- new'Matrishakti' our real strength: PM in interaction with women
- 3 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 10:00am -
- newCovid 3rd wave: 'All-India peak yet to come, go for strategic testing'
The number of Omicron cases in most metros has started falling but health experts are of the view that a "pan-India peak" is still lurking ahead as infection is now spreading to smaller cities, which are likely to see a surge over the next two to three weeks. Taking note of this, the Centre has asked states and Union territories to enhance testing to identify new clusters and hotspots of infection.
- 2 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 9:25am -
- newWhy only 19? SC asks govt to explain cap on women in NDA
After demolishing the gender barrier and directing entry of women aspirants in the National Defence Academy (NDA) which was earlier allowed only for men, the Supreme Court has agreed to examine a plea for letting women compete with men for admission for all seats without putting restrictions on the number of women to be enrolled.
- 2 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 9:01am -
- newCovid: Occupancy of ICU beds in Kerala rises by 15% in a day
With surge in daily Covid cases, Kerala has seen a 15% increase in ICU bed occupancy and 20% increase in oxygen-bed occupancy within a day. As the coronavirus infection fuels daily record infection rates in the state, public health experts fear that the most vulnerable this time are senior citizens and those with comorbidities, who were protected during the first and second waves.
- 1 hour ago 19 Jan 22, 8:29am -
- newLt Gen Pande to be next Army vice-chief
The government has approved the appointment of Eastern Command chief Lt General Manoj Pande as the next Army vice-chief, even as the decision on the next chief of defence staff (CDS) is still awaited. Lt Gen Pande will succeed Lt-General CP Mohanty, who is slated to retire on January 31, sources said on Tuesday.
- 58 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 8:09am -
- newFM: Govt will target assets owned by Devas promoters
A day after the SC verdict, finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday attacked Congress for “committing a fraud on the country” in the Devas deal with Antrix, and said it would move aggressively and target assets owned by promoters of the company, both in India and abroad. "It was a fraud of Congress, by Congress and for Congress... It’s Congress’s turn to explain,” Sitharaman said.
- 14 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 7:25am -
- new3 Navy men die in explosion on warship in Mumbai dockyard
Three Indian Navy sailors were killed and 11 sustained burn injuries in an explosion on board the Rajput-class destroyer, INS Ranvir, at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday. The explosion occurred around 4.45pm in an internal compartment of the destroyer, which was anchored at Mumbai on cross-coast deployment from eastern Naval Command at Visakhapatnam.
- 3 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 7:14am -
- newVijay Mallya loses battle to keep London home
Indian fugitive business tycoon Vijay Mallya and his family are set to be evicted from their multi-million-pound London home after mortgagee Swiss bank UBS won the right in court on Tuesday to repossess it and sell it. If the family do not leave immediately of their own accord, they may get evicted from the house by bailiffs.
- 5 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 7:06am -
- newED raids homes, offices of Channi nephew in mining case
Nearly a dozen homes and offices belonging to a nephew of Punjab CM Charanjit Singh Channi and some of his aides were searched in concerted raids by the Enforcement Directorate on Tuesday as part of a new probe into money laundering allegations linked to the 2018 illegal sand mining case. The raids yielded around Rs 6 crore in unaccounted cash, directorate officials said.
- 19 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 6:52am -
- newPhone poll ‘elects’ Bhagwant Mann as AAP’s Punjab CM-face
AAP on Tuesday declared Sangrur MP and former stand-up comic Bhagwant Mann as its candidate for Punjab CM, based on 93% of 21 lakh responses received in a reality show-like telephone poll in which Congress president Navjot Singh Sidhu curiously ended up with the second highest votes. AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal said some people voted for him, too, but that wouldn’t count as he was never in the race.
- 27 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 6:44am -
- newGujarat, Telangana receive Covid death claims 9 & 7 times of official toll
Data filed by states in the Supreme Court shows that the number of Covid compensation claims received by some of them far exceed their official count of deaths. In Gujarat and Telangana, it’s as high as almost nine and seven times, respectively, while in absolute numbers, the gap between the official toll and compensation claims is the largest in Maharashtra.
- 35 mins ago 19 Jan 22, 6:36am -
- newAmazon sale: 10 powerful laptops that offer value-for-money
- 1 hour ago 19 Jan 22, 5:41am -
- new'Mulayam Singh's daughter-in-law Aparna Yadav to join BJP'
- 2 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 4:53am -
- newDrones, laser show at Beating Retreat; new initiatives for R-Day
Don’t be alarmed if you spot a drone swarm flying over Lutyens’ Delhi towards the month-end. The enthralling Beating Retreat ceremony, which is held on January 29 every year, will include 1,000 drones flying in synchronization with background music as well as a laser “projection mapping” show this time.
- 3 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 4:36am -
- newMicrosoft makes gaming industry's biggest-ever acquisition
- 5 hours ago 19 Jan 22, 2:15am -