- newCET registrations in Maha decline by 1L this yr
Poor demand for engineering courses and low enrolment for higher secondary certificate (HSC) exams has brought down the registration for the state common entrance test for courses in engineering, architecture, pharmacy, among other professions.
- 9 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 10:29am -
- newB'deshi couple awaits travel papers for reunion with kids
The wait for emergency travel documents from Bangladesh has compelled Mohammed (31) and his wife, Majida (28), to spend their days at the Faraskhana police station in the city for over one-and-a-half months now.
- 5 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 10:25am -
- newPune: Conmen dupe bizman of Rs 1.24Cr in online scam
A 56-year-old businessman from Dhole Patil Road registered a complaint with the Pune cyber police on Monday stating that fraudsters duped him of Rs 1.24 crore in phases between 2018 and 2020 after convincing him to invest in their company dealing in oil seeds and oil.
- 30 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 9:50am -
- newPMR: Recoveries continue to stay ahead of fresh detections
The number of people recovering from Covid-19 (1,406) exceeded new cases (960) for the thid straight day in the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR) on Tuesday.
- 41 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 9:39am -
- newIMD issues fresh rain alert for 5 battered dists of Maha
The IMD has once again issued a heavy-to-very heavy rainfall (115.6mm-204.4mm) alert for five Maharashtra districts, which were recently battered by torrential rain, landslides and floods.
- 43 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 9:37am -
- newPlan ready to ease curbs in dists with low cases: Maha min
State health minister Rajesh Tope said on Tuesday that a new strategy for easing restrictions is being prepared for districts with lower than 1% weekly Covid positivity rate (WPR) or lesser than the state’s average (4.5% this week).
- 45 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 9:35am -
- newMaha sees 6,258 Covid cases, 254 deaths
- 6 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 4:32am -
- newLottery racket busted, one held in Jalna
- 7 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 3:38am -
- newMan beats, drags MSEDCL employee; held
Pune, electricity, MSEDCL, power distribution , Maval
- 7 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 3:35am -
- newMaharashtra rains: Toll 207 and 11 missing
The death toll in rain-related incidents in Maharashtra rose to 207 on Tuesday with the worst-hit Raigad district alone accounting for nearly 100 fatalities, while 11 persons are still missing, the state government said.
- 8 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 1:57am -
- newPortion of Beed dam razed amid opposition
- 11 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 11:07pm -
- newNagpur: Boy crushed to death by tractor roller
A five-year-old boy was crushed to death by a tractor roller at a village in Maharashtra's Nagpur district, police said on Tuesday.
- 12 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:20pm -
- newPune: 1.8L beneficiaries inoculated amid heavy rain
Over 1.85 lakh beneficiaries from the 18+ to 60 age groups were inoculated in the district from July 22 to 25, despite the heavy rainfall that had created havoc across the region.
- 24 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:27am -
- newPune: After long wait, small hospitals to begin Covid vax
Small hospitals/nursing homes struggling to procure Covid vaccine doses for almost two months are all set to begin Covid-19 vaccination on their premises in a day or two in the Pune Metropolitan Region (PMR). Despite having the permission to inoculate, these health facilities had remained out of the drive for more reasons than one since June 1.
- 24 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:27am -
- newMaharashtra: Register online for FYJC CET till August 2
The registration process for the common entrance test (CET) for admissions to first year junior college (FYJC, Std XI) has been resumed after it hit a technical snag last week and online enrolment was halted by the education department. Students will be able to resume filling the online forms till August 2
- 24 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:25am -
- new42 students caught cheating while appearing for SPPU tests
The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has caught 42 students, mostly from the engineering and technology fields, cheating while appearing for the online term exam, thanks to an audio proctoring feature that captures test-takers’ environment for additional sounds and noises.
- 24 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:24am -
- Pune: Rs 7.5 lakh stolen from Talegaon Dabhade ATM
Three unidentified men on Friday night opened a cash dispensing machine machine at an ATM outside a cooperative bank’s branch in Talegaon Dabhade, by using duplicate key and password, and stole Rs7.5 lakh.
- 1 day ago 27 Jul 21, 10:20am -
- Kolhapur: NH-48 reopened for all vehicles except 2-wheelers
The stretch of the Pune-Bengaluru National Highway (NH-48) near the Sangli phata in Kolhapur — that had been closed for nearly 60 hours after being inundated by the Panchaganga river water — reopened for heavy vehicles carrying essential supplies on Monday morning. Later in the day, other vehicles, barring two-wheelers, were also allowed to use two lanes of the highway.
- 1 day ago 27 Jul 21, 10:14am -
- Maharashtra first to fully vaccinate 1 crore citizens
Maharashtra has become the first state in the country to fully vaccinate over one crore people against Covid-19. As on Monday, the state had given two doses to 1,00,99,524 people—nearly 11% of the total 9,37,98,052 fully vaccinated across India—while 2.15crore have got the first jab.
- 1 day ago 27 Jul 21, 10:13am -
- Pune: Illegal parties busted at 2 clubs in midnight raids
Four persons, including the owners and managers of clubs, were booked while 30-40 partygoers were issued notices when police busted at least two illegal parties following midnight raids on clubs in the Undri and Kondhwa areas on Sunday.
- 1 day ago 27 Jul 21, 9:30am -