- newComplete lockdown needed in Mumbai, Kumbh returnees will distribute 'corona prasad': Mayor Kishori Pednekar
The Mumbai Mayor stated that 95 per cent Mumbaikars adhere to COVID-19 norms, but it is the remaining five per cent that is creating problems for others.
- 10 hours ago 17 Apr 21, 4:25pm -
- COVID-19 effect: Mumbai airport to again consolidate flight operations to one terminal from April 21
The private airport operator had only on March 10 reopened its domestic passenger terminal T-1 for regular flight operations after keeping it closed for nearly a year.
- 2 days ago 15 Apr 21, 3:50pm -
- Mumbai couple convicted in drug case in Qatar returns home
The couple had been cleared of all charges after it came to light that a relative planted narcotics in their bag without their knowledge.
- 3 days ago 15 Apr 21, 11:04am -
- Celebs occupying Mumbai hospital beds sans serious COVID symptoms: Minister Aslam Shaikh
Speaking to reporters, Shaikh, who is the guardian minister of Mumbai, said personalities from the film industry, cricketers have occupied beds in major private hospitals for longer periods of time.
- 5 days ago 13 Apr 21, 1:52pm -
- Mumbai Police start process of dismissing disgraced cop Sachin Waze from service
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) arrested assistant police inspector (API) Waze on March 13.
- 5 days ago 13 Apr 21, 1:16pm -
- COVID-19 second wave claims first life in Mumbai Police force
Over 30 personnel from the Vakola police station had tested positive for the viral infection last year.
- 5 days ago 12 Apr 21, 2:50pm -
- Mumbai: NCB summons Dawood Ibrahim's aide Raziq Chikna
Earlier on April 2, Raziq #39;s brother Danish Chikna was arrested in Rajasthan.
- 6 days ago 12 Apr 21, 1:20pm -
- Maharashtra COVID-19 crisis: Three jumbo hospitals to come up in Mumbai soon
Each of these medical facilities will have a capacity of 2,000 beds, including 200 ICU beds and 70 per cent oxygen beds, and they will be set up at three different locations in the city.
- 6 days ago 12 Apr 21, 11:11am -
- Vaccination to resume at 62 private hospitals in Mumbai on Monday as Maharashtra recieves fresh doses
In Mumbai, 49 civic and government-run institutions are designated as vaccination centres while 71 private hospitals have the facility to administer the anti-COVID 19 vaccines.
- 6 days ago 12 Apr 21, 8:00am -
- Mumbai: Two Russians held for performing stunts at sea link
Two Russian nationals were arrested for allegedly performing stunts at the Bandra-Worli Sea Link here, police said on Saturday.
- 8 days ago 10 Apr 21, 11:02am -
- COVID-19: Two held, 284 Remdesivir vials seized in Mumbai
The first arrest was of Sarfaraz Hussain, who was caught by the Crime Branch #39;s Unit X with 12 vials of the injections at Andheri (East) on Thursday evening.
- 8 days ago 9 Apr 21, 10:39pm -
- Mumbai's COVID-19 tally crosses 5 lakh-mark with 9,200 fresh cases
The number of deaths reported on Friday is the highest since October 26 last year, when 37 persons had died, the data shared by the civic body said.
- 8 days ago 9 Apr 21, 9:02pm -
- Hotels, restaurants permitted home delivery in Mumbai: BMC's clarififcation on new Covid-19 rules
The civic body had earlier stated that only online delivery portals will be permitted to deliver food, groceries and other essentials, and take away facilities will not be allowed for people.
- 8 days ago 9 Apr 21, 4:19pm -
- Crowd seen outside closed vaccination centre in Mumbai
quot;Due to unavailability of stock, the BKC COVID vaccination centre will be non-functional temporarily untill further orders, quot; read a poster stock outside the centre.
- 8 days ago 9 Apr 21, 2:44pm -
- Amid spiralling COVID-19 cases in Mumbai, sale of platform tickets stopped at six stations
Central Railway chief spokesperson Shivaji Sutar said besides Mumbai CSMT, they have stopped issuing platform tickets at LTT, Kalyan, Thane, Dadar and Panvel stations.
- 9 days ago 9 Apr 21, 12:54pm -
- NCB conducts raids across Mumbai, four drug peddlers held
The NCB has intensified its vigilance across Mumbai and suburbs to curb the drug menace.
