- newHarsimrat detained over farm laws protest
SAD chief Sukhbir Singh Badal, his wife and former Union minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Prem Singh Chandumajra and other senior Akali leaders were detained by the Chandigarh police on Thursday night while they were going towards the residence of the Punjab governor to protest the contentious new agri laws.
- 5 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 6:05am -
- newIPL 13: Rohit, Pollard, Hardik give MI 48-run win
Rohit Sharma's elegance mingled with the belligerence of his two six-hitting lieutenants as Mumbai Indians humbled Kings XI Punjab by 48 runs in an IPL match on Thursday. Invited to bat, the classy Rohit laid the foundation with a 45-ball 70, lacing his innings with eight fours and three sixes. Chasing a stiff target of 192, Kings XI Punjab were stopped at 143 for eight.
- 4 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 5:18am -
- newAamir Khan's virtual send off to BU's latest batch
It was an evening of virtual goodbyes and motivating speeches as Bennett University said goodbye to its Batch of 2020. The virtual convocation was attended by Chancellor Vineet Jain, Vice Chancellor Raghunath K. Shevgaonkar, Chief Guest Aamir Khan, Guest of Honour Raju Narisetti and Executive Director, BCCL, Revati Jain, along with families and teachers of the students.
- 4 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 4:56am -
- new3 soldiers killed in Pakistan firing along LoC
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 4:49am -
- newQueen's counsel for Jadhav: Pak rejects demand
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 4:40am -
- newFIR against Rahul, Priyanka, 200 Cong workers
- 3 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 4:06am -
- newGlobal Twitter outage, India too suffers
Twitter suffered a global outage sporadically for nearly 30 minutes on Thursday, with several users from India also reporting that the microblogging platform stopped working for them around 7.45pm. The United States, parts of Europe and Japan reported outages during the same time.
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 3:22am -
- newModel denies being the woman in the topless pic
- 2 hours ago 2 Oct 20, 3:22am -
- newArmy slams Pak-sponsored social media campaign
In a statement, the Army said it is a secular organisation and all officers and soldiers serve the nation with pride irrespective of their religion, caste, creed or gender. The Army specifically referred to various social media posts from Pakistan aimed at Lt General Taranjit Singh, who is serving as the deputy chief (Operations) of integrated defence staff under the department of military affairs (DMA).
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 20, 2:47am -
- newHathras: Victim's family seeks CBI probe; alleges admin, police pressure
The family of the 19-year-old Dalit woman who succumbed to her injuries at a Delhi hospital after she was allegedly gangraped in Hathras on Thursday alleged they were being pressured by the district administration against “repeatedly changing” their statement. The woman's father said he was being pressured by government officials & demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 20, 2:46am -
- newHappy Gandhi Jayanti 2020: Wishes and Quotes
He was rightly given the tag of the ‘Father of the Nation’, as he demonstrated through his actions and words, that wars can not only be fought but also won in a peaceful manner.
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 20, 2:30am -
- newGermany cancels AI Frankfurt flights till Oct 14
The ongoing air bubble disagreement between India and Germany has taken a turn for the worse. Germany has now withdrawn permission for Air India to operate flights to Frankfurt. “All our flights to and from Frankfurt till October 14 have been cancelled due to the withdrawal of permission by the German authorities,” said an Air India official.
- 50 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 2:10am -
- newUP police should have been more sensitive: BJP MP
UP Police needed to be "more sensitive and responsible" as their actions triggered anger among people following the cremation of the Hathras Dalit woman in dead of night, head of the parliamentary panel on the welfare of SCs/STs and BJP MP Kirit Solanki said on Thursday.
- 16 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 1:04am -
- newDog-eat-dog scenario in September SUV market
- 25 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 12:55am -
- newNew VVIP Boeing 777 flies in from Texas to Delhi
- 51 mins ago 2 Oct 20, 12:29am -
- newMoD inks Rs 409cr contract for 10 lakh grenades
Indian soldiers will now finally get modern hand grenades instead of grappling with ones of a vintage design of World War-II. The defence ministry on Thursday inked a Rs 409 crore contract with an Indian private firm for the supply of 10 lakh 'multi-mode’ hand grenades. This is the first such contract inked with a domestic private company.
- 1 hour ago 2 Oct 20, 12:00am -
- newHathras woman not raped: UP Police
A senior Uttar Pradesh police officer said on Thursday said the forensic report has revealed that the 19-year-old Hathras woman who succumbed to her injuries at a Delhi hospital was not raped. Citing a forensic science laboratory report, ADG (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar said the cause of her death is an injury on the neck and trauma resulting due to it.
- 3 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 10:04pm -
- newHow super-spreaders drove outbreak in India
Coronavirus super-spreaders were behind the explosion of Covid-19 in India, the country with the most cases after the US, researchers said. A group of patients that included about 8% of India’s confirmed cases later led to almost two-thirds of its total infections, scientists said Wednesday in a study published in the journal Science.
- 11 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 2:42pm -
- newLive: '2nd Russian vaccine passes early trials'
India's Coviid-19 tally reaches 63-lakh mark with a spike of 86,821 new cases & 1,181 deaths reported in last 24 hours. Total case tally stands at 63,12,585 including 9,40,705 active cases. While the number of recoveries surged to 52,73,202. The death toll is at 98,678. Stay with TOI for live updates-
- 14 hours ago 1 Oct 20, 11:03am -
- Live: HC notice to UP govt over Hathras incident
Taking suo motu cognisance of the death of a Dalit woman, who was allegedly gang-raped in Hathras district, the Lucknow bench of the Allahabad high court issued notices to the Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday. Meanwhile, the Hathras administration has imposed Section 144 in the district. Stay with TOI for all the latest updates:
- 2 days ago 29 Sep 20, 9:51pm -