- Developer asked to pay Rs 5 cr for delay in property hand over
The developer had approached the HC, challenging orders of RERA and the RERA Appellate Tribunal passed in January this year.
- 1 day ago 30 Sep 20, 6:32pm -
- MLA hostel in Mumbai evacuated after bomb scare
However, no bomb was found after a search in the premises and the phone call turned out to be a hoax, an official said on Tuesday.
- 3 days ago 29 Sep 20, 10:17am -
- 39-year-old man held for betting on IPL matches in Mumbai
Police picked up the accused, Vijay Khairnar, from a flat in Koparkharine area on Friday, said senior police inspector NB Kolhatkar, central crime unit.
- 5 days ago 26 Sep 20, 9:39pm -
- Mumbai Police warn media vehicles against car-chasing 'celebs' summoned by NCB
DCP Sangramsingh Nishandar warned the media against chasing any vehicles and threatened to seize the vehicles and take action against the drivers of those vehicles.
- 5 days ago 26 Sep 20, 7:46pm -
- Bombay HC orders release of three women sex workers detained in Mumbai
The high court held that since the women were not being prosecuted under the law, there was no question of continuing their detention at the correctional home.
- 6 days ago 26 Sep 20, 1:14pm -
- Did you act in other cases with same speed, HC asks BMC on Kangana Ranaut bungalow demolition
The Bollywood actor #39;s lawyer, senior counsel Birendra Saraf, told the court that the BMC gave her just 24 hours to respond to its stop-work notice.
- 6 days ago 25 Sep 20, 10:27pm -
- BMC to hold in-person public hearing on Saturday amid pandemic
Former BJP MP Kirit Somaiya criticised the BMC for inviting people, including senior citizens in person for the public hearing, and questioned the urgency of the project.
- 6 days ago 25 Sep 20, 8:03pm -
- Ranaut's bungalow: HC asks if BMC demolished only ongoing construction
As per the BMC, Ranaut had carried out several alterations without permission at her Pali Hill bungalow here, which were first noticed on September 5.
- 6 days ago 25 Sep 20, 7:44pm -
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh fly back to Mumbai from Goa ahead of NCB appearance
The NCB, which began the inquiry after a drugs angle came to light in connection with actor Sushant Singh Rajput #39;s alleged suicide, has now widened its investigation.
- 7 days ago 24 Sep 20, 9:15pm -
- Police deployed outside Deepika Padukone's Mumbai residence ahead of NCB appearance
A team from the Dadar police station has been deployed outside #39;Beaumonde Towers #39; in Prabhadevi, where the 34-year- old actor owns an apartment, as a precautionary measure.
- 7 days ago 24 Sep 20, 7:28pm -
- Mumbai: Police intervene as journalists scuffle outside NCB office over drugs case coverage
Videos of the incident, which took place at 10 am outside the Colaba guest house in south Mumbai where the NCB team is camping, have gone viral on social media.
- 7 days ago 24 Sep 20, 3:36pm -
- To prevent overcrowding, Central Railway increases local train services in Mumbai
With this, the total number of special services of CR in suburban Mumbai has gone up to 423 from 355 earlier.
- 7 days ago 24 Sep 20, 2:42pm -
- Transport services resume in Mumbai as rain intensity reduces
According to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), rain intensity has reduced and there is no waterlogging anywhere in the metropolis.
- 8 days ago 24 Sep 20, 11:44am -
- After incessant overnight rains, suburban train services resume partially in Mumbai
With waterlogged tracks, suburban services of both Central Railway and Western Railway were suspended early Wednesday morning.
- 8 days ago 23 Sep 20, 8:39pm -
- Five teams of NDRF on standby as heavy rains lash Mumbai, Maharashtra
Mumbai and neighbouring areas received intense spells of rain since Tuesday night, leaving many parts of the metropolis in waist deep water and disrupting rail and road traffic.
- 8 days ago 23 Sep 20, 6:37pm -
- Mumbai suburbs get over 280 mm rain in 24 hours, civic body announces closure of offices
Heavy showers overnight and early Wednesday morning caused waterlogging at many places in the metropolis, disrupting rail and road traffic.
