- Four arrested from Mumbai for killing man, dumping body along highway
A case of murder was registered and the victim was subsequently identified as Paras Gupta, a resident of Samata Nagar in Kandivali, the official said.
- 2 days ago 27 Nov 20, 5:34pm -
- Three train passengers test COVID-19 positive during screening in Mumbai
The highest number of 3,821 passengers were screened at Borivali station, followed by 3,236 at Mumbai Central and 3,010 at Bandra Terminus.
- 2 days ago 27 Nov 20, 12:23am -
- 26/11: Braveheart cop who entered Taj Hotel during terror attack relives horrific night
Among the unsung heroes of 26/11 is Rajvardhan Sinha who was one of the first policemen to enter the Taj Hotel when it was attacked. Here, he recalls the harrowing tale.
- 3 days ago 26 Nov 20, 8:11pm -
- 12 years of 26/11 attacks: Plucky Mumbai girl who sealed Ajmal Kasab's fate
The testimony was provided by a minor Mumbai girl Devika N. Rotawan, 8, (then) -- who took a bullet in the leg when Kasab and his associate opened fire inside the CSMT building.
- 3 days ago 26 Nov 20, 11:25am -
- NCB officials including Mumbai zonal director attacked amid raid on drugs peddlers; three arrested
An official said that as the NCB team reached Bhagat Singh Nagar locality in Goregaon, around 50 people, including women, gathered there and later attacked them.
- 6 days ago 23 Nov 20, 3:30pm -
- Navi Mumbai police arrest man for cheating at least 23 job seekers
Acting on a tip-off, officials of the Economic Offences Wing apprehended Dileep Kumar Jagdishprasad Sinha from Vadodara on Thursday, the official said.
- 8 days ago 21 Nov 20, 3:26pm -
- Students, teaching, non-teaching staff allowed in Mumbai local trains up to December 10
All the valid id-cards and hall tickets would be examined by the authorities before granting access to enter.
- 8 days ago 21 Nov 20, 11:39am -
- 'Leaders have problems, not people' with low-key Chhath celebrations: Mumbai mayor Kishori Pednekar
A ban on public Chhath Puja celebrations and lockdown has been imposed in the state till November 30 because of the spike in COVID-19 cases.
- 9 days ago 20 Nov 20, 11:25am -
- Fire breaks out at godown in Mumbai's Sakinaka area; no one injured
The fire broke out in the godown, where gunny bags were kept, around 8:45 am and later spread to some hutments in a neighbouring slum area of the eastern suburb.
- 12 days ago 17 Nov 20, 10:54am -
- Mumbai's Siddhivinayak temple to allow 1,000 devotees beginning November 16
Religious places in Maharashtra, which have been shut since a COVID-19 lockdown was imposed in March, are set to reopen from Monday during ongoing Diwali festival.
- 14 days ago 15 Nov 20, 8:57pm -
- Krunal Pandya found in possession of undisclosed luxury watches, case handed over to Customs: DRI
Krunal was held under the suspicion of possessing undisclosed gold and other valuables while returning from the UAE on Thursday night.
- 16 days ago 13 Nov 20, 1:02pm -
- Dawood Ibrahim's ancestral home, five other properties auctioned
The auction was held by authorities under the Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act (SAFEMA), the official said.
- 18 days ago 11 Nov 20, 11:04am -
- Senior Republic TV executive Ghanshyam Singh held in fake TRP scam
Singh, who is also Assistant Vice President of the Republic Media Network, was picked up from his residence around 7.40 am, the official said.
- 18 days ago 11 Nov 20, 9:59am -
- Mumbai civic body bans firecrackers, fireworks ahead of Diwali; allows 'anar', sparklers
In a circular, the BMC also appealed citizens to celebrate Diwali with due precaution and by following COVID-19 protocol.
- 20 days ago 9 Nov 20, 12:48pm -
- Major fire at godown in Mumbai's Malad, dousing operation on
The blaze erupted around 5.50 pm at the godown located in Triveni Nagar area, and it had not been put out completely even five hours later, fire brigade sources said late at night.
- 22 days ago 7 Nov 20, 1:39am -
- Designer Anway Naik suicide: Alibaug court gives 14 days judicial custody to Arnab Goswami; scribe also booked for 'assaulting' cops
Meanwhile, Arnab Goswami #39;s lawyer has moved Bombay High Court for quashing the FIR against him in Anvay Naik suicide case.
