- newDharavi slum: Tally of COVID-19 patients rises to 13; two dead
Dharavi is one of the biggest slums in Asia where nearly 15 lakh people live in small shanties, making it one of the most congested areas of the metropolis.
- 20 hours ago 9 Apr 20, 12:05am -
- Two new COVID-19 cases in Dharavi; slum area tally rises to nine
Among the new patients are a 25-year-old man from Mukund Nagar locality and a 35-year-old man from Dhanwada chawl, a civic official said.
- 1 day ago 8 Apr 20, 1:32pm -
- COVID-19: Two more cases from Mumbai's Dharavi among fresh 116 add to BMC's worries
The total number of coronavirus positive cases in Mumbai now stands at 642 with 40 deaths so far, including six new victims, a BMC release said.
- 1 day ago 8 Apr 20, 8:30am -
- Mumbai COVID-19 tally mounts to 590 with 100 new deaths: BMC
The death toll rose to 40 with five people succumbing to the infection, the BMC stated in a release.
- 2 days ago 7 Apr 20, 8:30pm -
- Two new COVID-19 cases in Mumbai's Dharavi; slum area tally seven
The two men, aged 80 and 49 years, hail from Dr Baliga Nagar locality of Dharavi and are close contacts of a 30- year-old woman who earlier tested positive for coronavirus, the official said.
- 2 days ago 7 Apr 20, 1:47pm -
- Biker spits on Manipuri woman in Mumbai, police file FIR
An unidentified biker spat on a Manipuri woman in Santacruz in Mumbai on Monday while she was walking on a road.
- 3 days ago 7 Apr 20, 12:32am -
- Sex workers in Mumbai's red light area struggle to survive amid COVID-19 lockdown
The sex workers here facing difficulties in meeting day-to-day needs of themselves and their families due to the lockdown.
- 3 days ago 6 Apr 20, 4:38pm -
- Mumbai's Wockhardt hospital shut as 29 health workers test positive for COVID-19
More than 20 nurses, and three doctors have tested positive for COVID-19 in a hospital in Mumbai which recently turned into a coronavirus hotspot.
- 3 days ago 6 Apr 20, 3:12pm -
- Mumbai man claims coronavirus a government conspiracy; arrested
An official identified him as Shamim Iftekhar Khan, a resident of Qureshi Nagar in Kurla East.
- 4 days ago 5 Apr 20, 10:36pm -
- Mumbai becomes epicentre of COVID-19 positive cases and death reports
In Mumbai, there are 211 contaminated localities and Vijay Khabale, spokesperson of BMC said they are also using the cluster contaminated strategy.
- 4 days ago 5 Apr 20, 10:19pm -
- Alleging less facilities, two Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation staffers flee COVID-19 quarantine
He said the duo were put into quarantine at VN Desai Municipal Hospital in suburban Santacruz after they came into contact with a person, who later died of COVID-19.
- 4 days ago 5 Apr 20, 8:01pm -
- Fighing the virus: BMC launches dedicated COVID-19 clinics in Mumbai
Each of these clinics will be managed by a team comprising a doctor and a nurse, which will be supported by another doctor for collecting swabs of clinically symptomatic cases.
- 5 days ago 4 Apr 20, 3:46pm -
- 11 CISF personnel test positive for COVID-19 in Navi Mumbai
It is suspected that they caught the infection while on duty at the Mumbai International Airport, the official said.
- 6 days ago 4 Apr 20, 12:30am -
- Mumbai Police draws parallels between 2011 World Cup win and anti-COVID-19 measures to inspire people
We are sitting at home, waiting for India to chase our target out, Mumbai Police tweeted.
- 6 days ago 3 Apr 20, 4:43pm -
- Nizamuddin-like event near Mumbai was averted in March: Uddhav Government
A two-day mega religious programme was planned in Vasai, on outskirts of Mumbai, but the home department denied permission for it after initially giving the go-ahead.
- 7 days ago 3 Apr 20, 12:56am -
- Dharavi COVID-19 death: Contact tracing, testing as per protocol being conducted, says government
Several small-scale industries and workshops of leather goods, pottery and textiles operate from the slum colony spread over 613 acres.
