- Mumbai: Woman advocate files rape case against two lawyers
The woman alleged that she was promised Rs 1.5 lakh monthly salary by the main accused, who is a lawyer, at his firm in south Mumbai.
- 2 days ago 26 Jul 21, 5:47pm -
- Barge P305 case: Court denies bail to three accused including director
The court, while rejecting the bail plea, noted that the narration of the chief engineer of the barge about the incident indicates that it was more a matter of negligence than a genuine human error.
- 4 days ago 24 Jul 21, 6:22pm -
- Mumbai: BMC to vaccinate 390 victims of fake Kandivali camp
In a release, the BMC said it had received a list of residents of Hiranandani Heritage Co-operative Housing Society who had been cheated in the bogus vaccination camp.
- 4 days ago 24 Jul 21, 5:29pm -
- Two dead, eight injured as house collapses in Mumbai's Govandi
The incident occurred at plot number 3 near Bombay City Hospital around 5 am, a civic official said.
- 5 days ago 23 Jul 21, 11:09am -
- Railway Police constable saves life of 10-year-old boy at Mumbai suburban station
The boy, while getting down from a Virar-bound local train, slipped and fell into the gap between the platform and the tracks, the Goverment Railway Police said in a release.
- 6 days ago 22 Jul 21, 12:56am -
- Red alert for Mumbai, IMD predicts heavy to very heavy rainfall on July 21
The Marathwada region is also expected to receive widespread showers till Thursday and the rain intensity is likely to reduce subsequently, he said.
- 7 days ago 21 Jul 21, 2:51pm -
- Film producer, two others held for running sex racket in Mira Road near Mumbai
The police sent a decoy customer and raided the premises in the housing complex and arrested the three accused, and rescued two women.
- 7 days ago 20 Jul 21, 10:30pm -
- Rain intensity reduces in Mumbai after heavy spell; local trains, bus services back to normal
The local train and road transport services, which were badly affected due to the torrential rains and water-logging on Sunday, were now running normal, they said.
- 9 days ago 19 Jul 21, 10:52am -
- Mumbai receives 250 mm rainfall in just three 3 hours
At least 25 people died in rain-related incidents in Mumbai, with 17 casualties reported from Chembur alone in a wall collapse mishap on Sunday.
- 9 days ago 19 Jul 21, 7:49am -
- Mumbai rains: Water complex hit, boil drinking water, BMC tells citizens
The inundation at the complex has affected water supply in most parts of the metropolis, the official added.
- 10 days ago 18 Jul 21, 4:52pm -
- Mumbai rain fury: 25 die in house collapses after landslides
Seventeen people died as a compound wall came crashing down on some houses located on a hillock after a landslide.
- 10 days ago 18 Jul 21, 1:41pm -
- Mumbai: After wall collapse, two women stood on wooden ladder for two hours over fear of electrocution
The woman said she opened the door and managed to come out of the house with the help of a wooden stick.
- 10 days ago 18 Jul 21, 1:17pm -
- PM Narendra Modi expresses sadness at loss of lives in Mumbai due to heavy rains
PM Narendra Modi expressed anguish at the loss of lives caused by wall collapse incidents in Mumbai due to heavy rains.
- 10 days ago 18 Jul 21, 12:42pm -
- Heavy rains pummel Mumbai; local train services suspended
The rain fury reminded some Mumbaikars of the 24-hour rainfall figure of 944 mm on July 26, 2005.
- 10 days ago 18 Jul 21, 7:49am -
- Mumbai records third highest one-day rainfall in July since 2009
On July 15, 2009, Mumbai had received 274.1 mm rainfall, while on July 2, 2019, it had recorded 376.2 mm rainfall, the IMD records showed.
- 12 days ago 16 Jul 21, 2:31pm -
- Heavy rains cause severe waterlogging in Mumbai, traffic routes diverted
Due to heavy rains and waterlogging the railway tracks were seen waterlogged and on the slow line near Kurla-Vidyavihar, trains are running 20-25 minutes late.
- 12 days ago 16 Jul 21, 10:58am -
- Mumbai: Cop feeds piece of cake to history-sheeter on latter's birthday; video goes viral
The 15-second video shows senior inspector Mahendra Nerleikar, in police uniform, feeding a piece of cake to Danish on the latter #39;s birthday being celebrated.