- 9 days ago 9 Apr 21, 12:35pm -
- 'Worst situation': Mumbai's Covid-19 vaccination to halt due to lack of vaccines, says Mayor
This is for the first time that Maharashtra is going through such #39;worst situation #39;, the Mayor said, and held the Union government responsible for it.
- 9 days ago 8 Apr 21, 5:07pm -
- 3,993 beds for COVID-19 patients available across Mumbai: BMC
Mumbai Police has announced the updated lockdown guidelines which restrict the movement of people in public areas and transport while exempting those involved in essential services.
- 10 days ago 7 Apr 21, 11:17pm -
- COVID-19 vaccine stock in Mumbai about to get over: Mayor Kishori Pednekar
Speaking to reporters here, Pednekar said Mumbai had only 1.76 lakh doses of Covishield, the mainstay of the vaccination drive, till Tuesday afternoon and this figure could have gone down by now.
- 10 days ago 7 Apr 21, 5:26pm -
- Ambani security scare: Param Bir Singh appears before NIA; Shiv Sena hits out at Centre
The former Mumbai top cop reached the National Investigation Agency #39;s (NIA) office in Maharashtra capital in a car around 9.30 am, an official said.
- 11 days ago 7 Apr 21, 11:50am -
- No rapid antigen test on asymptomatic persons, Mumbai private hospitals told
RAT, considered a quick and cheap way to discover coronavirus, detects the presence of viral proteins in a sample from the respiratory tract of a person.
- 11 days ago 6 Apr 21, 10:50pm -
- Beaches in Mumbai to remain shut till Apr 30 as cases spike
The government had said that local authorities can take a call on closing public places under their jurisdictions in case of crowding.
- 11 days ago 6 Apr 21, 6:54pm -
- Day after record spike, Mumbai COVID-19 tally down to 9,857
According to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation #39;s (BMC) updated data, 9,857 new cases took the tally of COVID-19 cases to 4,62,302, while the death toll jumped to 11,797.
- 12 days ago 5 Apr 21, 9:08pm -
- Don't be picky, occupy beds wherever available: BMC tells Mumbai residents
BMC commissioner Iqbal Singh Chahal informed that the number of beds available for allotment has gone up from 12906 to 15971.
- 13 days ago 5 Apr 21, 12:30am -
- Mumbai's one-day COVID-19 count crosses 11,000-mark
With the death of 25 patients, the fatality count of the metropolis reached 11,776, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said in a statement.
- 13 days ago 4 Apr 21, 11:09pm -
- Mumbai: More beds to be operationalised for COVID-19 patients as cases surge
On Saturday, the city reported 9,108 new cases of coronavirus, the highest spike in a single day.
- 14 days ago 4 Apr 21, 11:45am -
- Mumbai SUV bomb case: NIA seizes another Mercedes car allegedly used by suspended cop Sachin Waze
The NIA is trying to ascertain whether the car is in any way linked with the Vaze case or the death of Thane businessman Mansukh Hiren.
- 15 days ago 3 Apr 21, 12:37pm -
- Mumbai airport cuts RT-PCR test rate by 30 per cent to Rs 600 amid spike in COVID cases
It said that Mumbai airport is offering the regular RT-PCR test at a reduced cost of Rs 600 as against Rs 850 earlier from April 1 to the passengers opting to avail the facility at the airport.
- 15 days ago 3 Apr 21, 11:55am -
- Antilia security scare: Gangster lodged in Tihar jail under scanner for Telegram message
The convict, who has links with Mumbai #39;s underworld, has been undergoing treatment in a Delhi hospital since the last few days.
- 16 days ago 2 Apr 21, 10:48am -
- Ambani security scare: NIA searches hotel, club in Mumbai, flat in Thane
Customers and staff members of the hotel were asked to vacate the premises, located near the Babulnath temple.
- 16 days ago 2 Apr 21, 9:24am -
- Mumbai sees record 8,646 new COVID-19 cases, 18 deaths
Mumbai #39;s COVID-19 recovery rate is now 84 per cent. The infection growth rate has worsened to 1.38 per cent and the doubling rate has dropped to 49 days.
- 16 days ago 2 Apr 21, 8:21am -
- Use of masks, gloves mandatory for home-quarantined patients in Mumbai
Amid a huge surge in COVID-19 cases, the Mumbai civic body has made the use of masks and gloves mandatory for all home-quarantined patients.
- 16 days ago 2 Apr 21, 12:39am -
- Malls, religious places may shut down in Mumbai amid surging COVID-19 cases
Mumbai mayor Kishori Pednekar said that series of meetings with the administration is being conducted on this front.
