- Mumbai logs COVID-19 recovery rate of 70 per cent; tally reaches 93,894 in city
In another positive indicator, the doubling rate of coronavirus cases improved to 51 days in the last seven days while the average growth rate of cases has fallen to 1.36 per cent from 1.68 per cent o
- 2 days ago 13 Jul 20, 10:23pm -
- With proactive strategy, Dharavi tamed COVID-19 spread, won WHO's praise
Instead of waiting for patients to come to hospitals, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) screened people in Dharavi pro-actively which helped, a senior official said.
- 3 days ago 12 Jul 20, 9:45am -
- Fire breaks out at shopping centre in Mumbai's Borivali; no casualty reported
As many as 14 fire engines have reached the spot. Efforts are on to douse the fire.
- 4 days ago 11 Jul 20, 3:01pm -
- WHO praises efforts to contain COVID-19 in Mumbai's Dharavi slums
Nine new COVID-19 cases were reported in Dharavi area of Mumbai on Thursday taking the total number of cases to 2,347.
- 4 days ago 11 Jul 20, 2:31pm -
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray suggests wardwise groups to contain COVID-19 in Mumbai
CM Uddhav Thackeray said that these groups should adopt aggressive strategy for door-to-door screening and isolation of suspected COVID-19 cases.
- 5 days ago 10 Jul 20, 1:03am -
- Post vandalism, Maharashtra government to provide 24x7 security to Dr BR Ambedkar's Mumbai home
Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray said that they will not tolerate any kind of attack and strict action will be taken against the culprits.
- 7 days ago 8 Jul 20, 8:36pm -
- Three new coronavirus cases found in Dharavi; tally now 2,338
On Tuesday, just one COVID-19 patient was found in Dharavi, once a hotspot which has seen a dramatic improvement in the coronavirus situation.
- 7 days ago 8 Jul 20, 6:33pm -
- Nigerian nabbed with Rs 2 crore worth Amphetamine in Navi Mumbai
The accused was nabbed when he alighted from New Delhi-Ernakulam Mangala Express after pulling the alarm chain between Nilaje and Taloja stations.
- 7 days ago 8 Jul 20, 6:14pm -
- FIR filed after Vandalism at Babasaheb Ambedkar's Mumbai residence
Two persons threw stones on glass windows, and damaged CCTV cameras and potted plants at Rajgruh in Dadar area here on Tuesday night, the official said.
- 7 days ago 8 Jul 20, 1:58pm -
- Sunny morning in Mumbai; IMD forecasts moderate rain in Maharashtra capital
Mumbai, neighbouring Thane and other districts in the coastal Konkan region of Maharashtra received heavy showers over the past few days.
- 7 days ago 8 Jul 20, 1:08pm -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation permits voluntary COVID-19 swab testing sans prescription
The private laboratories which are testing the patients without any prescription should inform the positive patients first to the BMC about their result.
- 7 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:54pm -
- Only one new coronavirus case found in Mumbai's Dharavi area
In Dharavi, 2335 total positive patients have reported while 352 total active cases and 1735 patients got cured and discharged from the hospitals as well.
- 7 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:40pm -
- Over 15 lakh quarantined in Mumbai since outbreak: BMC
Till Monday, Mumbai reported 85,326 COVID-19 cases and 4,935 deaths due to the disease, the BMC said.
- 8 days ago 7 Jul 20, 1:05pm -
- Intermittent intense rain likely in Mumbai: IMD
The Harnai weather bureau in coastal Ratnagiri district in Konkan region reported 30.2 mm rainfall during the period.
- 8 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:54am -
- Over 100 mm rain in suburban Mumbai, Thane in last 24 hours; more showers likely
The observatory in Thane-Belapur Industrial Association area recorded 213.4 mm rainfall during the 24 hours ending at 8.30 am on Monday.
- 9 days ago 6 Jul 20, 12:56pm -
- Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh meets CM Uddhav Thackeray after transfer of DCPs get revoked
The meeting assumed importance as the government revoked its order to transfer 10 DCPs that once again triggered talks about lack of coordination between Shiv Sena and NCP.
