- newThree tax inspectors among four held for illegal raid in Mumbai, Rs 11 lakh extortion
The incident in the office of property owner Jotikumar Jain took place on June 14 and the four were arrested on Thursday, an official said.
- 32 mins ago 17 Sep 21, 6:40pm -
- Mumbai: Man tells police he is going to end life over row with fiancee, changes mind post resolution
The man, Dinesh Gupta, a resident of suburban Kandivali, called the police control room at around 11 am, saying he is going to end his life within 30 minutes because of a dispute with his fiancee.
- 1 day ago 16 Sep 21, 6:11pm -
- Man held for molesting five-year-old girl in Mumbai's Jogeshwari
An official said that the police nabbed the accused from Kasam Nagar locality of Jogeshwari in the early hours of the day
- 1 day ago 16 Sep 21, 2:08pm -
- Over 66,000 idols immersed on fifth day of Ganpati festival in Mumbai
Of the total immersed idols, 1,193 were of Ganpati #39;Sarvajanik #39; (public) mandals, 59,153 household Ganesh idols and 5,953 idols of Goddess Gauri.
- 2 days ago 15 Sep 21, 11:15am -
- Mumbai police chief Hemant Nagrale orders 'Nirbhaya squad' at each station, intensified patrolling
The instructions came in the aftermath of the brutal rape and murder of a woman in suburban Sakinaka last week, which bore some similarity to the 2012 #39;Nirbhaya #39; gang-rape case of Delhi.
- 3 days ago 14 Sep 21, 6:10pm -
- Four-year-old girl knocked down by two-wheeler in Ulhasnagar dies in Mumbai hospital
An official said that Nishita Gautam, who was crossing the road at the time, was severely injured in the accident, which took place in Subhash Tekdi area under Vithalwadi police station limits.
- 3 days ago 14 Sep 21, 4:54pm -
- Man held for molesting seven-year-old girl in Mumbai's Andheri
The accused had been molesting the girl for the last few days, but on Monday, the victim #39;s mother caught him in the act and alerted her other family members.
- 3 days ago 14 Sep 21, 4:06pm -
- Ganpati Visarjan: 80 idols immersed in Mumbai water bodies on fifth day of festival
According to the civic body, no #39;sarvajanik #39; (public) Ganpati idols were immersed till afternoon and no untoward incidents have been reported from any part of the city.
- 3 days ago 14 Sep 21, 2:58pm -
- Rash driving: Case filed against businessman for entering Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray's convoy
The incident took place around 7 pm on Monday in the Malabar Hill area of South Mumbai where the CM had gone for a meeting with home department and senior police officials.
- 3 days ago 14 Sep 21, 2:28pm -
- Despite Sakinaka rape incident, Mumbai is 'safest city' for women: Shiv Sena
An editorial in the Sena mouthpiece #39;Saamana #39; said the recent incidents of crime against women in Maharashtra were a #39;blot #39; on the state #39;s culture and the feeling of anger among people was justified.
- 4 days ago 13 Sep 21, 1:17pm -
- Maharashtra: Fire in parking area of Thane housing complex, eight vehicles gutted
No person was injured in the incident that took in the residential complex located on Pokhran Road No.2, Thane Municipal Corporation #39;s regional disaster management cell chief Santosh Kadam said.
- 4 days ago 13 Sep 21, 12:24pm -
- Man rapes teenage girl after attacking her with hammer in Ulhasnagar near Mumbai, arrested
The accused then forcibly took her to a shanty near the railway station and raped her and when the victim tried to flee from the spot later, he caught hold of her and beat her up.
- 5 days ago 12 Sep 21, 6:44pm -
- Mumbai rape case: National Commission for Women team meets victim's kin, visits crime spot
The 34-year-old woman was raped and brutalised with a rod by a man inside a stationary tempo in suburban Sakinaka in the wee hours of Friday.
- 5 days ago 12 Sep 21, 1:37pm -
- Mumbai woman who was raped, assaulted with rod in private parts dies in hospital
The victim was fighting for her life at the Rajawadi Hospital since the early hours of Friday, an official said.
- 6 days ago 11 Sep 21, 1:40pm -
- Court allows Sachin Waze's plea to get treatment in Mumbai-based hospital
Sachin Waze, an accused in the Antilia bomb scare-Mansukh Hiran murder case, is currently admitted to a hospital in Thane.
