- newSushant Singh Rajput death case: Senior Patna police officer 'forcibly quarantined' in Mumbai
Bihar police has alleged that Patna(Central) SP Vinay Tiwari has been forcibly quarantined by BMC officials and he was not provided accomodation in the IPS mess despite request.
- 23 hours ago 3 Aug 20, 9:00am -
- From 23 per cent in June to 3 per cent in July, Dharavi’s COVID-19 case share comes down
Initially everyone thought that it was difficult to contain the virus in Dharavi because of its density and crammed rooms.
- 1 day ago 2 Aug 20, 8:58pm -
- Akshay Kumar has given fitness trackers to Mumbai cops: Aaditya Thackeray
Thackeray added that he discussed about giving some of these trackers to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation.
- 2 days ago 2 Aug 20, 7:44pm -
- Fire at a private hospital in South Mumbai, no casualties
At least six fire brigade vehicles were rushed the spot and the flames was doused around 1 am
- 3 days ago 1 Aug 20, 12:38pm -
- Mumbai could be close to herd immunity: BMC
Dr Avinash Supe, chairman of the COVID-19 death audit committee, said it was too early to talk about herd immunity.
- 5 days ago 30 Jul 20, 10:31am -
- 1,118 new COVID-19 cases in Mumbai take tally to 1,11,964, growth rate below one per cent
The average doubling rate of COVID-19 cases in the country #39;s financial capital has improved to 72 days, said the BMC.
- 5 days ago 29 Jul 20, 11:37pm -
- 40-year-old Coronavirus positive Sudanese untraceable from Mumbai hotel
During the COVID-19 test, he had mentioned a hotel in Colaba as his residential address in the metropolis, an official said.
- 6 days ago 29 Jul 20, 4:52pm -
- COVID-19: 209 nurses hired by Mumbai civic body in April-May yet to get salary
The Municipal Mazdoor Union (MMU) said the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) hired these nurses under a special recruitment drive in April-May after the coronavirus outbreak in the city.
- 8 days ago 27 Jul 20, 6:31pm -
- Severe waterlogging in parts of Mumbai due to heavy rains
The Regional Meteorological Centre of Mumbai has predicted moderate rain and thunderstorm in the city for 24 hours. There is a possibility of occasional intense spells.
- 8 days ago 27 Jul 20, 3:06pm -
- Bakri Eid: Amid COVID-19 outbreak, sacrificial goats get expensive in Mumbai
The price has increased from Rs 20,000 earlier to Rs 30,000 per goat now, with the sale based on weight, making it out of reach for several families who want to carry out the traditional sacrifice.
- 9 days ago 26 Jul 20, 5:33pm -
- BJP warns of intensifying protest over 'inflated' power bills in Mumbai
Mumbai BJP chief Mangal Prabhat Lodha alleged that the BEST has issued inflated bills to Mumbaikars, whose income has been affected by lockdown.
- 11 days ago 24 Jul 20, 7:21pm -
- University of Mumbai to set up sub-centre in Sindhudurg district: Vice-Chancellor Suhas Pednekar
The Mumbai University has entered into an agreement with the University of Western Australia, which has done a lot of research in the field of sea.
- 11 days ago 24 Jul 20, 6:11pm -
- Stopping elderly artistes to go out and work is discrimination: Bombay HC to Maharashtra government
The court said that the state #39;s decision to prohibit the artistes above 65 years of age, even if they are physically fit, from going out for shooting is #39;discrimination #39;.
- 11 days ago 24 Jul 20, 2:54pm -
- Only five people for immersion of Ganesh idols: BMC to Mumbaikars as city's COVID-19 tally crosses one lakh mark
Besides public installation of Lord Ganesh idols, thousands of people install such idols at home and immerse them on different days during the 10-day festival.
- 11 days ago 24 Jul 20, 10:50am -
- Fire breaks out at high-rise building in Mumbai's Wadala
The incident occurred at 11:12 am and the fire brigade team was mobilized.
- 12 days ago 23 Jul 20, 4:50pm -
- Mumbai COVID-19 situation 'in control': BMC official as city's recovery rate crosses 70 per cent
Suresh Kakani also said that Ganesh mandals in the city have been asked to keep the Ganpati festival celebrations simple and low-key this year and focus on social service.