- 16 days ago 1 Apr 21, 11:57pm -
- Mumbai reports 88,710 Covid-19 cases in March, 475 per cent rise as compared to February
It means that there were 70,351 more cases in Mumbai in March as compared to the previous month and 72,382 more cases as compared to the tally in January.
- 16 days ago 1 Apr 21, 6:40pm -
- Mumbai Crime Intelligence Unit gets new chief after Sachin Waze's arrest
The order appointing PI Kathe as the in-charge of the CIU was signed by Joint Commissioner of Police Milind Bharambe on Tuesday.
- 17 days ago 1 Apr 21, 12:30am -
- Mumbai teen's murder: Charge sheet filed against two accused
The police said the three were seen leaving the party at around 1:45 am and were heading down from the stairs.
- 18 days ago 30 Mar 21, 11:57pm -
- WATCH | Five men made to do 'murga walk' for trying to enter sea in Mumbai
Replying on the video on Twitter, Mumbai police through their official handle said, #39;there is a legal provision for action on every violation and that #39;s the only punitive action that can be taken. #39;
- 19 days ago 30 Mar 21, 2:20pm -
- Mumbai civic body to procure 1.5 lakh Remdesivir injections as city sees massive surge in COVID-19 cases
Mumbai on Sunday reported the highest single-day rise in COVID-19 cases by adding 6,923 new infections, taking the total tally to 3,98,674.
- 19 days ago 30 Mar 21, 8:16am -
- Holi revellers violate COVID-19 norms in Mumbai suburb
Some women danced to loud music, while a few persons in the crowd were seen wearing PPE suits.
- 20 days ago 29 Mar 21, 2:15pm -
- Mumbai hospital fire: FIR names HDIL's Rakesh Wadhawan, five others for 'culpable homicide'
Bhandup police registered a case in connection with the incident against six persons including Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd promoter Rakesh Wadhawan.
- 21 days ago 28 Mar 21, 10:27am -
- Mumbai: 6 booked for mall hospital fire that killed 9 patients
The names of Housing Development and Infrastructure Ltd (HDIL) promoter Rakesh Wadhawan and his son Sarang, who are directors of the mall, also figure in the FIR.
- 22 days ago 27 Mar 21, 12:57pm -
- Fire breaks out in five-storeyed Mumbai building
The fire broke out in the basement of Gammon House, a commercial building on Veer Savarkar road around 6 am, an official said.
- 22 days ago 27 Mar 21, 9:23am -
- BJP blames corruption in BMC for fire at Mumbai hospital, asks 'why audit wasn't done'
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, who visited the spot in the afternoon, said there was approval for starting a temporary coronavirus treatment facility there.
- 22 days ago 26 Mar 21, 5:08pm -
- Journalist-author Anil Dharker, who founded Mumbai International Literary Festival, passes away
Over a five-decade-long illustrious career, Dharker had been a columnist and writer, an architect, a member of the advisory committee of the film censor board and more.
- 23 days ago 26 Mar 21, 12:27pm -
- 10 dead after fire breaks out at COVID-19 hospital in Mumbai
At least two people were killed after a fire broke out at a private COVID-19 hospital in Mumbai #39;s Bhanup area in the early hours.
- 23 days ago 26 Mar 21, 12:16pm -
- Param Bir Singh files plea against Anil Deshmukh in Bombay HC, seeks 'immediate and unbiased' probe
Singh said in his plea before the High Court that Deshmukh held meetings at his residence with several Mumbai police officials, including Waze, in February this year.
- 23 days ago 25 Mar 21, 5:35pm -
- Rs 4 crore fine collected from over 2 lakh people for not wearing mask in Mumbai
Till now, 7,500 Mumbai Police officials have been diagnosed with COVID-19 while 99 others have lost their lives.
- 24 days ago 25 Mar 21, 2:22pm -
- Report on 2006 Mumbai train blasts secret, can't be given to convict, Centre tells HC
On July 11, 2006, seven RDX explosions ripped through as many Western line local trains in Mumbai, leading to the death of 189 people and injuring 829.
- 24 days ago 25 Mar 21, 2:26am -
- Ambani bomb scare: NIA takes over death case of businessman Mansukh Hiren
Hiren was found dead in a creek near Mumbai on March 5 and his wife has accused Mumbai Police API Sachin Waze of involvement in her husband rsquo;s suspicious death.