- 8 days ago 9 Sep 21, 4:44pm -
- Mumbai Diary: Raigad Collector shunted to secretariat
Raigad collector Nidhi Choudhari known for her effective handling of the Taliye landslide and other natural calamities has been transferred.
- 8 days ago 9 Sep 21, 7:29am -
- Mumbai court temporarily blocks game 'Selmon Bhoi' based on Salman's Khan's hit-and-run incident
The court restrained the makers of the game, Parody Studios Pvt Ltd and its directors, from disseminating, launching, re-launching and recreating the game or any other content relating to the actor.
- 9 days ago 8 Sep 21, 12:47pm -
- Mumbai crosses one crore COVID-19 vaccination mark: BMC data
According to the BMC, 71,61,427 beneficiaries have been given the first dose of the vaccine, while 28,80,152 have received both shots.
- 9 days ago 8 Sep 21, 10:37am -
- In just six days of September, Mumbai logs over 28 per cent of total COVID-19 cases recorded in August: BMC data
The spike in the cases has left the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) officials worried ahead of the festive season beginning on September 10 with the #39;Ganesh Chaturthi #39;.
- 10 days ago 7 Sep 21, 10:42am -
- Fire in Mumbai high-rise building; no casualty
The fire brigade received a call at 1.53 am about the blaze in the flat located on the 17th floor of the #39;Marathon #39; building in Gandhi Nagar locality of Worli, a fire official said.
- 12 days ago 5 Sep 21, 2:57pm -
- Mumbai: 1.3 lakh vaccinated on Saturday; city top in terms of population covered
Brihanmumbai Municipal Commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal said 30 per cent of the city #39;s eligible beneficiaries have been administered the second dose as well.
- 12 days ago 5 Sep 21, 11:19am -
- Fire in residential building in Mumbai's Borivali, fireman injured
The fire was extinguished by around 9.30 am, the official said, adding that Badhak was admitted to Shatabdi Hospital in Kandivali and discharged after treatment.
- 13 days ago 4 Sep 21, 1:34pm -
- Mumbai reports over 400 coronavirus cases for third day, 303 more recover
The city has been witnessing a steady rise in COVID-19 cases the day after reporting 190 infections on August 16, which was the lowest daily count since April 2020.
- 14 days ago 3 Sep 21, 9:09pm -
- COVID: RT-PCR mandatory for foreign arrivals in Mumbai; vaccination rate goes up
A total of 97 lakh vaccine doses have been administered at civic-run vaccination centres and private hospitals in the city to date, according to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).
- 15 days ago 2 Sep 21, 10:03am -
- Mumbai: MNS activists booked for holding 'Dahi Handi' event at Worli; two held
Two MNS activists have been arrested, while a search has been launched to nab the others, an official said.
- 17 days ago 31 Aug 21, 3:09pm -
- Mumbai: Param Bir Singh deposits Rs 50,000 in CM's fund imposed for non-compliance of summons
The Commission had summoned Singh thrice but he had failed to appear in two hearings, while a third was attended by his lawyer.
- 17 days ago 31 Aug 21, 12:57pm -
- Mumbai: MNS workers booked for violating COVID-19 norms on Janmashtami
Mumbai Police has registered a case under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against the MNS workers, in violation of the state govt order issued in wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 17 days ago 31 Aug 21, 12:50pm -
- COVID-19: Mumbai civic body decides to post cops at entrance of sealed buildings
No one would be allowed to enter sealed buildings, while people who come to provide various services would also be stopped.
- 17 days ago 31 Aug 21, 10:16am -
- Antilia bomb scare: Court allows dismissed Mumbai cop Sachin Waze to seek treatment at hospital
Waze, currently in judicial custody, had told the court through his lawyer that three of his arteries had #39;90 per cent blockage #39;.
- 18 days ago 30 Aug 21, 5:28pm -
- Mumbai: 18 inmates of Mankhurd children's home found COVID-19 positive in three days
Fifteen of these children were found infected on Friday, following which they were shifted to an isolation ward in Chembur.
- 18 days ago 30 Aug 21, 10:04am -
- 15 injured in explosion of LPG cylinder in Mumbai's Dharavi slum, five of them critical
Of the five persons who have suffered critical injuries in the incident, one is an eight-year-old boy, the fire brigade official said.
- 19 days ago 29 Aug 21, 5:18pm -
- Mumbai: NCB arrests Bollywood actor Armaan Kohli in drugs case
Kohli was questioned by the NCB on Saturday after banned drugs were allegedly recovered from his house in Mumbai.