- 10 days ago 5 Jul 20, 9:40pm -
- Mumbai police register FIR over bomb threat call to Taj hotels
The caller, claiming himself to be a member of Pakistan-based LeT, had said he was calling from Karachi and threatened to blow up the hotels in Colaba and Bandra.
- 10 days ago 5 Jul 20, 9:26pm -
- Order for transfer of 10 DCPs in Mumbai revoked: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh
The transfers were cancelled since the government felt any changes at this juncture would hurt the coordination process and also impact the on-ground deployment of police personnel.
- 10 days ago 5 Jul 20, 7:55pm -
- Powai lake overflows as Mumbai receives its highest single-day July rain in five years
IMD, Mumbai has warned of intermittent moderate rain in the city and its suburbs and there are possibilities of heavy rainfall at isolated locations.
- 10 days ago 5 Jul 20, 3:21pm -
- Heavy rains continue in Mumbai; low-lying areas waterlogged
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast intermittent rains in the city and suburbs #39;with possibility of heavy falls #39; at isolated places in the next 24 hours.
- 10 days ago 5 Jul 20, 11:12am -
- Mumbai 2-km radius rule: Cops allow travel 'closer to home'
In a tweet, the police said people were #39;permitted shopping closer to home (5 am-9 pm) #39; and asked them not to forget IDs and other documents while travelling for work.
- 11 days ago 4 Jul 20, 9:29pm -
- COVID-19 patient kept in ambulance for one day for want of bed in Navi Mumbai
When he was finally admitted, the doctors told him that his father would need an injection which cost around Rs 32,000.
- 11 days ago 4 Jul 20, 5:52pm -
- WATCH | Heavy rains cause waterlogging in several parts of Mumbai
Waterlogging in these places forced the closure of subways and vehicle movement slowed down as well.
- 11 days ago 4 Jul 20, 2:04pm -
- Extremely heavy rain possible, IMD issues red alert for Mumbai
The IMD late Friday evening issued a red alert for Mumbai, Raigad and Ratnagiri over the next 24 hours.
- 11 days ago 4 Jul 20, 1:11am -
- HC quashes order restricting height of buildings near Mumbai airport
The petitioners are developing plots of land that are 2 km away from one of the existing Airport Surveillance Radars (ASR) that services the Mumbai International Airport.
- 12 days ago 3 Jul 20, 7:57pm -
- Steps taken for safe disposal of COVID-19 victims' bodies: BMC
As per the BMC, when a COVID-19 positive patient dies in a hospital then the authorities inform the concerned police and crematorium which then takes all the necessary steps to transport body.
- 12 days ago 3 Jul 20, 3:40pm -
- Very heavy rains predicted in Mumbai, IMD issues orange alert
An orange alert implies that authorities should be prepared to handle any situation arising out of severe weather conditions.
- 13 days ago 2 Jul 20, 8:05pm -
- Mumbai police seize 5,877 vehicles in 2 days for violating travel norm
More than 14,500 people have been arrested till now in the city for violation of the lockdown orders.
- 13 days ago 2 Jul 20, 2:17pm -
- COVID-19 effect: Mumbai's Lalbaugcha Raja mandal cancels Ganesh Chaturthi celebration
The Lalbaugcha Raja Ganesh Mandal will organise blood and plasma donation camps and provide financial assistance to the families of policemen who died of COVID-19.
- 13 days ago 2 Jul 20, 8:22am -
- Section 144 imposed till July15 in Mumbai to check rising COVID-19 cases
The order prohibits quot;presence or movement of one or more persons in public places or gathering of any sort quot;, the official said.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 3:53pm -
- Mumbai: Woman held for killing neighbour's four-year-old son in Andheri
The accused, identified as Madhu Gadhe, called the boy to her home in a chawl at Santoshi Mata Nagar in suburban Andheri late Monday night and allegedly strangulated him with a pair of leggings.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 1:52pm -
- Taj Hotels threat call: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh reviews security arrangements
Police said that there were separate threat calls to the hotels from a Pakistani number late Monday night.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 1:28pm -
- Bombay HC permits minor rape victim to abort 25-week pregnancy despite medical report not allowing
The court heard the girl #39;s petition filed through her father, seeking permission to undergo medical termination of her 25-week pregnancy.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 11:37am -
- Fire breaks out at seven-storey commercial building in Mumbai's Powai area; no casualty
The blaze erupted on the fifth floor of the building around 6:15 am and spread to the electric wiring, installations and cables, false ceiling of an office and split AC unit in 3,000 square feet area.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 11:24am -
- Mumbai local train services to be expanded from Wednesday, only for essential services personnel
Central government employees and staff of income tax, GST, Customs, Postal, Nationalised Banks, MBPT, Judiciary, Defence and Raj Bhavan will be allowed.