- 7 days ago 2 Apr 20, 9:46pm -
- Muslim COVID-19 victim denied burial in Mumbai, cremated
The patient, a resident of Collector Compound in Malwani, died at a civic-run hospital in Jogeshwari East early on Wednesday.
- 7 days ago 2 Apr 20, 3:45pm -
- BMC sanitation worker in Mumbai's Worli tests positive for COVID-19
The sanitation worker in the Solid Waste Management Department of the BMC is a resident of Worli area. This is the second coronavirus case from the Worli area.
- 7 days ago 2 Apr 20, 2:14pm -
- Coronavirus: Mumbai's vacant properties to turn into quarantine centres
As per the circular, officials will provide food and make basic arrangements at these quarantine facilities.
- 9 days ago 31 Mar 20, 8:54pm -
- BMC commissioner orders uniform cremation for all COVID-19 positive victims, changes within hours
Aslam Sheikh, city guardian minister and Congress legislator took the objections of this circular citing this is biased towards the minority.
- 9 days ago 31 Mar 20, 8:21am -
- Bodies of those who died of COVID-19 will be cremated: Mumbai civic body
Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) commissioner Praveen Pardeshi issued a circular in this regard.
- 10 days ago 30 Mar 20, 9:50pm -
- Two held in Mumbai with 98000 sanitiser bottles worth Rs 10.28 lakh
They had hoarded the sanitiser bottles and were profiteering due to the rise in their demand following the novel coronavirus outbreak, an official said.
- 10 days ago 30 Mar 20, 4:04pm -
- Mumbai Metro Line-III gets Rs 2,480 crore loan from JICA
Overall, JICA has so far extended concessional ODA loans worth over 1 trillion yen (around Rs 60,000 crore) for the development of metro systems in six cities.
- 13 days ago 27 Mar 20, 8:20pm -
- Mumbai man kills brother over stepping out during coronavirus lockdown
The accused identified as Rajesh Laxmi Thakur killed his younger brother Durgesh after the former along with his wife stepped out of the house to buy groceries in the market.
- 13 days ago 27 Mar 20, 9:19am -
- Have grain stock to last for 6 months: Maharashtra minister Chhagan Bhujbal on COVID-19 lockdown
Despite restrictions on movement of vehicles, the supply of essential commodities will be unaffected, he said, asking people not to do panic-buying.
- 16 days ago 24 Mar 20, 7:00pm -
- Coronavirus lockdown-curfew violation: 114 offences registered in Mumbai
These include three cases where people advised home quarantine were seen moving outside, 10 for gathering at public places and six against motorists for illegal transportation.
- 16 days ago 24 Mar 20, 4:29pm -
- Thane police arrest man wanted for Bangladesh mosque blasts in 2002 from Navi Mumbai
An official said that the crime branch arrested the 42-year-old man, who was involved in the crude bomb blasts, one inside and two outside the mosque at Ilispur.
- 16 days ago 24 Mar 20, 3:03pm -
- Trucks with 2.5 million masks worth Rs 15 crore combined seized by Mumbai police
He said that in the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, Maharashtra is facing a massive shortage of all types of masks and this seizure is expected to ease the problems somewhat.
- 16 days ago 24 Mar 20, 1:09pm -
- Student booked in Mumbai for violating home quarantine on return from UK
The police took action against the student after civic authorities did not find him at his residence at NRI Complex in Seawoods area of Navi Mumbai on Monday, an official said.
- 16 days ago 24 Mar 20, 12:12pm -
- Coronavirus: Section 144 imposed in parts of Maharashtra, Anti-CAA 'Mumbai Bagh' protest put on hold
As per the orders, religious events, cultural ceremonies, festivals, fairs, sporting activities in private or public places where five or more people come together, will be prohibited.
- 17 days ago 23 Mar 20, 8:34am -
- COVID-19: Navi Mumbai heads for partial lockdown as Maharashtra cases reach 63
Data centres, IT service providers will operate with only 10 per cent staff, while banks, insurance companies and internet service providers will function with essential staff only.
- 18 days ago 22 Mar 20, 12:29pm -
- Coronavirus: Mumbai local trains to be closed for public, only 'essential service providers' allowed
While the local train services have never been halted, this will be first time that it will be restricted for the general people.
- 19 days ago 22 Mar 20, 12:56am -
- Mumbai fuel pumps to remain open on Sunday and lockdown days: Retailers body
The curtailed operations on Sunday is in response to the voluntary curfew call to the public by the prime minister, the city #39;s dealers body said.
