- newCloudburst hits J&K village; over 30 missing, 4 bodies found
Over 30 people are reported missing after a cloudburst in a remote village in Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir early on Wednesday, officials said. Four bodies have been recovered.
- 5 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 2:55pm -
- newHimachal flash flood: One killed, 9 missing
- 5 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 2:37pm -
- newIntel to now make chips for Qualcomm
- 4 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 2:13pm -
- newNew WhatsApp feature will help you ignore archived chats
- 4 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 2:11pm -
- newTokyo 2020: India lose 1-4 to Great Britain in women's hockey
The Indians were guilty of wasting opportunities in their first two games and the trend continued on Wednesday at the Oi Hockey Stadium as Great Britain punished them through strikes from Hannah Martin (2nd and 19th minute), Lily Owsley (41st minute) and Grace Balsdon (57th minute).
- 4 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 2:10pm -
- newTop 10: ‘Lending apps can’t charge excess interest, fee’
- 4 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 1:30pm -
- newI definitely had Ma Long under pressure: Sharath Kamal
A 39-year-old Sharath Kamal hasn’t ruled out a return to Olympics in 2024. But even if he doesn’t, the Indian great will remember his Olympics swansong as one of his best-ever performances. It wasn’t enough to stop the legendary Ma Long in the third round at Tokyo, but that takes nothing away from the brilliant fight that the Chennai paddler put up, especially in the first three games.
- 2 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 12:17pm -
- newK'taka: With new CM, BJP tries to reassure Lingayat community
The announcement that Basavaraj Bommai will be the next Karnataka chief minister, made by his predecessor BS Yediyurappa, is a significant gesture to reassure the influential Lingayat community that their interests are safe with BJP and the party will not lose sight of them.
- 2 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 11:47am -
- newOly Live: Sindhu wins, women's hockey team loses
The sixth day of the Tokyo Olympics began on a bad note for India as the women's hockey team suffered its third straight defeat, losing to defending champions Great Britain 1-4. However, PV Sindhu continued her winning run to enter the Round of 16. Also, the men's lightweight double sculls team in rowing failed to make it to the medal final. Stay with Times of India to get all the live updates on Olympics 2021, India Events at Tokyo Olympics, Results, Medal Table and more on Times of India
- 1 hour ago 28 Jul 21, 10:59am -
- newBlockade in Assam cuts off Mizoram
Local residents staged a road blockade on National Highway 306 connecting Silchar with Aizawl at Kabuganj on Tuesday in protest against the killing of five security personnel in an attack by Mizos at Lailapur near the Assam-Mizoram border on Monday.
- 14 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 10:07am -
- new18 killed, many injured as truck hits bus in UP
At least 18 people died and 25 others were injured after a truck hit a stationary bus in Uttar Pradesh's Barabanki district in the wee hours of Wednesday, police said. It was raining heavily when the accident took place and this posed some problems in the rescue operation.
- 20 mins ago 28 Jul 21, 9:33am -
- newCovid-19: Kerala logs 22,000 cases, first in 50 days to top 20k
Kerala became the first state in the last 50 days to report over 20,000 fresh Covid cases in a single day, as a major spurt in infections took the day’s tally in the southern state to 22,129 on Tuesday. Kerala accounted for more than 50% of all new cases in the country on Tuesday.
- 2 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 8:06am -
- newBlinken in India; will meet PM, Jaishankar today
- 3 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 6:49am -
- newWhy Apple wants companies to choose Mac over Windows
- 5 hours ago 28 Jul 21, 4:25am -
- newOlympics: India's schedule and results on July 28
Indian badminton ace PV Sindhu defeated Hong Kong's Ngyan Yi Cheung 21-9, 21-16 in her second group match to enter the women's singles Round of 16 of Tokyo Olympics.
- 12 hours ago 27 Jul 21, 10:05pm -