- 14 days ago 1 Jul 20, 11:03am -
- Security tightened in Mumbai's Taj Hotels after receiving bomb threat call from Pakistan
The police further added that the call from Karachi came in the late hours on Monday.
- 15 days ago 30 Jun 20, 1:08pm -
- Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar hospitalised for kidney stone, condition stable
Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar was on Monday hospitalised for kidney stone after she complained of shooting pain.
- 16 days ago 29 Jun 20, 7:55pm -
- Don't move out beyond 2 km of home: Police urge Mumbai residents
Social distancing norms are to be followed compulsorily at all times and strict action will be taken against all persons who violate them, the official said.
- 17 days ago 28 Jun 20, 1:43pm -
- Barber shops, salons gear up to reopen today in Mumbai as part of 'Mission Begin'
The order also said the salons should adhere to standard operating procedures on hygiene and cleanliness and employees must wear protective gear including gloves, aprons and masks.
- 17 days ago 28 Jun 20, 9:29am -
- 'Andheri' locality emerges as Mumbai's latest COVID-19 hotspot with over 10,000 cases
The data collected by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation indicates the changing trend of Mumbai #39;s new coronavirus cases which are now emerging from the suburban areas as opposed to Southern parts.
- 17 days ago 28 Jun 20, 12:58am -
- Can't expect poor patients to give proof for free treatment: Bombay High Court
The petitioners had borrowed money and managed to pay Rs 10 lakh out of Rs 12.5 lakh that the hospital had demanded.
- 18 days ago 27 Jun 20, 1:48pm -
- Coronavirus outbreak: Buildings in slums of north Mumbai to be sealed
During a visit to north Mumbai, the city top cop attributed the spread of coronavirus infection to the high population density.
- 18 days ago 27 Jun 20, 11:11am -
- Mumbai breathes sigh of relief as COVID-19 cases doubling rate goes up from 3 to 40 days
BMC report further stated that the average percentage of daily growth in the number of patients also declined from 2.30 per cent on June 17 to 1.72 per cent on June 24, 2020.
- 19 days ago 26 Jun 20, 11:10pm -
- Mumbai's Dharavi slum records 11 new cases, city civic body says virus growth rate decreasing in Maharashtra capital
According to a senior Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) official, no fresh death was reported in Dharavi in the past 24 hours, keeping the tollunchanged at 81.
- 19 days ago 26 Jun 20, 12:22am -
- Five booked for gathering at Mumbai mosque during lockdown
The police found that no social distancing norms were followed in the premises and further probe revealed that people had not gathered for prayers.
- 20 days ago 25 Jun 20, 3:36pm -
- Fire in Mumbai office of Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait; no casualties reported
The blaze erupted around 5.15 am in the bank #39;s office and server room located on the ground floor of the 15-storey Jolly Maker Chamber 2 building.
- 20 days ago 25 Jun 20, 9:25am -
- At least 70 COVID-19 positive patients go missing in Mumbai, enquiry to be conducted
Earlier, an 82-year-old woman who was tested positive had gone missing for over eight days in Jalgaon, and later she was found dead in the toilet of the same hospital.
- 22 days ago 23 Jun 20, 9:25pm -
- North Mumbai: Cases rise; cops, BMC disagree over lockdown
BMC official said new cases are coming in from high-rises in the region rather than slums and the civic body was aware of the situation.
- 24 days ago 21 Jun 20, 5:10pm -
- Mumbai: Four booked for shooting, injuring man in Chembur
Rana, who was accompanied by three unidentified men, opened fire with a small firearm and fled the scene, he said.