- 19 days ago 29 Aug 21, 10:48am -
- Amitabh Bachchan's police bodyguard transferred amid reports of 'Rs 1.5 crore annual income'
The head constable, Jitendra Shinde, has been moved to D B Marg Police Station in South Mumbai as part of a routine transfer, an official said.
- 21 days ago 27 Aug 21, 12:07pm -
- Extortion case registered against three cops: Mumbai Police
A businessman has registered a case at Amboli police station in Mumbai. The DCP and two other police officers are accused of extorting Rs 17 lakh.
- 22 days ago 26 Aug 21, 3:29pm -
- Fishermen protest against plan to shift them from Mumbai's Crawford Market
The Crawford Market acts like an agriculture produce marketing committee (APMC) of fish trade and shifting vendors to Airoli would affect the business.
- 22 days ago 26 Aug 21, 9:32am -
- Mumbai Youth Congress leader resigns after appointment of 'non-political, inexperienced person'
This comes following the appointment of Zeeshan Siddiqui as the Mumbai Youth Congress President and Thakur as the working president on August 15, 2021.
- 23 days ago 25 Aug 21, 12:41pm -
- BMC sets up Covid vaccination centre for transgenders, LGBT community in Mumbai
In the first few hours of the centre, located in Saint Joseph School under the BMC #39;s N Ward limits, being operational, some 100 transgenders and LGBT community members received vaccine doses.
- 24 days ago 24 Aug 21, 5:59pm -
- 71-year-old among two held by Mumbai police for extorting money from businessman
One of the accused, Anant Shetty (49), was nabbed from Karnataka on Thursday, while the other person, Hemant Bankar (71) was arrested from his residence in Worli area of Mumbai.
- 26 days ago 22 Aug 21, 4:35pm -
- College student held for sodomising nine-year-old boy in Mumbai
An official said that the incident took place on Friday afternoon when the nine-year-old boy was playing outside his house.
- 26 days ago 22 Aug 21, 1:30pm -
- Fourth extortion case filed against Mumbai ex-Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh in a month
On July 22, Marine Drive police station in Mumbai had registered an FIR against Singh, five other police personnel, and two more persons for allegedly demanding Rs 15 crore from a builder.
- 27 days ago 21 Aug 21, 12:27pm -
- Mumbai: MNC executive accuses husband of unnatural sex, FIR lodged
According to an official, the victim, who works in a multi-national company, had approached the Powai police station in suburban Mumbai with her complaint.
- 29 days ago 19 Aug 21, 6:42pm -
- BJP will win 2022 Mumbai civic body polls: Union Minister Narayan Rane
Rane paid homage to Shiv Sena supremo late Balasaheb Thackeray at his memorial here on Thursday despite opposition from Sena MP Vinayak Raut.
- 29 days ago 19 Aug 21, 2:33pm -
- Mumbai: Two held with country-made pistols, bullets by crime branch
Based on a tip-off, the unit-VII of the crime branch laid a trap on the Eastern Express Highway on Tuesday evening and nabbed two people from Vikhroli.
- 30 days ago 18 Aug 21, 4:32pm -
- Mumbai's public gardens, beaches to remain open from 6 am to 10 pm as COVID curbs relaxed
The BMC on Sunday issued fresh guidelines under #39;Break the Chain #39; programme, using powers conferred by the Maharashtra government to decide the timings.
- 32 days ago 16 Aug 21, 10:21am -
- Student sends threat mails to Mumbai University over results, let off with warning
A probe began after MU officials approached BKC police station informing about these mails that had been sent on July 9 and 10.
- 34 days ago 14 Aug 21, 8:26pm -
- Mumbai court denies pre-arrest bail plea of man accused of showing TV, OTT content illegally
A court here has denied pre-arrest bail to a man accused of allegedly showing content from OTT and television channels in an unauthorised manner.
- 34 days ago 14 Aug 21, 8:17pm -
- No new COVID-19 case in Mumbai's Dharavi; active infections at 11
This is the fifth day in a fortnight that the slum-dominated area has not reported any fresh cases.
- 34 days ago 14 Aug 21, 5:40pm -
- Mumbai: Five NCB officials injured during raid; Nigerian national held with drugs worth over Rs 1cr
The incident took place in a swampy area near the railway tracks in Mankhurd on Thursday night, the official said.