- 13 days ago 15 Jul 21, 1:07pm -
- Vaccines for pregnant women at 35 centres in Mumbai from July 15: BMC
Pregnant women infected with COVID-19, who have been treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma, can be vaccinated after 12 weeks of recovery, the civic body said.
- 13 days ago 15 Jul 21, 12:24am -
- Mumbai: 10 kg cake baked with hashish seized from psychologist
The raid in the home of consulting psychologist Rahmeen Charaniya in Mazgaon on Monday led to the seizure of the cake, being sold under the #39;hash brownie #39; name
- 15 days ago 13 Jul 21, 5:18pm -
- Mumbai COVID-19 centre employees allege dues not paid, approach police
The employees in their complaint lodged at the BKC police station alleged that Gaurav Joshi, who runs the placement agency, has threatened them.
- 15 days ago 13 Jul 21, 10:13am -
- Woman held with drugs worth Rs 1 crore in Mumbai
As per preliminary investigation into the case, the contraband stock, which was seized on Sunday, was brought here from Jammu and Kashmir, the official said.
- 16 days ago 12 Jul 21, 3:46pm -
- Mumbai: Two including transgender person arrested for killing baby girl
Initially, a case of kidnapping was registered, but section 302 (murder) was added later when the child #39;s body was recovered.
- 18 days ago 9 Jul 21, 11:02pm -
- Eight-year-old boy dies after ceiling plaster falls on him in Mumbai
The boy was declared dead on admission, while the woman is undergoing treatment and her condition is stable.
- 19 days ago 9 Jul 21, 9:23pm -
- Money laundering case: ED to record statement of ex-Mumbai top cop Parambir Singh
It may be recalled that on May 19, sacked cop Sachin Vaze had claimed to the ED that he had collected Rs 4.70 crore from bars in Mumbai allegedly on Deshmukh #39;s orders.
- 19 days ago 9 Jul 21, 3:53pm -
- Gulshan Kumar murder case: Abdul Rashid surrenders before Mumbai court as per HC order
The high court had directed him to surrender either before police station or the trial court, and also said that if he fails to surrender, the court can issue a non-bailable warrant against him.
- 21 days ago 7 Jul 21, 6:23pm -
- Four held in Mumbai for vandalising Prahar Janshkati Party's office; assaulting one
Four people have been arrested for allegedly vandalising the office of the PJP in Malwani and assaulting a party worker.
- 22 days ago 6 Jul 21, 8:01pm -
- Funeral service for Stan Swamy held at Mumbai church; his friends recall his love for tribals
Peter #39;s church in suburban Bandra on Tuesday as tributes continued to pour in for Stan Swamy from his well-wishers.
- 22 days ago 6 Jul 21, 7:41pm -
- Mumbai court denies bail to actor Ajaz Khan in drug case
NCB had conducted a raid in April at the residence of the TV actor in Mumbai #39;s Lokhandwala and seized drugs. He was arrested for the same after eight hours of interrogation.
- 22 days ago 6 Jul 21, 2:37pm -
- BMC wants to widen road touching Amitabh Bachchan's bungalow
While the wall of the plot adjoining Bachchan #39;s bungalow was demolished, Bachchan #39;s bungalow was left untouched, the corporator said, bemoaning the VIP treatment accorded to the veteran actor.
- 24 days ago 4 Jul 21, 6:52pm -
- Citizens irked over suspension of COVID-19 vaccination drive in Mumbai
Some residents also wondered if this was a bid to quot;divert people to private hospitals quot; for paid jabs rather than getting free vaccine doses at government centres.
- 27 days ago 1 Jul 21, 11:18am -
- Ex-Mumbai police commissioner RD Tyagi's son arrested for stalking estranged wife
According to the police, Raj Tyagi, who had come out on bail a few days ago in a domestic violence case, was apprehended by the police based on a complaint lodged by his estranged wife.
- 27 days ago 30 Jun 21, 10:30pm -
- No vaccination at civic, govt-run centres in Mumbai on July 1 due to shortage of doses: BMC
According to the BMC, so far 54,35,731 citizens have been inoculated in the metropolis. Of these, 10,72,578 beneficiaries have received the second dose as well.