- 13 days ago 22 Jul 20, 2:39pm -
- Stranded bus passengers create ruckus at Mumbai's Nallasopara railway station, halt local trains
An office-goer told the media that the Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation (MSRTC) stopped plying its buses for Mumbai since morning.
- 13 days ago 22 Jul 20, 2:13pm -
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 patient escapes Pune home isolation, reaches Dubai via Mumbai
After reaching Sharjah, she messaged the society members and authorities, with whom she was in contact for home isolation that she has reached Sharjah and has tested negative at the airport.
- 13 days ago 21 Jul 20, 9:59pm -
- Mumbai reports 995 new COVID-19 cases, takes toll to 1,03,262
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) said the number of recovered patients reached 73,555 after 905 more patients were discharged from hospitals in the past 24 hours.
- 13 days ago 21 Jul 20, 9:43pm -
- Mumbai police constable succumbs to COVID-19, force toll 52
The COVID-19 victim, a resident of Navi Mumbai, was attached to Tilaknagar police station and was admitted in Somaiya Hospital in Chunabhatti on June 22 after falling ill, he informed.
- 14 days ago 21 Jul 20, 8:20pm -
- Bombay HC asks NIA, Maharashtra government if Varavara Rao's family can see him
Rao #39;s lawyer Sudeep Pasbola told the court that the activist was #39;almost on his deathbed #39; and that if he were to die, it should be in the presence of his family.
- 14 days ago 21 Jul 20, 9:03am -
- Family seeks clarity on Varavara Rao's health condition; wants to be with him
They demanded that the Maharashtra government allow a family member to assist/attend the poet quot;since he is reportedly not in a position to do anything on his own.
- 14 days ago 20 Jul 20, 10:56pm -
- Mumbai's COVID-19 cases up by 1,043 to over 1.02 lakh; 41 die
With 965 more patients being discharged from hospitals during the day, the number of recovered cases in Mumbai has increased to 72,650, the BMC said.
- 14 days ago 20 Jul 20, 9:16pm -
- Rs 1000 fine to be put for speeding between toll plazas on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
An officer said the distance between Khalapur and Urse toll plazas, located in Raigad and Pune districts respectively, is about 50 km.
- 15 days ago 20 Jul 20, 6:28pm -
- Amritsar-bound train hits dumper truck at Mumbai's Kandivali station, no casualty
Sources said that the locomotive got a dent on a side adding that the dumper and the railway premises suffered some damages.
- 15 days ago 20 Jul 20, 3:03pm -
- COVID-19 effect: BMC urges Ganesh mandals to follow 'one ward-one Ganpati' concept
Vishwas Mote, the assistant municipal commissioner of K-West ward, which covers Andheri-West, Juhu, Versova and other areas, made this appeal in a letter to the Ganpati mandals last week.
- 15 days ago 20 Jul 20, 1:23pm -
- Poet-activist Varavara Rao shifted to private super speciality hospital
The veteran activist, an accused in the Elgar Parishad case, has not been keeping well for some time. His family had said that he was being held in terrible conditions at a state hospital.
- 15 days ago 20 Jul 20, 4:37am -
- Seven held in Mumbai for selling Remdesivir injections at higher cost
Seven persons have been arrested for allegedly selling Remdesivir injections being used in treatment of COVID-19 at a higher price.
- 16 days ago 19 Jul 20, 8:14pm -
- Six new coronavirus patients in Dharavi, tally reaches 2,444
The World Health Organisation had recently noted the civic authorities #39; success in controlling the pandemic in Dharavi.
- 16 days ago 18 Jul 20, 8:33pm -
- Mumbai's COVID-19 recovery rate better than national: Data
Mumbai #39;s recovery rate is nearly 15 per cent more than that of Maharashtra, which is 55.62 per cent, it said.
- 17 days ago 18 Jul 20, 2:35pm -
- Bombay HC notice to Maharashtra minister Vijay Wadettiwar on plea over hiding cases for passport
A petition has alleged that when Waddettiwar applied for passport in Nagpur in May 2001 for the first time, he deliberately did not disclose the criminal cases pending against him.
- 17 days ago 18 Jul 20, 11:14am -
- Ten dead in Mumbai building collapse, 23 rescued by fire brigade
The Mumbai fire brigade rescued 23 persons who were trapped since morning.
