- Omicron variant: Mumbai airport puts necessary measures to implement Centre's latest COVID norms
Children under 5 years of age are exempted from both pre-arrival and post-arrival testing unless found symptomatic for COVID-19 on arrival or during the home quarantine period.
- 3 days ago 1 Dec 21, 6:13pm -
- Genome tests for passengers from South Africa: Mumbai Mayor; BMC calls meeting over Omicron variant
In the meeting, they will also discuss testing and contact tracing of passengers coming from other countries.
- 7 days ago 27 Nov 21, 2:17pm -
- 20-year-old girl raped, murdered in Mumbai's Kurla area
An 18-year-old boy with two of his friends was shooting a video in the building when they spotted the body of the victim who had serious head injuries.
- 7 days ago 27 Nov 21, 1:14pm -
- Param Bir Singh extortion case: Thane top cop Jai Jeet Singh seeks removal of special prosecutor
The Thane police chief said that 'having two special public prosecutors will affect the case' and hence requested to cancel the appointment of advocate Pradeep Gharat in the case.
- 7 days ago 27 Nov 21, 12:27pm -
- Ex-Mumbai top cop Param Bir Singh moves court, seeks cancellation of order declaring him 'absconder'
Singh, who has been declared 'absconding' by a Mumbai court, had arrived at Crime Branch unit 11 office in Kandivali to join the investigation of the Goregaon extortion case.
- 8 days ago 26 Nov 21, 11:01am -
- Tributes paid to martyrs on 13th anniversary of 2008 Mumbai terror attacks
Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar and state Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil paid their respects at the memorial at the police headquarters in south Mumbai.
- 8 days ago 26 Nov 21, 10:01am -
- 26/11 Episodes: Senior cop relives fighting terrorists at Cama Hospital with injured eye
1990-batch IPS officer Sadanand Date relives the time when he fought infamous terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab and his partner Abu Ismail while dodging grenade attacks.
- 8 days ago 26 Nov 21, 7:33am -
- Mumbai crime branch grills ex-CP Parambir Singh for seven hours in extortion case, suspension likely
Parambir Singh is facing five separate charges of extortion and corruption in which former state home minister Anil Deshmukh and dismissed Mumbai police officer Sachin Vaze have also been named.
- 8 days ago 25 Nov 21, 10:47pm -
- 'Param Bir destroyed Kasab's mobile': Ex-cop hits out at former Mumbai commissioner
Pathan had submitted a written complaint to the Mumbai Police Commissioner in July and asked him to investigate the entire matter and take necessary action against Singh.
- 8 days ago 25 Nov 21, 9:09pm -
- 2013 Mumbai gangrape case: 'Accused need to repent every day, night', says HC
The trio was awarded death penalty under the amended section 376 (e) of IPC which says maximum sentence of life or death can be awarded to repeat offenders.
- 9 days ago 25 Nov 21, 11:48am -
- Will join probe as directed by court: Param Bir Singh lands in Mumbai, appears before crime branch
The IPS officer, who is facing several extortion cases in Maharashtra, had told news channels that he was in Chandigarh.
- 9 days ago 25 Nov 21, 11:25am -
- Maharashtra woos medical, wellness tourists from UAE, Gulf region
Maharashtra signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the UAE and Oman to bring the state's wellness and healthcare tourism offerings to citizens and residents in these countries.
- 12 days ago 22 Nov 21, 7:32pm -
- Fire at automobile showroom's garage in Mumbai; none hurt
The blaze erupted in the garage of Sai Auto Hyundai Showroom, located on Saki Vihar Road in Powai, around 11 am, officials said.
- 16 days ago 18 Nov 21, 4:46pm -
- Mosquito-borne diseases like malaria and chikungunya bite Mumbai
Sources in the civic body, the BMC, said that 4,731 malaria cases with no fatality have been reported in the city and the number of cases was 5,007 with one death the previous year.
- 16 days ago 18 Nov 21, 9:30am -
- Actress Salma Agha's handbag snatched by motorbike-borne men; she alleges delay in FIR filing
She was travelling in an auto- rickshaw from her bungalow to a chemist shop in suburban Versova in the early hours of Saturday when the incident happened.
- 17 days ago 17 Nov 21, 8:50am -
- NCB officer Sameer Wankhede meets Mumbai police chief
The Narcotics Control Bureau is separately conducting a vigilance inquiry into the alleged extortion bid by agency officials, including Sameer Wankhede, for letting off Aryan Khan in the case.