- 35 days ago 13 Aug 21, 7:22pm -
- Dead dolphin washes ashore Mumbai's Juhu beach
Earlier this year, a few dead dolphins had washed ashore at separate spots along the city #39;s west coast.
- 35 days ago 13 Aug 21, 2:40pm -
- Petrol-filled bottle hurled towards runway at Mumbai airport
A petrol-filled bottle was recovered by the bomb detection team and it was later disposed of, the sources said.
- 36 days ago 12 Aug 21, 10:21pm -
- No new Covid infection in Dharavi for third time in August; active cases at 25
Earlier on August 3 and 8, no new case was detected in the slum- dominated area, once a COVID-19 hotspot.
- 37 days ago 11 Aug 21, 5:03pm -
- 1,317 bed-ridden people given Covid vaccine in Mumbai, no case of adverse reaction: BMC tells HC
The Centre had earlier expressed its inability to introduce the door-to-door vaccination drive on the ground of wastage of vaccines and risk of adverse reactions.
- 37 days ago 11 Aug 21, 4:20pm -
- Self-proclaimed godman held for rape in Mumbai
Based on a complaint lodged by the 37-year-old victim, the police arrested Pranav Shukla alias Pranavanand Maharaj on Sunday.
- 38 days ago 10 Aug 21, 11:14pm -
- Extortion case: Mumbai court grants pre-arrest bail to accused politician
Additional sessions judge DD Koche allowed the anticipatory bail application of Mallikarjun Pujari, who has dubbed the case against him as false.
- 38 days ago 10 Aug 21, 10:19pm -
- Mumbai suburban trains: Offline verification for issuing travel passes from Thursday
Besides, help desks will be set up at 56 suburban stations falling in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region by the respective authorities.
- 38 days ago 10 Aug 21, 8:03pm -
- Mumbai: Man held at airport with drugs in intestine
A man who had concealed drugs inside his intestine was nabbed at Mumbai international airport on Monday.
- 39 days ago 9 Aug 21, 10:19pm -
- Covid-19: Mumbai locals to resume for fully vaccinated individuals from August 15
CM Uddhav Thackeray also said that they have called the health task force meeting on August 9 where more restrictions will be relaxed.
- 40 days ago 8 Aug 21, 9:41pm -
- Man wanted in Mumbai house-breaking case caught after nine years
Jhaaba, along with his accomplices allegedly broke into a house in Kurla area here in 2012 and decamped with cash, ornaments, mobile phone and other items.
- 40 days ago 8 Aug 21, 1:19pm -
- 58 patients evacuated after LPG leakage at Mumbai's Kasturba Hospital, all safe
The incident occurred around 11.34 am at building number 148 of the Kasturba Hospital in Mumbai #39;s Chinchpokli area.
- 41 days ago 7 Aug 21, 2:17pm -
- Pornography case: HC dismisses applications by Raj Kundra, Ryan Thorpe seeking immediate bail
Kundra was arrested by police on July 19 along with 11 other people on charges related to the alleged creation of pornographic films.
- 41 days ago 7 Aug 21, 11:40am -
- Mumbai Police detain two after bomb scare at three railway stations, Amitabh Bachchan's residence
As per Mumbai Police #39;s statement, an unidentified caller threatened to bomb three railway stations and actor Amitabh Bachchan bungalow, which turned out to be a hoax call.
- 41 days ago 7 Aug 21, 10:53am -
- 10 held after raid at Mumbai bar for violation of COVID-19 norms; four women rescued
A team led by DCP Vishal Thakur conducted the raid, he said, quot;At least 10 male customers, who were present there, were arrested, and four women found serving them were rescued, quot; he said.
- 42 days ago 6 Aug 21, 10:37am -
- Oil spill turns sand at Mumbai's Juhu Beach black
Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar said that the administration will inspect the situation at the beach.
- 43 days ago 5 Aug 21, 8:37pm -
- Senior citizen falls prey to online fraud in Mumbai, loses Rs 4 lakh
The incident came to light when the senior citizen lodged a complaint of cheating, alleging that he had lost savings to the tune of Rs 4 lakh, an official said.
- 43 days ago 5 Aug 21, 5:56pm -
- 602 bed-ridden people given COVID-19 vaccine at home in Mumbai: BMC tells Bombay HC
As per the state government #39;s policy, bed-ridden or immobile people can register themselves for home vaccination through the CoWIN portal.
- 43 days ago 5 Aug 21, 12:19pm -