- 17 days ago 17 Jul 20, 9:33pm -
- Varavara Rao tests positive for COVID-19, shifted to Mumbai's St George's hospital
The 81-year-old Hyderabad-based poet and activist had been admitted to the Sir JJ hospital on July 13 after his health deteriorated and following repeated pleas from his family.
- 18 days ago 17 Jul 20, 12:07pm -
- VSEZ chief: 628 units begin operations during lockdown
Reddy said they have given approval for a number of new units and broad banding for the existing units, particularly in pharma sector, and kept their activities going on even during lockdown.
- 18 days ago 17 Jul 20, 10:15am -
- Death toll in south Mumbai building collapse rises to six, search operations still underway
Two persons were killed after a corner portion of six-storey #39;Bhanushali #39; building collapsed in the Fort area around 4.45 pm on Thursday.
- 18 days ago 17 Jul 20, 10:08am -
- Four killed, 15 rescued as two buildings collapse in Mumbai
Two people were rescued from the debris and admitted to hospital, said a Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) official.
- 18 days ago 16 Jul 20, 11:04pm -
- 13 new coronavirus cases in Dharavi, tally rises to 2,428; active cases only 99
Last week, the World Health Organisation had praised the BMC #39;s efforts to contain the spread of the coronavirus in Dharavi.
- 19 days ago 16 Jul 20, 7:53pm -
- Heavy showers in Mumbai, more rains likely in next 24 hours: IMD
Areas like Bandra and Mahalaxmi in the city received 201 mm and 129 mm rainfall, respectively, between 8.30 am on Wednesday and 6.30 am on Thursday.
- 19 days ago 16 Jul 20, 12:33pm -
- COVID-19 cases top 20-mark after almost a month in Mumbai's Dharavi; tally 2,415
On several days, single digit infections were found in Dharavi and on July 7, just one case was registered in the area.
- 20 days ago 15 Jul 20, 7:13pm -
- Mumbai rains: IMD upgrades warning status for city and coastal Maha; issues red alert
The city has been witnessing heavy rains since Tuesday night, resulting in water logging in many areas.
- 20 days ago 15 Jul 20, 2:12pm -
- WATCH | Mumbai woman halts husband's car on road; disrupts traffic
The incident, which took place on Saturday evening, was recorded by some passersby on their mobile phones and its videos are making rounds on social media.
- 20 days ago 15 Jul 20, 12:56pm -
- Mumbai logs COVID-19 recovery rate of 70 per cent; tally reaches 93,894 in city
In another positive indicator, the doubling rate of coronavirus cases improved to 51 days in the last seven days while the average growth rate of cases has fallen to 1.36 per cent from 1.68 per cent o
- 21 days ago 13 Jul 20, 10:23pm -
- With proactive strategy, Dharavi tamed COVID-19 spread, won WHO's praise
Instead of waiting for patients to come to hospitals, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) screened people in Dharavi pro-actively which helped, a senior official said.
- 23 days ago 12 Jul 20, 9:45am -
- Fire breaks out at shopping centre in Mumbai's Borivali; no casualty reported
As many as 14 fire engines have reached the spot. Efforts are on to douse the fire.
- 24 days ago 11 Jul 20, 3:01pm -
- WHO praises efforts to contain COVID-19 in Mumbai's Dharavi slums
Nine new COVID-19 cases were reported in Dharavi area of Mumbai on Thursday taking the total number of cases to 2,347.
- 24 days ago 11 Jul 20, 2:31pm -
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray suggests wardwise groups to contain COVID-19 in Mumbai
CM Uddhav Thackeray said that these groups should adopt aggressive strategy for door-to-door screening and isolation of suspected COVID-19 cases.
- 25 days ago 10 Jul 20, 1:03am -
- Post vandalism, Maharashtra government to provide 24x7 security to Dr BR Ambedkar's Mumbai home
Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray said that they will not tolerate any kind of attack and strict action will be taken against the culprits.
- 26 days ago 8 Jul 20, 8:36pm -
- Three new coronavirus cases found in Dharavi; tally now 2,338
On Tuesday, just one COVID-19 patient was found in Dharavi, once a hotspot which has seen a dramatic improvement in the coronavirus situation.
- 27 days ago 8 Jul 20, 6:33pm -
- Nigerian nabbed with Rs 2 crore worth Amphetamine in Navi Mumbai
The accused was nabbed when he alighted from New Delhi-Ernakulam Mangala Express after pulling the alarm chain between Nilaje and Taloja stations.