- 17 days ago 17 Nov 21, 12:06am -
- Mumbai customs officials seize two luxury watches worth Rs 5 crore from Hardik Pandya at airport
Pandya was returning from Dubai after India was left to rue what could have been in the UAE after recording their third win.
- 18 days ago 16 Nov 21, 10:52am -
- Fire erupts in Mumbai industrial area; none hurt
Officials said the blaze erupted in the Havy Industrial Estate's compound located near the Kanjurmarg police station in eastern Mumbai at around 9.40 pm.
- 18 days ago 16 Nov 21, 12:21am -
- COVID-19 vaccine: Mumbai administers first dose to 100 per cent beneficiaries
Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope said 92,36,500 people in the metropolis have received the first dose, while 59,83,452 have got the second dose as well.
- 20 days ago 14 Nov 21, 12:48pm -
- Mumbai fourth genome sequencing series: 75 per cent samples infected with Delta variant, rest with Delta derivative
A release from Mumbai's civic body said 345 COVID-19 patient samples were tested in the fourth series batch at the Genome Sequencing Lab in Kasturba Hospital.
- 21 days ago 13 Nov 21, 7:51am -
- Cruise ship raid: Aryan Khan appears before NCB's Mumbai office to mark his weekly presence
Bombay High Court had issued a detailed bail order of Aryan Khan on October 29, which stated that he should appear before NCB every Friday and was asked to surrender his passport.
- 22 days ago 12 Nov 21, 2:55pm -
- Fire in Mumbai high-rise in Bandra, no casualty
Four fire engines and water tankers were rushed to the spot and the blaze was doused after about an hour.
- 23 days ago 11 Nov 21, 3:58pm -
- Third NBW issued against former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh
Param Bir Singh created a 'bad image' for Mumbai Police, special public prosecutor Shekhar Jagtap had earlier told the court.
- 24 days ago 10 Nov 21, 5:42pm -
- Sachin Waze a puppet in ED's hands: Mumbai Police's crime branch to court
Waze was remanded in the custody of the crime branch till November 13 in connection with an extortion case registered at suburban Goregaon in Mumbai.
- 25 days ago 9 Nov 21, 7:26pm -
- Antilia security scare: Mumbai Police traces driver of car whose passenger asked for address
The official said that the driver of that car, a private cab, was brought to the Azad Maidan police station here for questioning after the vehicle were traced to neighbouring Navi Mumbai late Monday.
- 25 days ago 9 Nov 21, 11:50am -
- NCB SIT formed to probe Aryan Khan and five other cases reaches Mumbai
The team which flew in from Delhi, visited the NCB's zonal office in south Mumbai in the afternoon, an official said.
- 28 days ago 6 Nov 21, 5:21pm -
- Nawab Malik says Sameer Wankhede "removed" from Aryan Khan case, official rubbishes claim
Wankhede rubbished the claim, adding there will now be coordination between Mumbai and Delhi NCB teams in these cases.
- 28 days ago 5 Nov 21, 8:32pm -
- Sameer Wankhede to no longer probe cruise drugs case; NCB transfers 6 cases to SIT
Sources said the agency has found "certain issues" in the probe in these six cases and hence they are being taken away from the Mumbai unit.
- 28 days ago 5 Nov 21, 8:15pm -
- Cruise drugs case: Aryan Khan appears before NCB to mark his weekly presence
This was Aryan Khan's first appearance at the NCB office after his release from the Arthur Road prison on October 30 following the bail granted by the Bombay High Court.
- 29 days ago 5 Nov 21, 1:10pm -
- Maharashtra records 1,141 coronavirus cases, 32 deaths
The coronavirus case tally in the state rose to 66,15,299, while the death toll reached 1,40,345, it added.
- 29 days ago 4 Nov 21, 9:50pm -
- Mumbai logs 262 new coronavirus cases, 6 deaths
The daily COVID-19 tests in the city remained above the 30,000-mark despite the ongoing Diwali festival.
- 29 days ago 4 Nov 21, 8:23pm -
- Mumbai Police nab two men for assaulting spiritual leader in Ahmednagar
The police on Wednesday apprehended Sarvar Sheikh and Aman Sheikh from Mogra Pada locality of Andheri, the official said.