- 28 days ago 30 Jun 21, 9:47pm -
- Maharashtra governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari seeks speedy clearances for Mumbai varsity buildings
Koshyari visited the Kalina campus of the university here and held a meeting with officials besides inspecting various departments and buildings
- 28 days ago 30 Jun 21, 7:17pm -
- Maharashtra government invites EoI for infrastructure development at Mumbai's Film City
The state government-owned company has issued a public notice inviting applications from national and international players in the film and media entertainment sector between June 28 and July 27.
- 28 days ago 30 Jun 21, 5:38pm -
- Over 700 Mumbai cops likely to be transferred to other districts
#39;Not all officers will be shifted in one go, as there can be some extra-ordinary considerations, like medical grounds or an officer nearing retirement, #39; the official said.
- 28 days ago 30 Jun 21, 12:02pm -
- Mumbai traffic cop caught accepting bribe from food delivery person
The assistant police inspector apprehended the delivery person for road normas violation and demanded Rs 2000 to give his vehicle back.
- 28 days ago 30 Jun 21, 11:58am -
- Mumbai fake vaccination scam: Day after court rejects pre-arrest bail, doctor surrenders before cops
Dr Manish Tripathi is one of the six accused whose name had cropped up in the #39;bogus #39; vaccination drive conducted at a housing society in suburban Kandivali last month.
- 29 days ago 29 Jun 21, 4:43pm -
- Find and don't spare 'big fish' in fake vaccination scam: HC to Mumbai police
The court also directed the city #39;s civic body to inform the court about steps that the civic body proposed to take to check those duped by such camps for antibodies.
- 29 days ago 29 Jun 21, 2:36pm -
- Schoolboy makes prank call to Mumbai hotel about terrorists
The iconic hotel in south Mumbai #39;s Colaba area was one of the targets of the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- 32 days ago 26 Jun 21, 6:25pm -
- Mumbai to remain in level three of COVID-19 curbs as cases spike at Maharashtra capital
BMC also said the metropolis has had an average positivity rate of 3.96 per cent and oxygen bed occupancy of 23.04 per cent over the last two weeks.
- 32 days ago 26 Jun 21, 12:56am -
- Mumbai: NIA searches office of 'encounter specialist' ex-cop Pradeep Sharma's NGO
NIA officials reached the office of P S Foundation located in the Andheri MIDC area this evening and conducted searches, the sources said.
- 34 days ago 24 Jun 21, 12:28am -
- Fake TRP scam: Mumbai Police names Arnab Goswami as accused in second chargesheet
The chargesheet was submitted before a magistrate #39;s court by the police #39;s Crime Intelligence Unit probing the case.
- 35 days ago 23 Jun 21, 12:50am -
- Ambani bomb scare case: Three remanded in NIA custody
The NIA told the court Shelar and Jadhav had revealed during interrogation that Mansukh Hiran was allegedly killed at the behest of former police officers Sachin Waze and Sharma.
- 37 days ago 21 Jun 21, 6:39pm -
- Mumbai qualifies for 'level-1' of unlocking, but Covid curbs to continue
The positivity rate has come down to 3.79 per cent and the oxygen bed occupancy is 23.56 per cent, the city civic body said.
- 37 days ago 21 Jun 21, 3:48pm -
- Mumbai doctor held for forging papers to facilitate illegal adoption
One of the kin of the family that adopted the infant boy approached Mumbai police claiming the papers, including birth certificate, seem to be fake.
- 38 days ago 20 Jun 21, 3:23pm -
- Mumbai vaccination fraud: Fifth accused detained in Madhya Pradesh
The members had also expressed fears that the vaccine administered could be spurious.
- 39 days ago 19 Jun 21, 7:21pm -
- Four held for fraudulent COVID-19 vaccination camp at Mumbai housing society
The Hiranandani Heritage Residents Welfare Association had said that a vaccination camp was arranged by the residential complex on May 30.
- 40 days ago 18 Jun 21, 7:31pm -
- Coast Guard rescues crew of sinking ship off Raigad coast in Maharashtra
When the distress message was received from barge merchant vessel called quot;Mangalam quot;, two Chetak helicopters and one ship were launched from Daman by ICG.
