emergency services like hospitals and medical stores as also in commuting to permitted workplaces.
- 1 hour ago 15 Jul 20, 10:00am -
- newPune: IT staffers can get fuel with HR pass
District collector Naval Kishore Ram on Tuesday clarified that IT employees could show their company permission passes on HR letterheads to not only commute to work but also to get fuel at petrol pumps during the 10-day total lockdown.
- 2 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 9:31am -
- newPMC asks lab to stop Covid tests
(This story originally appeared in Pune Mirror on July 15, 2020)
- 5 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 6:30am -
- newMaharashtra's Covid-19 tally rises to 2,67,665
Maharashtra's Covid-19 tally rose to 2,67,665 on Tuesday with the addition of 6,741 new cases, state health department said.
- 8 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 3:25am -
- newVideo calling for lawyers, inmates in jails now
After 111 days of the nationwide lockdown, more then 26,000 prisoners across the state in 60 jails will now be able to communicate to their lawyers about their cases. Since the lockdown, the Wakeel-Qaidi mulaqat was stopped in all the jails to avoid the Covid-19 infection.
- 10 hours ago 15 Jul 20, 1:41am -
- newCovid-19 on marksheets: Maha govt orders probe
The incident of Covid-19 being mentioned in the marksheets of students from Maharashtra's agriculture universities has come to light, following which state minister Dada Bhuse on Tuesday ordered an inquiry into the matter.
- 13 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 10:34pm -
- newFull marks in bankable subjects elude students
The number of students with full 100 marks in scoring subjects has gone down this year, school principals said after studying the standard XII results of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) In the humanities stream, performance in psychology and entrepreneurship subjects was not as expected, but students performed well in biology, computer science and information technology subjects.
- 18 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 5:38pm -
- newPune: LPG supply to sealed areas to be hit by 50%
LPG dealers expect a major disruption in the supply of cylinders to the micro-containment zones in the city during the 10-day total lockdown.
- 18 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 5:34pm -
- newCigarette prices skyrocket in grey market again
- 18 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 5:31pm -
- newBuilder gets daughter's lover murdered
(This story originally appeared in PuneMirror on July 14, 2020)
- 22 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 1:21pm -
- newPMC bars domestic helps for ten days
The civic body on Monday stated that domestic helps would not be allowed to work in households during the 10-day total lockdown beginning Tuesday.
- 23 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 12:47pm -
- newVegetables prices spurt in run-up to lockdown
The three-day window offered to citizens to stock up on vegetables and fruits before the 10-day total lockdown beginning Tuesday triggered a steep price rise with retailers cashing in on panic buying.
- 23 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 12:34pm -
- newIS case: NIA arrests two from Pune
The mother of the 22-year-old woman — arrested on Sunday by a National Investigation Agency (NIA) team with another man from Pune in connection with the Islamic State Khorasan Province (ISKP) case registered by the Delhi police in March — claimed that their family had no idea as to what for and on what grounds her daughter had been arrested.
- 23 hours ago 14 Jul 20, 12:28pm -