- 19 days ago 21 Mar 20, 7:40pm -
- Coronavirus: Case against man for breaking home quarantine in Navi Mumbai
The man, a resident of Kamothe area, had returned from Dubai a week ago, said a police official.
- 19 days ago 21 Mar 20, 6:26pm -
- Coronavirus: Mumbai Metro to suspend services on Sunday in view of 'Janta Curfew'
Mumbai Metro One, a part of the Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure operates on 11.4 km Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor with a daily ridership of nearly 4 lakh passengers.
- 19 days ago 21 Mar 20, 4:30pm -
- Coronavirus outbreak: Stable patients to be discharged from civic hospitals in Mumbai
The BMC chief directed all hospitals to have blood donation camps to develop ample reserves of blood for any contingency.
- 19 days ago 21 Mar 20, 1:16pm -
- Amid coronavirus outbreak, 16 Mumbaikars fined Rs 1,000 each for spitting
All of them were fined Rs 1,000 each under the Maharashtra Police Act, an official said.
- 20 days ago 20 Mar 20, 7:15pm -
- Coronavirus: Masses suspended in churches, Archbishop of Bombay tells HC
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice B P Dharmadhikari and Justice N R Borkar had taken cognizance of the letter and asked the government to respond.
- 20 days ago 20 Mar 20, 4:12pm -
- Suspension of AC locals, tiffin services: Coronavirus puts Mumbai's resilience to test
A city that never sleeps or gets bogged down by calamities, Mumbai has braved serial bomb blasts, terror attacks and torrential rains.
- 21 days ago 19 Mar 20, 5:24pm -
- One dead, another critically injured in Bandra fire
The fire broke out in Sea Princess building of Bandra West early in the morning and has now been brought under control.
- 21 days ago 19 Mar 20, 4:11pm -
- Mumbai cab driver sends obscene video to woman who complained about bad driving, held
Ola cut five days of the driver #39;s payment. Irked by the action, Ansari called the complainant woman and started abusing her.
- 21 days ago 19 Mar 20, 1:20pm -
- Coronavirus outbreak: IIT Bombay shuts down campus, closes all activities till March 31
An IIT-B official said while the total intake of students is 11,000, many of them have already left the campus for various reasons.
- 22 days ago 18 Mar 20, 11:01am -
- Maharashtra reports 1st death, India its 3rd as 63-year-old succumbs to virus in Mumbai
India on Tuesday recorded the third death due to COVID-19 with a 63-year-old man from Mumbai, who died with symptoms of the novel coronavirus at Kasturba Hospital.
- 23 days ago 17 Mar 20, 6:33pm -
- BMC asks hoarding owners to display coronavirus messages
Those disobeying the directive will have their hoarding licences cancelled, the directive warned.
- 24 days ago 16 Mar 20, 3:31pm -
- Coronavirus outbreak: Mumbai Police invoke section 144 to ban group tours till March 31
If any tour operator is found flouting the order, action will be taken against him under IPC 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by public servant), the official said.
- 25 days ago 15 Mar 20, 3:48pm -
- Coronavirus outbreak: Mumbai Police clamps prohibition on tours
The latest order came as the Maharashtra government receded into a partial shutdown with schools, colleges, malls etc, till the month-end.
- 25 days ago 15 Mar 20, 2:41pm -
- Mumbai University deposits to be shifted from Yes Bank: Minister
Minister Uday Samant made the announcement after Shiv Sena MLC Maneesha Kayande raised the issue in the Legislative Council.
- 26 days ago 14 Mar 20, 5:25pm -
- Crisis averted: Boat carrying 88 people capsizes off Mandwa coast near Mumbai, all rescued
The mishap took place around 10.15 am, when the passenger boat- Ajanta- was about to reach the Mandwa jetty in neighbouring Raigad district after leaving the Gateway of India in south Mumbai.
- 26 days ago 14 Mar 20, 3:40pm -
- Coronavirus positive cases in Maharashtra rise to 19; cinema halls, gymnasiums asked to shut
Ten of the coronavirus positive cases in the state are in Pune, four in Mumbai, three in Nagpur, and one each in Thane and Ahmednagar.