- 24 days ago 5 Nov 20, 1:11am -
- Mumbai-based RTI activist booked for 'raping' 17-year-old cousin
According to the official, the 17-year-old victim had lodged a police complaint alleging the RTI activist (30) raped her in the house where they both resided in suburban Malwani.
- 25 days ago 4 Nov 20, 5:16pm -
- Couple, son held near Mumbai for bid to kill daughter over love affair
According to police, a farmer had found the young woman crying in pain on Suruchi beach in Vasai on Sunday, after which he alerted the police.
- 25 days ago 4 Nov 20, 10:57am -
- Medicines without examination may have caused Sushant Singh Rajput's suicide: Mumbai Police to HC
The affidavit filed by Bandra police #39;s senior inspector Nikhil Kapse refuted the allegations that the police were damaging the reputation of the petitioners or any deceased person.
- 26 days ago 3 Nov 20, 12:23pm -
- Man stabbed, injured outside Mumbai bank in broad daylight
The CCTV footage of the area around Dena Bank was being checked to nab the culprits, a Vakola police station official said.
- 27 days ago 2 Nov 20, 3:03pm -
- 244 free COVID-19 testing centres started in Mumbai
The free COVID-19 testing facilities have been started at 244 locations in the BMC-run hospitals and dispensaries in the city, the release said.
- 27 days ago 2 Nov 20, 12:26pm -
- 753 new suburban services, 88 per cent locals now back on track in Mumbai
With this, the special suburban services on the CR routes have increased to 1,572 from the earlier 1,020, while the WR services have gone up to 1,201 from 1,000.
- 27 days ago 2 Nov 20, 11:36am -
- Three cab drivers held in Mumbai for duping pax with app-GPS fraud
The accused would switch on and switch off the vehicle #39;s GPS in such a way that the route distance would increase, resulting in greater fare.
- 28 days ago 1 Nov 20, 7:31pm -
- 196 held from bar, pub for lockdown norms violation in Mumbai
The Maharashtra government has been easing restrictions, imposed to contain the spread of coronavirus, in a phased manner.
- 28 days ago 1 Nov 20, 1:43pm -
- Mumbai municipal body collects about Rs 3.5 crore for face mask norms violation since April 20
As per the data provided by the BMC, there were 9,107 fines for violations on October 29 alone from which Rs 18,21,400 were collected.
- 29 days ago 31 Oct 20, 12:42pm -
- Woman dies, two injured after crane collides with metro pillar in Mumbai
The impact of the collision was so strong that the crane split into two parts and the woman standing at the bus stop got trapped under the rear wheels of crane.
- 29 days ago 31 Oct 20, 10:34am -
- Can carry only 25 per cent commuters in Mumbai with distancing: Railways
The Central Railway wrote that it can ferry a maximum of 12.4 lakh of the 45 lakh passengers who traveled on its suburban network before pandemic.
- 30 days ago 30 Oct 20, 1:36am -
- Lift travel restrictions in Mumbai local trains in non-peak hours: Maharashtra government to Railways
At present only certain categories of persons including essential services staff are allowed to travel by local trains, Mumbai #39;s lifeline, in view of the coronavirus threat.
- 31 days ago 28 Oct 20, 10:37pm -
- Another person held in TRP rigging scam
Mumbai Police on Wednesday arrested one more person in the Television Rating Points manipulation scam, an official said.
- 32 days ago 28 Oct 20, 9:20pm -
- Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Jadhav alleges threat to life, files police complaint
The Lok Sabha member along with his supporters went to Nanalpeth police station in Maharashtra #39;s Parbhani district on Tuesday and lodged the complaint.
- 32 days ago 28 Oct 20, 11:22am -
- Police ban drones, paragliders in Mumbai skies
Section 144 empowers the police to issue prohibitory orders in cases of nuisance or apprehended danger.
- 33 days ago 27 Oct 20, 7:57pm -
- 105 MSRTC bus staff contract COVID-19 after working in Mumbai
BEST, the Mumbai civic body #39;s transport wing, had hired buses, drivers and conductors from the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) on contract.