- 27 days ago 8 Jul 20, 6:14pm -
- FIR filed after Vandalism at Babasaheb Ambedkar's Mumbai residence
Two persons threw stones on glass windows, and damaged CCTV cameras and potted plants at Rajgruh in Dadar area here on Tuesday night, the official said.
- 27 days ago 8 Jul 20, 1:58pm -
- Sunny morning in Mumbai; IMD forecasts moderate rain in Maharashtra capital
Mumbai, neighbouring Thane and other districts in the coastal Konkan region of Maharashtra received heavy showers over the past few days.
- 27 days ago 8 Jul 20, 1:08pm -
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation permits voluntary COVID-19 swab testing sans prescription
The private laboratories which are testing the patients without any prescription should inform the positive patients first to the BMC about their result.
- 27 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:54pm -
- Only one new coronavirus case found in Mumbai's Dharavi area
In Dharavi, 2335 total positive patients have reported while 352 total active cases and 1735 patients got cured and discharged from the hospitals as well.
- 27 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:40pm -
- Over 15 lakh quarantined in Mumbai since outbreak: BMC
Till Monday, Mumbai reported 85,326 COVID-19 cases and 4,935 deaths due to the disease, the BMC said.
- 28 days ago 7 Jul 20, 1:05pm -
- Intermittent intense rain likely in Mumbai: IMD
The Harnai weather bureau in coastal Ratnagiri district in Konkan region reported 30.2 mm rainfall during the period.
- 28 days ago 7 Jul 20, 11:54am -
- Over 100 mm rain in suburban Mumbai, Thane in last 24 hours; more showers likely
The observatory in Thane-Belapur Industrial Association area recorded 213.4 mm rainfall during the 24 hours ending at 8.30 am on Monday.
- 29 days ago 6 Jul 20, 12:56pm -
- Mumbai police chief Param Bir Singh meets CM Uddhav Thackeray after transfer of DCPs get revoked
The meeting assumed importance as the government revoked its order to transfer 10 DCPs that once again triggered talks about lack of coordination between Shiv Sena and NCP.
- 29 days ago 5 Jul 20, 9:40pm -
- Mumbai police register FIR over bomb threat call to Taj hotels
The caller, claiming himself to be a member of Pakistan-based LeT, had said he was calling from Karachi and threatened to blow up the hotels in Colaba and Bandra.
- 29 days ago 5 Jul 20, 9:26pm -
- Order for transfer of 10 DCPs in Mumbai revoked: Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh
The transfers were cancelled since the government felt any changes at this juncture would hurt the coordination process and also impact the on-ground deployment of police personnel.
- 30 days ago 5 Jul 20, 7:55pm -
- Powai lake overflows as Mumbai receives its highest single-day July rain in five years
IMD, Mumbai has warned of intermittent moderate rain in the city and its suburbs and there are possibilities of heavy rainfall at isolated locations.
- 30 days ago 5 Jul 20, 3:21pm -
- Heavy rains continue in Mumbai; low-lying areas waterlogged
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast intermittent rains in the city and suburbs #39;with possibility of heavy falls #39; at isolated places in the next 24 hours.
- 30 days ago 5 Jul 20, 11:12am -
- Mumbai 2-km radius rule: Cops allow travel 'closer to home'
In a tweet, the police said people were #39;permitted shopping closer to home (5 am-9 pm) #39; and asked them not to forget IDs and other documents while travelling for work.
- 30 days ago 4 Jul 20, 9:29pm -
- COVID-19 patient kept in ambulance for one day for want of bed in Navi Mumbai
When he was finally admitted, the doctors told him that his father would need an injection which cost around Rs 32,000.
- 31 days ago 4 Jul 20, 5:52pm -
- WATCH | Heavy rains cause waterlogging in several parts of Mumbai
Waterlogging in these places forced the closure of subways and vehicle movement slowed down as well.
- 31 days ago 4 Jul 20, 2:04pm -
- Extremely heavy rain possible, IMD issues red alert for Mumbai
The IMD late Friday evening issued a red alert for Mumbai, Raigad and Ratnagiri over the next 24 hours.
- 31 days ago 4 Jul 20, 1:11am -