- 9 days ago 23 Sep 20, 11:31am -
- Bombay High Court suspends hearings due to heavy rains
The bail pleas filed by actress Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty, both arrested in a drugs case related to the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput, were to be heard on Wednesday.
- 9 days ago 23 Sep 20, 11:24am -
- Heavy rains lead to waterlogging in several parts of Mumbai
On Wednesday morning, public transport services were hit and normal life affected in the financial capital due to heavy downpour and waterlogging.
- 9 days ago 23 Sep 20, 9:34am -
- Mumbai's KEM Hospital gets nod for clinical trials of Oxford COVID-19 vaccine
KEM Hospital Dean Dr Hemant Deshmukh said that post approval of the committee, screening of volunteers for the trials will begin from Wednesday.
- 9 days ago 23 Sep 20, 12:27am -
- Fire breaks out at Mumbai's Exchange Building at Ballard Estate housing NCB
Some office furniture and stationery were gutted in the fire which was caused due to a short-circuit
- 10 days ago 21 Sep 20, 5:19pm -
- Local train coach derails near Mumbai, no passenger hurt
According to the zonal railway, it was a middle first class coach, which was not crowded when the incident occurred.
- 13 days ago 19 Sep 20, 9:50am -
- Kangana Ranaut's plea seeking Rs 2 crore compensation should be dismissed with costs: BMC to High Court
In an affidavit, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) urged the court to dismiss Ranaut #39;s petition and impose a cost on her for filing such a plea.
- 13 days ago 18 Sep 20, 10:41pm -
- Building part collapses in liquid nitrogen tank blast in Mumbai; one hurt
The tank, which had capacity to store 250 liters of liquid nitrogen, suddenly exploded in the lab housed in the building, the official said.
- 14 days ago 18 Sep 20, 1:09pm -
- Prohibitory orders in Mumbai extended till September 30; Maharashtra state buses to operate with full passenger capacity from Friday
Currently MSRTC buses are being run at half the passenger capacity in view of the coronavirus pandemic.
- 14 days ago 17 Sep 20, 9:27pm -
- Sushant case: Human rights body gives clean chit to Maharashtra government over Rhea's morgue visit
Maharashtra SHRC acting chairman MA Sayeed said that Rhea was only in the permitted #39;waiting area #39; of the the Cooper Hospital morgue.
- 15 days ago 16 Sep 20, 5:29pm -
- Buildings with 10 or more COVID-19 cases to be sealed in Mumbai
The BMC health department issued the revised protocols after civic chief Iqbal Singh Chahal held a meeting to review the COVID situation.
- 16 days ago 16 Sep 20, 1:17pm -
- Kangana seeks compensation of Rs 2 crore from BMC for 'illegal' demolition
After the BMC demolished what it termed as illegal alterations at the quot;Queen quot; actor #39;s bungalow at Pali Hill in suburban Bandra on September 9, Ranaut moved the high court.
- 16 days ago 15 Sep 20, 5:41pm -
- With BJP-RSS now, says former Navy man after meeting Maharashtra Governor
Madan Sharma was attacked after posting on his housing society #39;s WhatsApp group a cartoon lampooning Chief Minister and Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
- 16 days ago 15 Sep 20, 3:40pm -
- Dharavi reports 23 new COVID-19 patients; active cases at 156
The civic body has, however, stopped sharing death figures from Dharavi since the past more than two months.
- 17 days ago 14 Sep 20, 7:27pm -
- Kangana-Sena row continues as party's Anil Parab asks actress to shift for likening Mumbai to PoK
Parab #39;s comments came hours after the actress left Mumbai for her native Himachal Pradesh, tweeting she has been terrorised with #39;constant attacks and abuses #39;.
- 17 days ago 14 Sep 20, 6:42pm -
- Mumbai hospital hands over body to wrong family; two staffers suspended
Sarvade was admitted to the Sion Hospital on August 28 and was on life support since an operation was performed on him.
- 18 days ago 14 Sep 20, 11:37am -
- Not even a semblance of justice in case: Military veterans on attack on ex-Navy official
Madan Sharma was roughed up and slapped at his residential complex in suburban Kandivali on Friday morning for allegedly forwarding on WhatsApp a cartoon lampooning Uddhav Thackeray.