- 33 days ago 27 Oct 20, 12:27pm -
- Lawyers allowed to travel in special Mumbai suburban trains
Earlier last week, the Railway authorities permitted women to travel on special suburban services during non-peak hours.
- 33 days ago 27 Oct 20, 1:52am -
- Blaze at Mumbai mall doused after 56 hours with help of 14 fire engines, 17 jumbo tankers
The fire at the City Centre Mall in Mumbai Central area broke out on the second floor of the basement-plus-three- storey structure at 8.50 pm on Thursday.
- 35 days ago 25 Oct 20, 10:49am -
- Mumbai-based street artist Tyler claims the street in a stealthy way
Famously known as India #39;s Banksy, Tyler #39;s pseudonym is supposedly inspired by a character in the film, Fight Club.
- 36 days ago 24 Oct 20, 6:44pm -
- Stopped for not wearing helmet, woman beats up traffic cop in Mumbai
In the video, the woman is seen claiming that the constable had verbally abused her, while the latter is seen refuting her allegation.
- 36 days ago 24 Oct 20, 4:57pm -
- Mumbai mall blaze: Fire-fighting continues after 36 hours
As many as 18 fire engines and 10 jumbo tankers are engaged in the operation to douse the fire, an official said.
- 36 days ago 24 Oct 20, 11:11am -
- Mumbai mall blaze: Fire dousing operations still on after more than 20 hours
The fire erupted in a mobile shop on the second floor of the mall, which mainly houses shops for mobile accessories, besides a few other stores.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 8:49pm -
- FIR against four Republic TV journalists for 'incitement to disaffection' among Mumbai Police
The FIR, registered at N M Joshi Marg Police Station in the city, pertained to a report run by the channel about a `revolt #39; against the city police commissioner by senior officers, an official said.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 6:44pm -
- Mumbai: Fire in power coach of parked AC local, none hurt
The fire brigade was alerted about the incident, but before its team arrived around 2.50 am, the blaze had already been doused by the car shed staff with the help of a fire extinguisher and water.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 12:04pm -
- Mumbai: Raza Academy to approach court regarding Eid Milad-un-Nabi procession
An important meeting of Muslim organisations and high-ranking representatives and personalities of the city was called to discuss the issue of celebrating Eid Milad-un-Nabi in Maharashtra.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 10:51am -
- Mumbai mall blaze: 3,500 people evacuated from adjacent tower
A major fire erupted at the City Center Mall in Mumbai Central area at 8.50 pm on Thursday.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 10:20am -
- Fire breaks out in Mumbai mall; no casualties reported
This was the second fire in the city on Thursday. Earlier in the day, a fire had broken out in a garment factory at Kurla West. It was doused after more than two hours.
- 37 days ago 23 Oct 20, 12:10am -
- 31-year-old pilot assaulted over vehicle parking issue in Mumbai, three booked
The victim, Joash Gonsalves, filed a complaint against one Sheikh Noorul Hasan, his son Zaid and another person who allegedly bashed him up outside his building #39;Golden Tower #39;, the official said.
- 38 days ago 22 Oct 20, 6:31pm -
- Mumbai lawyer files criminal complaint against Kangana Ranaut for 'malicious' tweet against judiciary
The police have already summoned Ranaut and her sister for questioning next week after a case was registered against them on the Bandra Metropolitan Magistrate #39;s order on another complaint.
- 38 days ago 22 Oct 20, 5:38pm -
- Sex offender walks out of a police station in Mumbai, flees in cab
Giving details of his case, the official said the accused had assured a teenaged boy, who got separated from his family, that he will help in finding his father.
- 39 days ago 21 Oct 20, 2:05pm -
- Western Railway adds four 'ladies special' local trains in Mumbai
Women will be allowed to board the other suburban trains also during the non-peak hours, officials said.
- 39 days ago 21 Oct 20, 11:14am -
- HC allows BMC to hold physical meeting of standing committee
The PIL, moved by Makarand Narwekar and Prabhakar Shinde, alleged that the civic body #39;s intention was to pass all proposals without any discussion.
- 40 days ago 20 Oct 20, 5:55pm -
- BEST bus driver suffers heart attack in Mumbai; all passengers safe
The BEST bus was on way from Chembur to Tata Power House when its driver lost control over the wheels near Basant Cinema after suffering a heart attack around 11 am.