- 30 days ago 4 Nov 21, 7:33pm -
- Discussion on MSRTC merger with Maharashtra government after Diwali: State transport minister
A section of MSRTC employees is on an unannounced strike since October 28 seeking merger of the cash-strapped corporation with the state government, according to union sources.
- 30 days ago 4 Nov 21, 12:08am -
- Maharashtra: BJP seeks minister Gadakh's resignation over suicide of 'former PA'
The BJP spokesperson claimed that as per Kale's video statement, he had been working with Gadakh for seven years.
- 30 days ago 3 Nov 21, 8:32pm -
- No COVID-19 vaccination at civic, government-run centres in Mumbai for next 4 days
The BMC's data showed the city's case doubling time was 1,596 days as on Tuesday and the average growth rate between October 26 and November 1 stood at 0.04 per cent.
- 31 days ago 3 Nov 21, 5:30pm -
- Properties attached by I-T dept have no links to Ajit Pawar: Nawab Malik
In a statement, Ajit Pawar's lawyer Prashant Patil said the I-T department has neither issued any notice to the Deputy CM nor any of his properties has been attached.
- 31 days ago 3 Nov 21, 12:38am -
- Nawab Malik spreading rumours, says Sameer Wankhede after 'expensive' clothes jibe
Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik has been making a series of allegations against Sameer Wankhede, from forging documents to get a government job to carrying out "bogus" drug raids.
- 31 days ago 2 Nov 21, 11:41pm -
- Molestation case against Congress leader, 4 others filed in Mumbai
The leader and the others were booked under IPC sections related to outraging modesty of a woman, criminal intimidation, voluntarily causing hurt, intentional insult and common intention, among others
- 32 days ago 2 Nov 21, 12:22am -
- Rahul Gandhi to address rally on December 28, ahead of Mumbai civic polls
Rahul Gandhi's address to the party will be ahead of the crucial polls to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), the country's richest civic body that the Congress once controlled.
- 32 days ago 1 Nov 21, 9:34pm -
- Mumbai court remands Sachin Waze to police custody till November 6 in extortion case
There were allegedly 68 audio clips where Sachin Waze was speaking about money to be extorted for "number one".
- 32 days ago 1 Nov 21, 8:58pm -
- Mumbai Crime Branch takes Sachin Waze's custody in extortion case
After taking Sachin Waze's custody, the crime branch personnel took him to the Esplanade court here to seek his further remand for interrogation in the case.
- 33 days ago 1 Nov 21, 3:03pm -
- Mumbai records 301 COVID-19 cases, three deaths
As many as 463 patients were discharged from hospitals during the day, taking the number of recovered cases to 7,32,889. As many as 37,058 coronavirus tests were conducted in the last 24 hours.
- 34 days ago 30 Oct 21, 11:14pm -
- Mumbai man forces woman to write 'suicide note' before killing her over financial dispute; held
The woman, 36, was found hanging at her residence in Navi Mumbai's Ghansoli on October 21 and the suicide note was recovered from the spot, he said.
- 35 days ago 30 Oct 21, 11:32am -
- Aryan Khan walks out after 26 days in Mumbai jail in cruise drugs case
Immediately after walking out of the prison, he entered a waiting car and drove to his house Mannat in suburban Bandra, 12 km away.
- 35 days ago 30 Oct 21, 11:15am -
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan set to walk out of Arthur Road prison after officials collect his release papers
While granting Aryan bail on Thursday in the drugs-on-cruise case, the Bombay High Court imposed 14 bail conditions on him, paving the way for his release from jail.
- 35 days ago 30 Oct 21, 7:56am -
- Drugs case: 25 days after arrest, Aryan gets HC bail; SRK fans, B-Town figures hail order
A single bench of Justice N W Sambre also granted bail to his co-accused Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha.
- 36 days ago 29 Oct 21, 12:59am -
- Mumbai sees 327 new COVID-19 cases, six deaths; active count stands at 4,115
A total of 32,688 tests were conducted in the last 24-hours, which took the cumulative test count to 1,13,44,009.
- 36 days ago 28 Oct 21, 7:41pm -
- COVID-19: Mumbai logs 420 new cases, four deaths; active tally at 4,161
There are 4,161 active cases in the city at present after 355 patients recuperated and got discharge from hospitals during the day, taking the total number of recoveries to 7,31,749.
- 37 days ago 27 Oct 21, 7:52pm -
- Mumbai police record statement of witness Sail over allegation of extortion bid in Aryan Khan case
Sail's lawyer Tushar Khandare claimed that his client was 'misused' during the Narcotics Control Bureau's raid on a cruise ship off the Mumbai coast on October 2.