- 18 days ago 14 Sep 20, 2:42am -
- Unfortunate that BJP backing Kangana Ranaut who insulted Mumbai: Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut
Sanjay Raut claimed there is a systematic effort to reduce the importance of Mumbai, and constantly defaming the city is part of that conspiracy.
- 19 days ago 13 Sep 20, 1:21pm -
- Six Shiv Sena workers, who assaulted retired Navy officer for sharing Uddhav's cartoon, get bail
All the six accused were arrested by the Mumbai police overnight after an FIR was registered in connection with the incident on Friday.
- 20 days ago 12 Sep 20, 1:07pm -
- NCB conducts raids in Mumbai against drug traffickers
The Mumbai zone of the NCB conducted these raids based on specific information.
- 20 days ago 12 Sep 20, 12:26pm -
- After nearly two months, over 30 new COVID-19 cases in Dharavi
Of total 2,883 COVID-19 patients from Dharavi, 2,489 have been already discharged from hospitals.
- 20 days ago 11 Sep 20, 5:57pm -
- 11 more test COVID-19 positive in Dharavi; active cases in slum rises to 102
Meanwhile, the tally of COVID-19 cases in the G-north civic ward, that houses Dharavi, Mahim and Dadar, among other areas, rose to 8,308.
- 21 days ago 10 Sep 20, 6:17pm -
- Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar tests positive for COVID-19
In a tweet written in Marathi, Mumbai Mayor Pednekar said #39;As I don #39;t have any symptoms I have home quarantined myself as per the doctor #39;s advice. #39;
- 22 days ago 10 Sep 20, 1:52pm -
- Rhea Chakraborty sent to Byculla jail, lawyer likely file bail application on Thursday
The chief metropolitan magistrate court sent the 28-year-old actor to 14 days of judicial custody.
- 22 days ago 9 Sep 20, 9:30pm -
- Kangana Ranaut compares Mumbai to Pakistan after BMC demolition at property
The BMC had on Tuesday served a quot;stop-work quot; notice to Ranaut for alleged unauthorised construction in her office in Mumbai.
- 23 days ago 9 Sep 20, 1:51pm -
- Mumbai airport rolls out contactless check-in system for passengers
The technologies include common use self-service check-in kiosks, self-baggage drop counters, and e-gates that allow passengers to scan their boarding pass to proceed to security check.
- 23 days ago 8 Sep 20, 5:13pm -
- 15 more COVID-19 cases reported from Mumbai's Dharavi area
The tally of the country #39;s novel coronavirus cases has increased to 8356 on Sunday of which 716 have been cured and discharged, and 273 have succumbed to the virus.
- 23 days ago 8 Sep 20, 4:37pm -
- Mumbai Police transfers case registered by Rhea Chakraborty against Sushant's sister, others to CBI
Chakraborty had filed a complaint before Mumbai Police requesting that a FIR be registered against Sushant #39;s sister Priyanka Singh and Dr Tarun Kumar of Delhi #39;s RML Hospital.
- 24 days ago 8 Sep 20, 12:47pm -
- Illegal construction: BMC posts notice at Kangana Ranaut's Mumbai bungalow
The BMC has asked Kangana to respond within 24 hours to let the civic body know if she had any approvals for the work.
- 24 days ago 8 Sep 20, 12:04pm -
- Mumbai reports 1,788 COVID-19 fresh cases; 1,541 discharged
The civic body said with 1,541 more patients discharged from hospitals, the number of recovered cases increased to 1,25,019.
- 24 days ago 7 Sep 20, 11:16pm -
- Kangana Ranaut claims civic body may demolish her Mumbai office
Kangana #39;s recent remark comparing Mumbai to Pakistan- occupied Kashmir (PoK) has drawn ire of the ruling Shiv Sena whose leaders are targeting the BJP for defending her.
- 24 days ago 7 Sep 20, 5:28pm -
- Mumbaikar held for uploading online videos spreading fake news in Sushant case
The action was taken by the Mumbai Police #39;s cyber wing against the accused, Omar Sarvagnya, after the videos were found to be defamatory and damaging the image of state government and city police.
- 25 days ago 6 Sep 20, 6:12pm -
- Work from home a new normal but hits productivity: Mumbaikars
Many people also complain of lack of professional environment and privacy at home, but say this is the new normal which they have to accept.