- 40 days ago 20 Oct 20, 2:47pm -
- WATCH | Patients play 'garba' at Mumbai COVID-19 facilities in viral video
In one of the videos, a number of COVID-19 patients with masks on their faces are seen performing garba along with health workers wearing PPE kits on a Bollywood song in a female ward.
- 40 days ago 20 Oct 20, 10:07am -
- Republic TV approaches Bombay HC to quash the FIR in TRP scam
The petition was filed on Friday asked to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh for quot;gross dereliction of duty and abuse of power. quot;
- 42 days ago 17 Oct 20, 11:12pm -
- Protest held in Mumbai to seek justice for Hathras rape victim
Shelke said his organisation has written a letter to President Ram Nath Kovind urging him to ensure strict punishment to the accused in the case.
- 44 days ago 16 Oct 20, 10:40am -
- Three booked for doing stunts on ledge of Mumbai high-rise
A video of dangerous stunts performed on the ledge of the top-most floor of the 23-storey Bharat SRA building went viral on social media.
- 45 days ago 15 Oct 20, 3:04pm -
- Heavy overnight rain in Mumbai; waterlogging in some areas
Roads in some low-lying areas like Hindmata, King #39;s Circle and Kalachowki were inundated after heavy rainfall during the night.
- 45 days ago 15 Oct 20, 11:29am -
- Soil testing for metro car sheds begins in Kanjurmarg: Aaditya Thackeray
Maharashtra environment minister also tweeted that the Kanjurmarg plot has been handed over to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for the car depot project.
- 46 days ago 14 Oct 20, 4:16pm -
- Sabotage suspected in Mumbai power outage: Maharashtra Energy Minister Nitin Raut
Nitin Raut said the power breakdown in the metropolis and neighbouring Thane and Navi Mumbai on Monday was not a small issue.
- 46 days ago 14 Oct 20, 1:19pm -
- Youngest 26/11 survivor, eye-witness moves Bombay HC for home, help
A division bench of Justices Nitin Jamdar and Milind Jadhav directed the court registry to forward a copy of Rotawan #39;s petition for the consideration of Maharashtra #39;s chief secretary.
- 47 days ago 13 Oct 20, 7:57pm -
- Car shed shifting will affect Aarey Metro project, transport: Experts
Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray on Sunday announced the scrapping of the Aarey Metro car shed.
- 47 days ago 13 Oct 20, 10:28am -
- Mumbai power outage brings local trains to standstill, CM orders probe
State Energy Minister Nitin Raut also said the reasons behind the technical snag that caused power failure in parts of the MMR will be probed once the electricity supply is restored.
- 47 days ago 13 Oct 20, 9:44am -
- Fire breaks out at private hospital in Mumbai, one among 40 patients relocated succumbs
The fire broke out in a generator set at Apex Hospital in Mulund (West) between 5 pm and 6 pm due to overheating, they said.
- 47 days ago 13 Oct 20, 12:52am -
- Mumbai power outage: Local train services resume partially, Work From Home staffers hit
Railway services across city on the Western Railway and Central Railway came to a grinding halt at 1005 hrs as a result of the power outage.
- 48 days ago 12 Oct 20, 5:58pm -
- Train services disrupted as power failure hits Mumbai, government says electricity to be restored soon
BEST said that the electric supply is interrupted due to TATA #39;s incoming electric supply failure.
- 48 days ago 12 Oct 20, 1:33pm -
- Uddhav government to relocate Metro car shed at Aarey forest to Kanjurmarg, withdraws cases against activists
The Maharashtra CM also said the building which has come up in Aarey forest will be utilised for some other public purpose.
- 49 days ago 11 Oct 20, 4:38pm -
- Fake TRP scam: Mumbai Police's Economic Offense Wing to probe financial angle
According to sources, the EOW will investigate the alleged diversion of funds and proceeds of crime in terms of advertising revenue earned by fake TRPs.
- 50 days ago 10 Oct 20, 9:05pm -
- Air India to resume service to Mumbai
Air India would resume direct flights on the Mumbai-Mangaluru-Mumbai sector from October 12, the airline said.
- 50 days ago 10 Oct 20, 5:53pm -