- 41 days ago 17 Jun 21, 6:22pm -
- Antilia gelatin sticks case: NIA raids Shiv Sena leader and former cop Pradeep Sharma's house
Roads leading to the building, where Sharma lives, have been cordoned off by the central security forces and public movement in the area has been restricted.
- 41 days ago 17 Jun 21, 10:27am -
- Mumbai's Dharavi records zero Covid-19 cases for second consecutive day
Dharavi which has a population of about 10 lakh densely packed into an area of 2.1 square kilometers had reported its first COVID-19 case on April 1 last year.
- 42 days ago 16 Jun 21, 12:16am -
- NIA arrests two more persons in Antilia bomb scare case
NIA had arrested Inspector of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch, Sunil Mane for his involvement in the case.
- 43 days ago 15 Jun 21, 4:48pm -
- COVID-19: No new case reported in Dharavi for the first time since February 2nd
Dharavi #39;s infection tally stands unchanged at 6,861, while the active caseload is 13, comprising seven in hospitals and six in home isolation.
- 44 days ago 14 Jun 21, 5:14pm -
- WATCH | Concrete floor caves in, car sinks into water in Mumbai; video goes viral
The incident took place in a residential society on Cama Lane in Ghatkopar West on Sunday morning, police said.
- 45 days ago 13 Jun 21, 6:21pm -
- Despite decline in Covid cases, Mumbai to remain under lockdown due to heavy rainfall
The decision was taken keeping in mind the city #39;s geographical structures, the density of population, heavy rainfall prediction and the number of people coming through local trains.
- 46 days ago 12 Jun 21, 11:39am -
- Andheri subway flooded as Mumbai continues to witness heavy downpour
Meanwhile, Mumbai Mayor Kishori Kishor Pednekar has notified that strict action would be taken against those who are found dumping garbage in the drains and gutters.
- 46 days ago 12 Jun 21, 9:26am -
- Extremely heavy showers expected in Mumbai region on Sunday, IMD warns
In the rest of Maharashtra, there would be moderate rains with thunderstorms and lightning in the next two days with varied intensity, the forecast said.
- 46 days ago 12 Jun 21, 1:03am -
- Respite for Mumbai residents after two days of rains
The first rains of this year #39;s monsoon season in Mumbai had also caused water-logging in various parts of the city on that day.
- 47 days ago 11 Jun 21, 2:00pm -
- 11 dead, including eight children, in Mumbai building collapse
Fire brigade and other agencies immediately rushed to the spot and started a search and rescue operation, the official from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation said.
- 47 days ago 11 Jun 21, 9:50am -
- Mumbai building collapse: Man survives, but loses nine family members
During cyclone Tauktae last month, the building suffered certain damages, he said, adding that Wednesday #39;s incident could have been averted if proper precautions had been taken.
- 48 days ago 10 Jun 21, 2:57pm -
- How India's most crowded city Mumbai tackled the vicious Covid second wave
As 2020 wore on, it looked like India might have miraculously beaten the pandemic and lockdown restrictions were eased. But in Mumbai, authorities didn #39;t dismantle a single bed.
- 49 days ago 9 Jun 21, 4:26pm -
- Heavy rain in Mumbai as monsoon arrives, 4 subways shut due to inundation leaving motorists stuck
The city police appealed to Mumbaikars not to step out of their homes unnecessarily, and cautioned them against travelling to some of the inundated areas.
- 49 days ago 9 Jun 21, 3:08pm -
- Monsoon arrives in Mumbai; local train services hit after heavy rains
A high tide of over four metres is expected around noon in the Arabian Sea, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation said.
- 49 days ago 9 Jun 21, 11:59am -
- Film and TV industry in Mumbai allowed to shoot till 5 pm in bio bubble
The industry has reacted positively to the decision but has also said it will take time for the complete resumption.
- 50 days ago 8 Jun 21, 4:54pm -
- Rain lashes Mumbai; MeT dept calls it pre-monsoon showers
When contacted, Shubhangi Bhute, director at the RMC Mumbai, termed the present rainfall in the city as #39;convective precipitation #39;.
- 50 days ago 8 Jun 21, 11:49am -
- Mumbai unlock: Restaurants, gyms reopen after two months
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) appealed to citizens not to let their guard down and follow all precautions to check the spread of COVID-19.
- 51 days ago 7 Jun 21, 1:37pm -