- 26 days ago 6 Sep 20, 11:45am -
- 2.7 magnitude earthquake hits Mumbai, second in last 24 hours
Two low-intensity earthquakes were experienced in Palghar district of Maharashtra, as well an official said on Saturday.
- 27 days ago 5 Sep 20, 11:38am -
- Kangana Ranaut's comments on Mumbai, its cops ridiculous: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh
Deshmukh hailed the Mumbai Police, saying they are often compared with the Scotland Yard of the UK.
- 27 days ago 4 Sep 20, 5:02pm -
- Act against those defaming Mumbai police: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut on Kangana Ranaut
Raut on Friday said that Mumbai police had protected the city from all obstacles by sacrificing their lives.
- 27 days ago 4 Sep 20, 4:38pm -
- Don't come back if you're scared of Mumbai Police: Shiv Sena's Sanjay Raut tells Kangana Ranaut
The actress had tweeted that she would require security either from Haryana or Central government and would not accept protection from Mumbai police to expose the alleged #39;drug mafia #39; in Bollywood.
- 28 days ago 3 Sep 20, 8:27pm -
- Sule welcomes Maha govt's move to reserve Aarey land as forest
Sule said while they all support development, it cannot be achieved at the cost of the environment.
- 28 days ago 3 Sep 20, 5:43pm -
- 12 new coronavirus patients found in Dharavi
Dharavi, considered as the largest slum in Asia with a population over 6.5 lakh, is spread over 2.5 square km.
- 29 days ago 2 Sep 20, 7:44pm -
- One dead, six rescued after parts of multi-storey building collapse in Mumbai
As many as six people were safely rescued by Mumbai Fire Brigade and no casualties have been reported so far.
- 29 days ago 2 Sep 20, 7:42pm -
- Portion of residential building collapses in Mumbai, 7 rescued
A 65-year-old woman, who was trapped under a staircase of the building, was rescued.
- 29 days ago 2 Sep 20, 1:59pm -
- No DJs, street dancing: Mumbai bid farewell to Lord Ganesh without much fanfare
The immersion of idols, which began on Tuesday morning on the occasion of #39;Anant Chaturdashi #39;, marking culmination of the festivities, continued till the early hours of Wednesday.
- 30 days ago 2 Sep 20, 11:39am -
- Devotees bid farewell to Lord Ganesh in subdued manner in Mumbai
Till Tuesday noon, a total of 492 Ganesh idols, including 16 from public pandals and 476 installed by residents at home, were immersed at various visarjan points here, an official said.
- 30 days ago 1 Sep 20, 3:05pm -
- Four killed as speeding car hits footpath in Mumbai
Prima facie, the incident occurred when the driver of the car lost his control over the vehicle in Crawford Market area, an official said.
- 31 days ago 1 Sep 20, 1:18am -
- Sexual harassment case filed against media house official in Mumbai
The complainant alleged that the accused had touched her inappropriately and sought sexual favours, and when she refused to give in to the demand, she was sacked, the police official said.
- 32 days ago 31 Aug 20, 11:51am -
- Mumbai Police urge people to avoid crowding for Muharram procession
As per the court order, members of the Shia Muslim community will be permitted to carry out the procession on August 30.
- 33 days ago 29 Aug 20, 5:08pm -
- Bombay High Court grants permission for Muharram procession while practicing COVID-19 protocols
The petitioner urged the court to grant permission to carry out the procession this year as well, albeit with limited number of people and with necessary precautions.
- 34 days ago 28 Aug 20, 6:38pm -
- Mumbai diary
Parth Pawar began his political career with a big loss in the 2019 Lok Sabha polls, and wants to be a more active politician.
- 35 days ago 28 Aug 20, 9:21am -
- Old woman, girl killed as part of three-storey building collapses in Mumbai
According to officials, five fire engines, a quick response vehicle and ambulances reached the spot and the rescue operation is underway.
- 35 days ago 27 Aug 20, 6:48pm -
- Fire at building in Mumbai's Fort area doused after six hours
A 22-year-old man received burn injuries in the fire which erupted in Bahubali building on Kawasji Patel Road in Fort around 7.15 pm on Wednesday.
- 36 days ago 27 Aug 20, 12:03pm -