- newLockdown in containment zones till June 30
The Centre on Saturday announced that lockdown will continue to remain in the containment zones till June 30. The power to demarcate the containment zones has been given to the district authorities, who need to consider the guidelines provided by the health ministry in declaring these zones. In the containment zones, only essential activities will be allowed.
- 5 hours ago 31 May 20, 2:10am -
- newMy elevation to captaincy is due to Dhoni: Kohli
Virat Kohli on Saturday said his elevation to captaincy has a lot to do with Mahendra Singh Dhoni keenly observing his cricket smarts for six-seven long years. During an Instagram chat with teammate Ravichandran Ashwin, Kohli spoke about how he was always keen on taking responsibility and becoming the India captain was a part of that process.
- 5 hours ago 31 May 20, 1:49am -
- newNational directives for Covid-19 management
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 1:26am -
- newNight curfew timings revised to 9pm-5am
The countrywide lockdown in containment zones has been extended till June 30, while hospitality services, hotels and shopping malls will be allowed to open from June 8, the Union home ministry said on Saturday.
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 1:19am -
- new'Covid-19 doubling time improves to 15.4 days'
The doubling time of coronavirus cases in India has improved to 15.4 days from 13.3 days, the Union health ministry said on Saturday, as the country's Covid-19 death toll climbed to 4,971 and the total cases rose to 1,73,763. The doubling time improved during the past three days, it said. As many as 11,264 Covid-19 patients have been cured in the last 24 hours.
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 1:14am -
- newUnlock 1.0: No restriction on inter-state travel
The ministry of home affairs on Saturday said there will not be any restrictions on the intra-state and inter-state movement of people and goods from June 1 outside containment zones. In fresh guidelines to reopen the country after the end of lockdown 4.0, the MHA said that no separate permission or e-permit will be required for movement between states.
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 12:55am -
- newBCCI nominates Rohit Sharma for Khel Ratna
The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Saturday nominated Rohit Sharma for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2020 while Ishant Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Deepti Sharma have been nominated for the Arjuna Awards. The sports ministry had sought invitations for the respective awards with the period of consideration beginning Jan 1, 2016 to Dec 31, 2019.
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 12:48am -
- newUnlock 1.0: What's open and from when
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 12:44am -
- newMHA guidelines on phased reopening: Full text
- 4 hours ago 31 May 20, 12:43am -
- newAustria to stage Formula 1 season-opener in July
Formula One's truncated coronavirus-hit season will finally get underway with the Austrian Grand Prix on July 5, the Austrian government announced on Saturday. The Spielberg circuit has also been given the green light to stage a second race the following weekend.
- 3 hours ago 31 May 20, 12:01am -
- newProtests flare across US over Minneapolis killing
Protests flared late into the night in many cities in the United States over the killing of George Floyd, a black man who died this week after being pinned down by the neck by a white police officer in Minneapolis.The sometimes violent demonstrations hit cities from New York to Atlanta in a tide of anger over the treatment of minorities by law enforcement.
- 3 hours ago 30 May 20, 11:50pm -
- newVaccine will bring cricket back to normal: Ganguly
BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has said that he is confident that cricket will get back to normal in "6 to 7 months' time" if a vaccine for the coronavirus is developed. "It is something which caught the world in sheer shock. We did not have any vaccines to take care of it, but I think over a 6-7 month period, once the vaccine comes up everything will be normal," he said.
- 2 hours ago 30 May 20, 11:34pm -
- newChinese vaccine could be ready by yr-end: Govt body
A Chinese-made coronavirus vaccine could be ready for market as early as the end of this year, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission (SASAC) said in a social media post. In trials, more than 2,000 people have received vaccines developed by the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products and the Beijing Institute of Biological Products.
- 2 hours ago 30 May 20, 11:28pm -
- newPM Modi shares vision to boost key sectors
- 2 hours ago 30 May 20, 11:16pm -
- newPM Modi shares 'vikas yatra' of his second term
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday shared a document with the people detailing the "vikas yatra" or glimpses of development, empowerment and service during his government's second term. The document, shared by the PM on the occasion of the first anniversary of his second term, detailed the steps taken by his government for the progress and development of the country.
- 2 hours ago 30 May 20, 10:47pm -
- new114 Maha cops test Covid +ve in last 24 hours
In the last 24 hours, 114 police personnel have tested positive for coronavirus in Maharashtra, and one police official has died due to the virus, said Maharashtra Police. The total number of Covid-19 infected personnel is now 2,325 in the state, while 26 have succumbed to the infection. Maharashtra has currently 33,133 Covid-19 active cases.
- 47 mins ago 30 May 20, 9:51pm -
- new'28% cases in India till Apr 30 were asymptomatic'
At least 28 per cent of 40,184 people who had tested positive for Covid-19 between January 22 and April 30 in India were asymptomatic, a study found, raising concerns about the novel coronavirus being spread by those who show mild or no symptoms. A large proportion of both those tested and those positive were asymptomatic contacts, according to the study by ICMR.
- 6 mins ago 30 May 20, 8:58pm -
- newCovid vaccine makers may need to infect subjects
Drugmakers sprinting to deliver potential Covid-19 vaccines say they're facing a new hurdle: declining infection rates that could make it hard to test their shots. If the disease ebbs further in some regions, not enough people will be exposed to the coronavirus to make studies possible. Researchers may have to consider deliberately infecting healthy volunteers with the virus.
- 2 hours ago 30 May 20, 7:06pm -
- newFlight called back after pilot found corona +ve
An Air India aircraft winging its way from Delhi to Moscow on Saturday morning had to be called back to Delhi from over Uzbekistan after the airline realised that one of the pilots onboard had tested corona positive. An oversight by the team checking pre-flight test reports of crew members had mistakenly read this captain’s positive report as negative.
- 3 hours ago 30 May 20, 6:32pm -
- newLockdown 5.0 live: Religious places, hotels, malls to reopen from June 8
The nationwide lockdown in containment zones will continue till June 30 but extensive relaxations including opening of religious places and shopping malls in a phased manner from June 8. Stay here for all live updates
- 11 hours ago 30 May 20, 9:48am -