- 27 days ago 18 Jun 20, 2:37pm -
- COVID-19: Railways resume suburban train services in Mumbai for essential staff
The Central Railway and Western Railway decided to run quot;selective suburban services quot; over main line and harbour line only for essential staff as defined by the state government, a senior official said
- 30 days ago 15 Jun 20, 12:57pm -
- COVID-19: Four Mumbai cops die, highest single-day toll for force
So far, 25 personnel and one officer of Mumbai police has died of COVID-19, while several hundred are undergoing treatment for the infection at various hospitals
- 32 days ago 13 Jun 20, 8:37pm -
- Dharavi coronavirus cases exceed 2,000; 941 active cases
The death toll due to COVID-19 in the area also increased to 77 with two more patients succumbing
- 33 days ago 12 Jun 20, 9:04pm -
- Mumbai gets India's second Integrated Flood Warning System
The IFWS will help Mumbai become more resilient by providing early - at least 72 hours before, along with 3-6 hours Nowcast or immediate weather updates - flood warnings
- 33 days ago 12 Jun 20, 8:26pm -
- Mumbai COVID-19 cases up by 1,540 to 53,985; death toll 1,952
A total of 516 patients were discharged from the hospitals in the past 24 hours, taking the number of recoveries to 24,209, the statement said.
- 34 days ago 11 Jun 20, 9:58pm -
- Five accused of robbery test positive for COVID-19 in Mumbai; 17 cops quarantined
Following the detection, 17 police personnel from Nehru Nagar police station, including three officers who were involved in arresting the accused, have been quarantined.
- 34 days ago 11 Jun 20, 9:19pm -
- Air India suspends executive pilot for alleged abusive behaviour with senior DGCA official
The official involved in the incident in Mumbai last week is also from Air India and on deputation at the DGCA.
- 34 days ago 11 Jun 20, 12:17pm -
- 50-bed COVID-19 facility for cops set up in Navi Mumbai
Speaking to reporters, the minister condoled the deaths of 35 police personnel due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 35 days ago 10 Jun 20, 9:08pm -
- 11 more test positive for COVID-19 in Dharavi; no new death
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) official said no new death was recorded in the slum-dominated area, leaving the coronavirus fatality tally unchanged at 73.
- 35 days ago 10 Jun 20, 7:42pm -
- Mumbai's dabbawalas face financial crisis amid lockdown, seek monetary help
The Mumbai Dabbawala Association has urged the State government to provide financial support of Rs 5,000 each to every dabbawala.
- 35 days ago 10 Jun 20, 7:22pm -
- Lockdown has created atmosphere of weariness: Bombay High Court
The court in its order noted police were under tremendous pressure to maintain law and order in view of the prohibitory orders imposed in Mumbai.
- 35 days ago 10 Jun 20, 1:15pm -
- Mumbai reaches grim milestone of 50,000-plus COVID-19 cases
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said in a release that 1,015 new coronavirus patients were detected on Tuesday, taking the tally of cases to 50,878.
- 35 days ago 9 Jun 20, 11:29pm -
- NCP chief Sharad Pawar visits cyclone-hit Raigad, seeks joint policy for aid
Pawar #39;s party is a key constituent in the tripartite Maha Vikas Aghadi government headed by the Shiv Sena.
- 36 days ago 9 Jun 20, 9:46pm -
- Bodies of six COVID-19 patients untraceable? BMC denies report
Probe into a quot;missing quot; body from Rajawadi hospital is still on, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said.
- 36 days ago 9 Jun 20, 9:10pm -
- Some labs took 18 days to submit COVID-19 swab reports: Mumbai civic body chief
BMC Commissioner I S Chahal said that after he joined the post, he found that swab reports of April 4 were delivered on April 22.
- 36 days ago 9 Jun 20, 11:35am -
- After Shiv Sena criticises Sonu Sood, actor stopped from meeting migrants at Bandra Terminus
The migrant labourers were supposed to take the Shramik Special train from Bandra Terminus to Uttar Pradesh.
- 36 days ago 9 Jun 20, 11:16am -