- 26 days ago 14 Mar 20, 2:08pm -
- Mumbai tea vendor offers free tea to women on International Women's Day
Manoj Thakur, a tea vendor in Mumbai offered tea free of cost to all women visiting his stall.
- 28 days ago 12 Mar 20, 2:53pm -
- Government plans isolation wards, labs at pvt hospitals in Mumbai
Staff of private hospitals will also be trained to follow guidelines for coronavirus infection and its treatment.
- 29 days ago 11 Mar 20, 5:21pm -
- Man held for abusive language against PM Modi at anti-CAA protest
A video of the accused, purportedly using derogatory language against the PM during the sit-in protest near the Parbhani Collector #39;s office has gone viral.
- 31 days ago 9 Mar 20, 11:13pm -
- Fire at packing material unit in Mumbai; no casualty
The blaze erupted at the commercial establishment located at Kaanchwala Compound in Dhobi Ghat area around 5.30 am, an official at the fire control room here said.
- 31 days ago 9 Mar 20, 9:02am -
- Two Nigerians arrested for social media 'friendship' fraud in Mumbai
The two are suspected to have pulled off this scam across the country and have been charged under relevant sections of the IPC and Information Technology Act, he said.
- 33 days ago 7 Mar 20, 8:16pm -
- 66,977 travellers screened at Mumbai airport till March; 4,161 suspected COVID-19 patients test negative
As travellers coming from all Corona affected countries are being screened at International airports, Maharashtra has 454 travellers coming from Corona affected areas.
- 35 days ago 5 Mar 20, 12:16pm -
- Mumbai Police chief Param Bir Singh revokes predecessor's order seeking action against 12 cops
Joinct CP (Admin) Naval Bajaj said that the police officers had bypassed Barve, the-then Mumbai Police chief, and applied directly to Maharashtra DGP for their transfer in the ATS.
- 36 days ago 4 Mar 20, 1:30pm -
- Mumbai police arrests auto driver for masturbating before college student
According to the police, the girl had taken the auto-rickshaw to reach her college in the morning.
- 37 days ago 3 Mar 20, 3:52pm -
- Wanted criminal arrested with pistol, cartridges near Uddhav's residence
According to the police, the accused has been identified as Irshad Khan, who has multiple cases of robbery, theft and murder against him in Mumbai, Thane and Gujarat.
- 37 days ago 3 Mar 20, 10:43am -
- Theft suspect flees Mumbai police station from bathroom window
Imran Safiullah Khan alias Immu (24) escaped from the ledge on the first floor of the station after breaking the glass of the toilet window.
- 40 days ago 29 Feb 20, 11:29pm -
- Mumbai to become plastic-free as BMC set to ban single-use plastic from May 1
Maharashtra Minister Aaditya Thackeray had, on Friday, announced in the Legislative Council that the state will be made free of single-use plastic items by May 1 this year.
- 40 days ago 29 Feb 20, 10:52pm -
- Man gets life sentence for murder of Mumbai traffic cop in 2016
While the prosecution demanded the death penalty, the defence prayed for leniency saying that Qureshi had no criminal antecedents and his mother is a widow.
- 40 days ago 29 Feb 20, 6:59pm -
- Following Delhi violence, Mumbai Police beefs up security in city, imposes section 141 till March 9
According to a press note from the Mumbai police, under the Maharashtra Police Act 1951, deputy police commissioner issued a warning that five or more than five persons cannot assembly at one place.
- 41 days ago 28 Feb 20, 9:36pm -
- Mumbai police chief Sanjay Barve won't get extension, will retire on February 29: State government
Barve, a 1987-batch IPS officer, was given two extensions, first in August and then in November last year ever since he took over on February 28, 2019.
- 41 days ago 28 Feb 20, 7:31pm -
- 68-year-old auto driver beaten to death over Rs 5 in Mumbai
Ramdular Sarju Yadav fell unconscious and was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared dead, the official added.
- 43 days ago 26 Feb 20, 3:35pm -
- Complaint filed against journalist Rana Ayyub for posting 'Delhi violence' clip
The complainant Ramesh Solanki claimed the video was two-year-old, and it was posted by Ayyub #39;with an intention to spread hatred in the society and to add more fuel to the Delhi violence #39;.
- 43 days ago 26 Feb 20, 12:11pm -