- 38 days ago 27 Oct 21, 12:01am -
- Railways to operate Mumbai local at pre-pandemic level; travel restrictions unchanged
A joint statement issued by the CR and WR clarified that only categories identified by the government as on date are permitted to travel as per the standard operating procedures (SOP).
- 39 days ago 26 Oct 21, 9:22am -
- Cruise drugs case: After making claim of Rs 25 crore demand, NCB witness reaches Mumbai top cop's office
Prabhakar Sail visited the police commissioner's office apparently in connection with his security concern, an official said.
- 40 days ago 25 Oct 21, 12:42pm -
- Physiotherapist held for raping teenage girl with disabilities at Mumbai clinic
During a probe into the case, the police found that the accused allegedly used to rape the girl whenever she visited his clinic.
- 41 days ago 24 Oct 21, 11:20am -
- Security guard who fell to death from Mumbai high-rise was among those who rushed to rescue a family from fire
Arun Tiwari was trapped inside, a colleague said, adding that he probably could not find his way out as the fire was near the flat's door.
- 42 days ago 23 Oct 21, 12:39am -
- CBI chief Subodh Kumar Jaiswal responds to Mumbai Police's questions in SID data leak case
The cyber cell of the crime branch had summoned Subodh Kumar Jaiswal, asking him to be present on October 14 to record his statement.
- 42 days ago 22 Oct 21, 8:37pm -
- Cruise drug case: NCB detains 24-year-old peddler in Mumbai for questioning
As per NCB's statement, the drug peddler's name has emerged from the alleged 'drug chats' in the case.
- 43 days ago 22 Oct 21, 12:12pm -
- Thief in Mumbai jumps off jewellery store to evade police
The arrested accused had multiple cases to his name, the official said, adding that further investigation is underway.
- 45 days ago 19 Oct 21, 8:22pm -
- Man without limbs undergoes rare bilateral hand transplant surgery in Mumbai hospital
According to a statement issued by the hospital, the man from Rajasthan recently underwent a complex bilateral hand transplant surgery that lasted for nearly 13 hours.
- 46 days ago 19 Oct 21, 4:29pm -
- BMC allows reopening of cinema halls, drama theatres from October 22 with COVID-19 norms
Show times of cinema halls will have to be staggered, and the sale of only packaged food and beverages will be allowed.
- 46 days ago 19 Oct 21, 12:13am -
- Day after zero COVID-19 death, Mumbai reports four new fatalities, 373 fresh cases
The official said 543 patients were discharged from hospitals during the day, pushing the recovery count to 7,27,627.
- 46 days ago 18 Oct 21, 9:05pm -
- Mumbai: Three held from Gujarat, Rajasthan for blackmailing man with bathing video
Three people have been arrested from neighbouring Gujarat and Rajasthan for allegedly blackmailing and extorting money from a Mumbai resident.
- 46 days ago 18 Oct 21, 7:45pm -
- No Covid death in Mumbai after March 2020, survey shows vaccine efficiency
Mumbai did not report even a single death due to COVID-19 for the first time nearly since the pandemic broke out in March last year.
- 47 days ago 17 Oct 21, 8:27pm -
- NCB conducts raids in multiple parts of Mumbai against drug peddlers
Two weeks back, an NCB team led by its zonal director Sameer Wankhede, had raided a Goa-bound Cordelia cruise off Mumbai coast and allegedly seized drugs.
- 49 days ago 16 Oct 21, 5:02pm -
- Drugs case: Aryan Khan speaks to parents via video call from jail; gets Rs 4,500 via money-order
Aryan also received Rs 4,500 though money-order sent by his father, he said. Aryan (23) was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on October 3 from the cruise ship off the Mumbai coast.
- 50 days ago 15 Oct 21, 6:23pm -
- After snooping claims, Mumbai cops step up security of NCB officer Wankhede
Wankhede, who earlier this week claimed that two policemen were monitoring his movements, confirmed the development.
- 50 days ago 15 Oct 21, 12:52am -
- NDPS court to pass order on Aryan Khan's bail plea on October 20
Earlier, a magistrate's court had rejected the bail pleas of Aryan Khan, Munmun Dhamecha and Arbaaz Merchant.
- 51 days ago 14 Oct 21, 5:22pm -