- 24 days ago 24 Mar 21, 10:10pm -
- 86 Mumbai cops transferred, Sachin Waze's ex-colleague among them
API Riyazuddin Kaazi, who was Waze #39;s colleague at the the Crime Intelligence Unit, was transferred to the Local Arms unit, a relatively low-key department, the police official said.
- 25 days ago 24 Mar 21, 1:38am -
- HM asked Waze to extort Rs 100 crore per month: Ex-Mumbai top cop Parambir Singh drops letter bomb
Anil Deshmukh, an NCP leader, said former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh was leveling false accusations to save his own skin in the Sachin Vaze case.
- 28 days ago 21 Mar 21, 10:20am -
- COVID-19: BMC to carry out over 47,000 rapid antigen tests at public places every day in Mumbai
The tests will be mandatory for those selected, and those who refuse will have to face action under the Epidemic Act, 1897, the circular stated.
- 28 days ago 21 Mar 21, 9:57am -
- SUV case: NIA recreates crime scene with Sachin Waze near Mukesh Ambani's house
The scene was recreated late on Friday night, in which Waze was asked to walk there for some time wearing a white kurta, he said.
- 29 days ago 20 Mar 21, 1:14pm -
- 272 cases in March, 62 per cent jump in new COVID-19 infections: Dharavi stares at crisis
The spike in cases in this slum sprawl, which is spread over 2.5 sq km of area, has set alarm bells ringing for the authorities, although they say that they are better prepared this year.
- 29 days ago 20 Mar 21, 12:40pm -
- FIR against Mumbai restaurant for flouting COVID-19 norms, close to 250 people penalized
BMC raided the restaurant Auber-Gin Plates and Pours, located in Breach Candy area, late Wednesday night and collected Rs 19,400 as fine from 245 people there for not wearing masks.
- 31 days ago 18 Mar 21, 11:16am -
- Sachin Waze case: NIA searches suspended Mumbai cop's home, to expand the probe further
A team of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted the searches at Waze #39;s place in Saket area of neighbouring Thane city in the afternoon, an official said on Wednesday.
- 31 days ago 18 Mar 21, 11:08am -
- New top cop Hemant Nagrale faces tough job of restoring Mumbai Police's credibility
Nagrale is known to play most of the sports with proficiency and is also a black belt-holder in judo and has won medals in All India Police Games.
- 31 days ago 18 Mar 21, 10:59am -
- Kangana copyright FIR: Author Ashish Kaul sends notice to Mumbai police station
Kaul has accused the actor of copyright violation, and following a court order, an FIR was registered at Khar police station against Ranaut, Kamal Kumar Jain, Rangoli Chandel and Akshat Ranaut.
- 31 days ago 18 Mar 21, 10:46am -
- Ambani bomb scare row: Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh shifted to Home Guard
Taking it to Twitter, he said, Hemant Nagarale will be the new police chief of Mumbai.
- 31 days ago 17 Mar 21, 5:55pm -
- Sachin Vaze fiasco: Amid reports over his possible axing, Mumbai top cop meets CM Thackeray
Singh met Thackeray at the latter #39;s official residence #39;Varsha #39; here on Tuesday night, sources said.
- 32 days ago 17 Mar 21, 12:06pm -
- Mumbai: Fire rages in Goregaon slum even after five hours
The fire was reported in Samna Parivar locality and is restricted to a few scrap godowns and shanties over an area of 15,000-20,000 square feet.
- 32 days ago 17 Mar 21, 10:03am -
- Security threat to Ambanis: Mumbai top cop faces axe over Waze fiasco
A senior minister said it has now come to light that Waze had stage-managed the bomb scare on the instructions of Singh.
- 32 days ago 17 Mar 21, 8:35am -
- Mumbai COVID-19 spike: BMC asks schools to discontinue rotational attendance for teachers
Earlier, from November 18, the civic body had allowed 50 per cent of teachers and non-teaching staff to attend the schools on rotation basis for online, offline classes and other work.
- 32 days ago 17 Mar 21, 8:07am -
- COVID-19: Dharavi sees 21 cases, highest since October 6 last year
The locality had seen 22 cases on October 6 last year, a civic official said.
- 32 days ago 17 Mar 21, 8:04am -
- Gangster Chhota Rajan gets 10 years in jail in 2013 Mumbai firing case
Special public prosecutor Pradeep Gharat said 50-60 witnesses were examined, including Gosalia and an accused who turned approver.
- 32 days ago 16 Mar 21, 9:19pm -